"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnboy1
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by johnboy1 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:10 am

That feeling when you take your level 85 character back to the Saiyan arc and one-shot Nappa? Priceless.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:19 am

johnboy1 wrote:That feeling when you take your level 85 character back to the Saiyan arc and one-shot Nappa? Priceless.
It's cool and all but then you get a terrible rank anyway because you didn't do it stylish enough.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 01, 2015 11:20 am

johnboy1 wrote:That feeling when you take your level 85 character back to the Saiyan arc and one-shot Nappa? Priceless.
You could honestly one-shot Nappa when you reach Level 30.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Fri May 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Fighting Level 1 Trunks with your level 85 CaC in the beginning,
Trunks: Now, let's go trough the basics-
Your CaC: MAKAKOSAPPO!!!!
Z-rank achieved.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Even better was when a Level 1 Time Patroller showed up in the Ultimate Finish of "Insidious Plot". She makes a grand entrance, eats three heavy attacks without getting a single punch in and promptly dies. I wouldn't have beaten the quest in time if it wasn't for that. Seriously, fuck that five-minute bullshit. Everyone knows that five minutes is actually supposed to last three hours.

So, with a new series coming out, do you think XV2 will base its plot around the plot from Super? Really, aside from the original Dragon Ball (which would be a bit underwhelming at this point) and the two filler arcs from Z, there isn't much left for it to cannibalize from the old days. What's left? Zarbon and Dodoria? 19 and 20? Dabra? The movies?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:FYI, I downloaded one of the codes. :lol:
I got 1 too thankfully.

With the amount of copies the game sold I'm surprised the codes weren't gone within an hour.

Seeing as they're still up I think a good amount of people don't know about them.
Well, if BN had announced they were doing this on twitter or their facebook page, I think all the codes would have taken in a hour or two. But you have to remember, this also only applies to those who bought the EU version of the game. So everybody else that is not a part of the EU and bought the Day 1 edition of the game and didn't secure a code, effectively got screwed.
They announced it on Facebook. That is why I knew about that :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri May 01, 2015 2:25 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Even better was when a Level 1 Time Patroller showed up in the Ultimate Finish of "Insidious Plot". She makes a grand entrance, eats three heavy attacks without getting a single punch in and promptly dies. I wouldn't have beaten the quest in time if it wasn't for that. Seriously, fuck that five-minute bullshit. Everyone knows that five minutes is actually supposed to last three hours.

So, with a new series coming out, do you think XV2 will base its plot around the plot from Super? Really, aside from the original Dragon Ball (which would be a bit underwhelming at this point) and the two filler arcs from Z, there isn't much left for it to cannibalize from the old days. What's left? Zarbon and Dodoria? 19 and 20? Dabra? The movies?

That is my hope! Now they are going to have a plethora of new material to work with. I'm still in shock that Dragonball is getting a resurrection almost 2 decades later. Now my personal hope is that we get something a little closer to an MMO, but the potential Xenoverse series might be as good as it gets in that regard; I wouldn't be mad at that though, close enough.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:Fighting Level 1 Trunks with your level 85 CaC in the beginning,
Trunks: Now, let's go trough the basics-
Your CaC: MAKAKOSAPPO!!!!
Z-rank achieved.
That's one thing that always struck me about the first fight with Trunks: He wished for someone strong enough to defend time itself, then he immediately "tests" said someone by trying to lop his head off, with no prior warning. Trunks, what if this super-powerful warrior you summoned just reflexively kills you? Seriously, all he's aware of is that he's been kidnapped and is now being attacked by some lunatic with a sword. For all you know about his strength, "instant kill" is a viable option in situations like this.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Fri May 01, 2015 5:52 pm

No fucking idea how to beat the Goten and Trunks missions with a completely physical character. I think it's bullshit that they have unlimited ki and can all spam ultimate attacks.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Tyro wrote:No fucking idea how to beat the Goten and Trunks missions with a completely physical character. I think it's bullshit that they have unlimited ki and can all spam ultimate attacks.
Well, DIMPS had to find a way to make the later PQ's difficult in some way.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Tyro wrote:No fucking idea how to beat the Goten and Trunks missions with a completely physical character. I think it's bullshit that they have unlimited ki and can all spam ultimate attacks.
Because screw having actually competent A.I that knows how to play around with the game's mechanics, pfft no, let's just give every enemy in the later PQs armor along with infinite Ki and stamina, surely it's the only way they could have gone around this.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Because screw having actually competent A.I that knows how to play around with the game's mechanics, pfft no, let's just give every enemy in the later PQs armor along with infinite Ki and stamina, surely it's the only way they could have gone around this.
Ugh. Don't get me started on the A.I. :roll:

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:30 pm

So I had a match a few hours back where I had to fight someone using the Kakaroooot!! Z-Soul & Pose K which had a hilarious ending and I thought " you know what, maybe I'll make a little hints video"...so I did.

