"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 05, 2015 12:32 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on what the best choice for "Shenlong wishes" is? I have all 7 db's and I'm leaning towards the "re-customize character" option (mostly wanting to pick a new voice).
If your not bothered about trophies or whatever then go for changing your appearance or redistribute your stats. The other wishes are only for.some extra supers/ultimates/characters you probably won't use anyway.
Many thanks!

Yeah, I'm not bothering with the trophies. My only extra-curricular priorities with this game are to beat Vegeta and Gokû's training (the latter of which is making me wait til level 70 because of course he is. I'm at level 37 now.)

Redistributing stats may be my 2nd wish, but it's not a major thing seeing as I got tips fairly early on from the TFS Dumplin walkthrough about where is best to stack your stats.

I'm happy with my supers and rarely ever use ultimates. I've played as my OC pretty much the whole way through except for a couple times where I tried out Gokû.

Once I decide between the 3 voices I'm debating on, I'll go make the wish.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:34 am

Aaand it's done

Dragonball Xenoverse Phantom VS Phantom (The Spamqual)
https://youtu.be/r6tnr0qFoGc

Please enjoy and drop a like maybe?
Chuquita wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on what the best choice for "Shenlong wishes" is? I have all 7 db's and I'm leaning towards the "re-customize character" option (mostly wanting to pick a new voice).
If your not bothered about trophies or whatever then go for changing your appearance or redistribute your stats. The other wishes are only for.some extra supers/ultimates/characters you probably won't use anyway.
Many thanks!

Yeah, I'm not bothering with the trophies. My only extra-curricular priorities with this game are to beat Vegeta and Gokû's training (the latter of which is making me wait til level 70 because of course he is. I'm at level 37 now.)

Redistributing stats may be my 2nd wish, but it's not a major thing seeing as I got tips fairly early on from the TFS Dumplin walkthrough about where is best to stack your stats.

I'm happy with my supers and rarely ever use ultimates. I've played as my OC pretty much the whole way through except for a couple times where I tried out Gokû.

Once I decide between the 3 voices I'm debating on, I'll go make the wish.
Yeah the voice was definitely a difficult choice for me. What sounded good in Sergios Voice video didn't sound great when he was pummeling or getting pummeled (which you hear a lot more often than attack names)
Last edited by Sshadow5001 on Tue May 05, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 05, 2015 12:46 am

Sshadow5001 wrote: Yeah the voice was definitely a difficult choice for me. What sounded good in Sergios Voice video didn't sound great when he was plummeting or getting pummeled (which you hear a lot more often than attack names)
With mine I'm not so crazy about the voice outside of the regular battle grunts. I didn't start using attack name shout-out skills until semi-recently and discovered the voice doesn't really fit the character design after all.

It also didn't help that I chose the voice in English and ended up playing primarily in Japanese, so I technically don't really get to hear the one I originally picked anyway.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:50 am

Chuquita wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote: Yeah the voice was definitely a difficult choice for me. What sounded good in Sergios Voice video didn't sound great when he was plummeting or getting pummeled (which you hear a lot more often than attack names)
With mine I'm not so crazy about the voice outside of the regular battle grunts. I didn't start using attack name shout-out skills until semi-recently and discovered the voice doesn't really fit the character design after all.

It also didn't help that I chose the voice in English and ended up playing primarily in Japanese, so I technically don't really get to hear the one I originally picked anyway.
Even though I said I was going to, I haven't actually switched to the Japanese voices yet. I sure hope my Green Lantern sounds good with voice 10 lol

I have 3 of them and it'd be a pain to gather all the dragonballs 3 more times.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 05, 2015 1:28 am

So, it's only 10:30 PM on the west coast, but I also realized that it's Tuesday. The normal PSN store updates are on Tuesday. Really hoping we don't have to wait till the normal 2-3 PM to get the outfits, like with the actual DLC packs. :/
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:So, it's only 10:30 PM on the west coast, but I also realized that it's Tuesday. The normal PSN store updates are on Tuesday. Really hoping we don't have to wait till the normal 2-3 PM to get the outfits, like with the actual DLC packs. :/
I wasn't even expecting the pack at all lol. I just happen to come across a guy who was wearing Vegeta's gear and he wasn't Japanese, he told me the pack was put on the store like 30 mins ago.

