"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:59 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I've been preaching for years that i want an original story (similar to what Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans was back in the day), but Xenoverse is set up perfectly for a sequel and I hate to see that go to waste. So let Towa and Mira regroup and form the Time Breakers, let's deal with the history shenanigans again (hopefully with bigger changes), and then once they're defeated I'll pray that we get completely new content in the next game and we never look back at rehashes.

I know there are some people out there that honestly want rehash after rehash because they want a game that perfectly recreates everything from the original story. Until Bandai Namco can start making games on a better budget and schedule though, they almost certainly aren't going to get what they want. So hopefully they can put that desire aside and accept new content until that super awesome game they desire can be a possibility.
I think it would be interesting if, instead of the main series, a sequel dealt with the 13 Toei movies.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:54 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I've been preaching for years that i want an original story (similar to what Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans was back in the day), but Xenoverse is set up perfectly for a sequel and I hate to see that go to waste. So let Towa and Mira regroup and form the Time Breakers, let's deal with the history shenanigans again (hopefully with bigger changes), and then once they're defeated I'll pray that we get completely new content in the next game and we never look back at rehashes.

I know there are some people out there that honestly want rehash after rehash because they want a game that perfectly recreates everything from the original story. Until Bandai Namco can start making games on a better budget and schedule though, they almost certainly aren't going to get what they want. So hopefully they can put that desire aside and accept new content until that super awesome game they desire can be a possibility.
I think it would be interesting if, instead of the main series, a sequel dealt with the 13 Toei movies.
Have Tullece arrive with Vegeta and Nappa, Cooler can chill on Namek with his brother, and Janemba could possibly spawn out of the chaos Buu causes.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Yeah, I don't really like the idea of Heroes-transformations bleeding into the content that I like but I can't deny that it wouldn't have been more interesting than what we have. The time travel shenanigans of XV just amount to the Time Patroller showing up and the battles playing out accordingly except the Patroller is also there and the characters sometimes notice them. Something like Percel's story would be more interesting.

I know this probably won't happen but I do hope that the sequel will use of the DBO content that didn't make it into XV like Robo Red, Narak(he actually got a mention in XV for some reason!), and Cell X. Seeing how the main characters of the manga changed the Dragon World was what I really liked about Online and I didn't like how XV just scrapped the present day of the future stuff.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:14 pm

If Towa and Mira return for the sequel then I hope they give us something fresh and different for the plot then another rehash. I still like the idea of you choosing to work on the side of good or evil in the story mode.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:47 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I've been preaching for years that i want an original story (similar to what Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans was back in the day)
What about Shin Budokai: Another Road? :P
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 am

johnboy1 wrote:What about Shin Budokai: Another Road? :P
I am not familiar with the game of which you speak, so surely it must not exist. I mean, I'm certain no developer would take a Dragon Ball story and deliberately make it terrible by trying to shoehorn in every playable character on the roster, even if it makes absolutely zero sense...right? :cry:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:12 am

One problem I can see with this is what it'd mean for the roster.

Completely new stories means that they'd either be split between developing content for the new stories and developing the old characters or they ditch old characters that aren't going to be in the new stories.

If they go with the first option, it's probably going to mean we don't get a very fleshed out new story, and we'll still be missing a significant number of the older characters. The second option is the best bet to get a detailed new story, and new characters, but I'm not sure if Dragon Ball games that didn't have the older characters would be well received.

People are wondering where Zarbon and Dodoria are in this game, and they're pretty minor except for their uses in the story - which Xenoverse doesn't really cover. In an entirely new story, I'd think even more characters along those lines would be cut, and then there would be pretty big complaints.

That's because a big draw of these games is playing with your favourite characters that you're already familiar with.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:59 am

I'm a huge character guy. I love the Tenkiachi/Sparking series games, and I was upset that a lot of characters are missing in Xenoverse. But if I'm getting completely new content, I'm willing to make the sacrifice to potentially lose less important character that the story doesn't involve at all (like zero Freeza on Namek. Not just Zarbon being skipped over, the whole arc isn't covered), because some of these characters already aren't making the cut in recent games.

In an ideal situation, we could perhaps get said theoretical new content in a game from Dimps after a potential Xenoverse 2. That way, we'd have all that content already completed just waiting to be ported over and we could get a new story without having to worry much about who gets included and who doesn't. But that's an ideal situation...

In a less ideal situation, you focus on the characters that are relevant to the plot. For example, if it takes place after Buu, You get Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, Kuririn, Mr. Satan, Mr. Buu, etc. If there are new heroes or villains akin to Time Kaioshin or Demigra, and they fight, you add them next. After you have the required content finished for the new material, THEN you can go back and work in bonuses like Final Form Freeza, Perfect Cell and Pure Buu. Start with the most important characters and work your way down with the time you have.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:34 am

if they arent lazy they easiely could make PQ's to unlock the characters that dont appear in the story.

small quests like , zarbon and dodoria somehow escaped namek and now they arrived on earth to search for the dragonballs for themself.
collect the dragonballs before them and beat them.