Flinch the Un-flinchables
https://youtu.be/eHB28-4ztb4

It's a hints video for fighting posers and an excuse to upload a match I found funny, so you know...2 Birds :D

Also unrelated to this video. Note to self SBC does NOT beat SuperNova...OUCH.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Oh yeah, having enemies spam ki attacks and ganging up on you rather than fighting you fairly, especially when they have a HUGE advantage like infinite ki, is so much fun. I think it makes Xenoverse a more interesting game, and one that promotes experimenting with different skills in crafty ways to win battles. :roll: No. These final PQs promote the cheapest gameplay strategies: make a character that specializes in ki-based ultimates and spam the hell out of them until you win. Fight fire with fire, as they say.

How about the Saiyans start out as Super Saiyans but they also lose their ki over time and fall to base, leaving them open to be attacked? Or maybe they can be Super Saiyans with infinite ki the whole time, but the AI is programmed to not launch ultimate attacks every chance they get? There are literally dozens of ways these PQs could be better.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm having 0 fun trying to complete them. It's just... fuck, they're just no fun at all.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 am

I wouldn't mind the opponents ganging up on you (since I spent a good portion of my childhood screaming at the Z-Fighters to do just that), if there were ANY melee attacks that could be used for crowd control. There's no spinning kicks or combination punches/donkey kicks or anything that would help you fend off several characters surrounding you. Hell, even with ki attacks, there's only a handful that have an area-of-effect. They built a system that was optimized for one-on-one combat and then made a game where 90% of the action features more than two combatants.

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:17 pm

johnboy1 wrote:I wouldn't mind the opponents ganging up on you (since I spent a good portion of my childhood screaming at the Z-Fighters to do just that), if there were ANY melee attacks that could be used for crowd control. There's no spinning kicks or combination punches/donkey kicks or anything that would help you fend off several characters surrounding you. Hell, even with ki attacks, there's only a handful that have an area-of-effect. They built a system that was optimized for one-on-one combat and then made a game where 90% of the action features more than two combatants.

I used spirit explosion in those situations. But really this game doesn't have anything that's great crowd control. Ultra fighting bomber is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. More or less that's why I have a character for pvp and on for PQ's.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:44 pm

The gloves are off, Power ring set aside, let's see what I can do without it.

FASTEST VICTORY EVER
https://youtu.be/SKY_YOzkaYI

Seems I do pretty good without it. :D

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat May 02, 2015 3:00 pm

So, hey, is there some checklist somewhere with all the game's items, clothing, accessories and moves that can be obtained?

I find it would probably be waaaaay more handy to check stuff off as I got them, to know what I already have and don't yet have, as I unlock them, without having to constantly check the menus in-between Parallel Quests.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:05 pm

Rukura wrote:So, hey, is there some checklist somewhere with all the game's items, clothing, accessories and moves that can be obtained?

I find it would probably be waaaaay more handy to check stuff off as I got them, to know what I already have and don't yet have, as I unlock them, without having to constantly check the menus in-between Parallel Quests.
I did make a checklist in Excel but I only included clothing you get in mission, not items you buy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1orrp3u48vpg ... s.xls?dl=0

Just print it off and tick off what you've got. I've also marked of items you can't get like gloves and shoes on certain outfits.

Hope this helps.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat May 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Rukura wrote:So, hey, is there some checklist somewhere with all the game's items, clothing, accessories and moves that can be obtained?

I did make a checklist in Excel but I only included clothing you get in mission, not items you buy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1orrp3u48vpg ... s.xls?dl=0

Just print it off and tick off what you've got. I've also marked of items you can't get like gloves and shoes on certain outfits.

Hope this helps.
Considering the attacks check themselves off after you obtain them, this is EXACTLY what I was looking, thank you very much :D
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0