I would have thought there would have been some sort of announcement on Facebook or something.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 05, 2015 1:43 am

Bandai Namco rarely has their shit together compared to other companies that actually announce things and give proper dates to stuff like this. In this case there will probably be a post on Facebook about it later today or tomorrow, telling everyone to download the thing...after most of the fanbase that visit a DB community already have it downloaded.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue May 05, 2015 2:56 am

Is DLC pack 3 coming tomorrow, or is it just the RoF costumes?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 05, 2015 3:06 am

Bandai Namco usually tells us about the full DLC packs like a day in advance. Seeing how we didn't get any news yesterday, I'm guessing it's still planned for the 12th? That's the same two week gap as last time from US announcement to US release.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue May 05, 2015 3:52 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Bandai Namco usually tells us about the full DLC packs like a day in advance. Seeing how we didn't get any news yesterday, I'm guessing it's still planned for the 12th? That's the same two week gap as last time from US announcement to US release.
Ahh, ok. Thanks!
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue May 05, 2015 4:55 am

Anyone looking to trade me the following items on PS3? PSN is BonesMV3, here's what I want:

Yamcha's Turtle Hermit Gi (Lower Body, Hands)
Battle Suit (Krillin) (Upper Body, Lower Body, Feet)
Who will surpass me?!
Hercule's Clothes (Upper Body)
Piccolo (Demon Clothes) (Lower Body)
Android 17's Clothes (Lower Body)
Android 18's Clothes (Vest & Pants) (Hands)
Papparapah! Barrier!
Training Suit (Hands)
I can't... It's all over... *sob*...
I am the prince of the Saiyans!
You won't get away with that!

If you want anything in return, let me know, I have these and some more to offer:

Videl's clothes (Hands)
Dr. Gero's Hat
Great Saiyaman Bandana 2
You are...our last...hope!!
I...I'm okay!
Now I'm REALLY mad!
Here, have something good!
Dieeee!!!
You mustn't do that!
I'll use all my strength to kill you.
You...are going down!
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:22 am

Anyone else disappointed at the stat spread on the new outfits? It's the exact same as with the Bardock, Broly, and Time Patroller sets. Meanwhile, the only ki-focused top-tier costume seems to be the GT Goku costume.

EDIT: Huh, apparently I was mistaken. the Vegito and 4-Star costumes are ki-focused as well.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 am

So I woke up and checked the PSN store and still nothing on the F outfits... Guess us NA players will have to wait till this afternoon... :|
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 am

If anyone owns the EU version then you can get the costumes from their online shop for free.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue May 05, 2015 11:05 am

So my game just updated to patch 1.06 on PC. Either this is in preparation for the costumes or it's another fix/balance/nerf patch. Anyone else got this patch?

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:24 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:So my game just updated to patch 1.06 on PC. Either this is in preparation for the costumes or it's another fix/balance/nerf patch. Anyone else got this patch?
That's the patch we got for the F costume pack weeks ago on consoles.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue May 05, 2015 11:36 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:So my game just updated to patch 1.06 on PC. Either this is in preparation for the costumes or it's another fix/balance/nerf patch. Anyone else got this patch?
Looks like I got a 40MB update on Steam as well. Unfortunately I'm at work so I won't be able to test it until tonight to see if the costumes are there or not. :cry:
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Anyone know when the NA PS Store updates?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:28 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Anyone know when the NA PS Store updates?
It's usually mid day I think?

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:59 pm

US user here: My Steam account automatically updated XV with the costumes. They look nice.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.