Rosstifer25

Post by Rosstifer25 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:58 am

I don't know if this has already been discussed, so apologies if it has, but has anything been said about further dlc releases after the third pack or is that where the updates for Xenoverse will stop?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:03 am

Nothing has been said. We're just going to have to wait and see after the end of April. Though, that's also around when the next games are announced (April/May), so I'm curious if we'll just get an announcement of more DLC, a sequel or an entirely different game.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:07 am

I'd like for SSJ4 Vegeta for DLC. Not sure if they have announced anything as of late.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:51 am

Raki wrote:I'd like for SSJ4 Vegeta for DLC. Not sure if they have announced anything as of late.
I've written mails to both managers of European Bandai. That I would buy it even outside of the season pass or if it will be coming.
Nothing yet from them....

So I mailed the same thing to the customer service of Bandai! :lol:

Damn, I want that Vegeta!!!! Before, with 360, I was upset that all my favorite games have Sony exclusive stuff, that I will never get and never got.
So I went with PS4, that is not back compatible and developers also upgraded on their marketing process - pre-order exclusive stuff!
I nostalgically remembered, how I had Pokémon on GBC and kids in US had chance to get Mew or other legendary Pokémon on some convention,
growing up in Czech republic, I was lucky to at least get the cartridge of the game itself. Now it happens again with almost every game.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:13 am

*is glad I pre-ordered the game three months ahead of time* XD

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Pretty sure SSJ4 Vegeta is still and will remain Day 1 content only. Even why they showed the scan of DLC Pack 3 content, Vegeta was nowhere to be found.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:36 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Pretty sure SSJ4 Vegeta is still and will remain Day 1 content only. Even why they showed the scan of DLC Pack 3 content, Vegeta was nowhere to be found.
To be fair, DLC Pack 3 advertisements from whatever Jump magazine it was in stated that the pack would contain Golden Freeza and "others" as playable characters. That doesn't rule out Vegeta.

Japan already got SS4 Vegeta and Jaco via earlier, alternate methods. Jaco has long since been advertised as being part of Pack 3 in the international versions, but that does that mean he's not in the Japanese version too for those that didn't get the proper code? If Jaco is indeed in the pack and they just aren't advertising content that has already been released, then the same could potentially hold true for SS4 Vegeta.

Also there is the missing costume slot data for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Freeza's true forms. I'm curious if we'll see these advertised, or if they'll just be unlocked like the surprise Neo Ginyu Nappa.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Pretty sure SSJ4 Vegeta is still and will remain Day 1 content only. Even why they showed the scan of DLC Pack 3 content, Vegeta was nowhere to be found.
To be fair, DLC Pack 3 advertisements from whatever Jump magazine it was in stated that the pack would contain Golden Freeza and "others" as playable characters. That doesn't rule out Vegeta.

Japan already got SS4 Vegeta and Jaco via earlier, alternate methods. Jaco has long since been advertised as being part of Pack 3 in the international versions, but that does that mean he's not in the Japanese version too for those that didn't get the proper code? If Jaco is indeed in the pack and they just aren't advertising content that has already been released, then the same could potentially hold true for SS4 Vegeta.

Also there is the missing costume slot data for Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Freeza's true forms. I'm curious if we'll see these advertised, or if they'll just be unlocked like the surprise Neo Ginyu Nappa.
Whether SSJ4 Vegeta is or isnt included personally doesnt concern me as I already have him but it will be interesting to see who else comes along Freeza for the pack. Will be interesting to see what they do with Goku. If we do get the so called "Blueper Saiyan" id rather see it as a alt for SSJG Goku over regular Goku. Giving blueper Vegeta his own character would be smart as well, same goes for Gold Freeza.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Well, whatever they are in the coding is different from how they are handled on the selection screen. GT Trunks is just a costume for Future Trunks in the code, yet is in individual icon on the selection screen. So They can do whatever they want with them.

Personally, I expect Gohan and Freeza's final form to get new Resurrection F costume dots. Golden Freeza will probably be a "costume" for 100% Freeza in the data, but have his own slot on the selection screen. Goku and Vegeta though? Eh, they might as well just toss them onto the original versions of the characters. Post-BOG Goku as used in Xenoverse's climax is already the last costume for Goku, so I see no reason why Resurrection F Goku couldn't go there to. It won't really matter to me how they handle it though.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Really depends if they'll treat Goku and Vegeta's new forms as actual transformations or like what they did with God Form. Considering how they did Ultimate Gohan and the fact Goku/Vegeta's new forms act like a normal SSJ transformation I'm thinking the former is more likely.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:28 pm

This youtube channel has some pretty cool tips that help a lot on PvP that maybe will make your battles less annoiyng. Some of these include when and how to effectively use certain attacks, teleport moves and how to take advantage when the opponent uses some Poses or transformations.

Now if only they patched the hit detection.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr