"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue May 05, 2015 1:04 pm

johnboy1 wrote:US user here: My Steam account automatically updated XV with the costumes. They look nice.
EU guy here, It's also live on Steam here.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what exact settings were used to create the Future Warrior seen in the trailers. He's obviously a male Saiyan with adult Gohan's hairstyle, and he's clearly wearing the Time Patroller outfit with no gloves. However, I'm curious about the exact choices for eyes, ears, nose and jaw, the exact skin tone, build, and clothing colors, etc. Has anyone figured what they are? I'd like to have him as one of my eight characters.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know what exact settings were used to create the Future Warrior seen in the trailers. He's obviously a male Saiyan with adult Gohan's hairstyle, and he's clearly wearing the Time Patroller outfit with no gloves. However, I'm curious about the exact choices for eyes, ears, nose and jaw, the exact skin tone, build, and clothing colors, etc. Has anyone figured what they are? I'd like to have him as one of my eight characters.
I don't really know but I think I might make him too. I don't actually have a male Saiyan yet.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I don't really know but I think I might make him too. I don't actually have a male Saiyan yet.
I guess I'll have to print out some pictures and do my best by-eye comparison, then I'll post my results here and see if anyone disagrees. Really, the colors are going to be the real bitch, because not everyone perceives them the same way, and I have difficulty distinguishing between two shades when they're really close together.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue May 05, 2015 2:06 pm

One thing I hope they do is make a customizable piece of clothing in terms of stats.
Like, give us X amount of stat points and X amount of - stat points to equip on clothes(the - points have to be put on)
I would really like to have a really ki based piece of customizable clothing.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Signed up on the site and got the Revival of F pack! :D I honestly haven't been playing this game a lot now. actually any game for that matter. I may get back into it again. :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 05, 2015 2:27 pm

So we've got the costumes, but looks like the actual DLC won't hit the PSN anytime soon :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:40 pm

MCDaveG wrote:So we've got the costumes, but looks like the actual DLC won't hit the PSN anytime soon :(
I give it another week. Two at most. They don't have to worry about spoilers because there's no story mode to this DLC, just PQs and new mentors.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Looks like we had to wait after all. Oh well, finally got the costumes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 05, 2015 5:02 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Looks like we had to wait after all. Oh well, finally got the costumes.
Awww, I was so hyped to at least battle with the characters since I will see Dragon Ball Super definitely before I will have the chance to see Fukkatsu no F :(

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 05, 2015 5:18 pm

I was talking about waiting for the US PSN store to update before the costumes were added, unlike in Europe (because they usually update on Wednesdays?). Most of us have been assuming the 12th for DLC Pack 3 since the official announcement for the west, because that's the same two week gap as they had for Pack 2.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue May 05, 2015 5:20 pm

I wish the costumes didn't give the same Bardock/Broli stats. I mean for Goku's outfit it's fine, but Vegetas? The guy is more of a ki blast user so how come they didn't make his outfit fit for ki blast users? :/

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:22 pm

For anyone curious as to how the "trailer" Future Warrior was made, what follows is my best guess, based on comparisons between high-quality screenshots/renders and what I could see on my monitor. If you disagree about something (especially the color), I'd be glad to hear your argument. The color descriptions assume you start from the upper left-hand corner (solid black). Height and build types start from the left. Again, he's wearing the full set of Time Patroller outfit and a New Model Scouter (Green).

Height: 3
Build: 1
Head/Hair: Type 5
Eyes: Type 1
Pupils: Type 1
Nose: Type 1
Mouth/Jaw: Type 1
Ears: Type 1

Skin Tone: 2 down, 4 right
Hair Color: 1 down, 2 right
Eye Color: 0 down, 0 right

Upper
-1st color: 10 down, 3 right
-2nd color: 4 down, 4 right
-3rd color: 0 down, 5 right
-4th color: 0 down, 6 right

Lower:
-1st color: 0 down, 0 right
-2nd color: 2 down, 5 right
-3rd color: 0 down, 5 right
-4th color: 1 down, 4 right

Hands:
-Doesn't wear gloves

Feet:
-1st color: 3 down, 4 right
-2nd color: 2 down, 0 right
-3rd color: 0 down, 6 right

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 05, 2015 6:00 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Looks like we had to wait after all. Oh well, finally got the costumes.
Man, that sucks. But hey, the costumes are real cool, regardless.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue May 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Outfits are nice... Just wish they didn't take such a big bite out of Ki blasts... I'll just be going with Vegeta's gloves I guess...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 05, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm enjoying the outfits (though I've been using Gogeta's shoes instead of Goku's), though all it does is remind me that I wish customization had been handled differently. Use one of the various stat systems from previous games and just let us do whatever we want with the clothes (and being able to alter colors on any outfits would still have been great).

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Loving the outfits. Hopefully next game we can customize the color regardless of what it is. The Vegeta armor would look smexy on my character if I could give it different colors.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Goku's FnF Gi is awesome, looking good. As my Saiyan character is medium bulky, the armors doesn't look good on him :(

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 pm

I need to go check stream to see if this is available there yet. >_>
I do love those F outfits of Gokû's and Vegeta's. :3

Oh! Also, made my wish. I chose wisely. Character recustomize it was.
Went with voice 7 (Megumi Han/Cure Lovely, Gon, etc).
Yesterday I was torn between her and picking what I'd hoped would be Kyoko from PMMM, but her VA, Ai Nonoka, didn't use her Kyoko voice for her Xenoverse character and the one she did use felt like it'd wouldn't lend that well to repetition the way Megumi Han's feels like it will. I could see myself muting moé-version-of-Kyoko's-voice way earlier than muting Cure Lovely's.
Everything else I did was tweaks. New hair style, kept the old color. New eyes, new iris color, my OC is taller now (Vegeta's height).
I'm very happy with it! :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Chuquita wrote:I need to go check stream to see if this is available there yet. >_>
I do love those F outfits of Gokû's and Vegeta's. :3

Oh! Also, made my wish. I chose wisely. Character recustomize it was.
Went with voice 7 (Megumi Han/Cure Lovely, Gon, etc).
Yesterday I was torn between her and picking what I'd hoped would be Kyoko from PMMM, but her VA, Ai Nonoka, didn't use her Kyoko voice for her Xenoverse character and the one she did use felt like it'd wouldn't lend that well to repetition the way Megumi Han's feels like it will. I could see myself muting moé-version-of-Kyoko's-voice way earlier than muting Cure Lovely's.
Everything else I did was tweaks. New hair style, kept the old color. New eyes, new iris color, my OC is taller now (Vegeta's height).
I'm very happy with it! :mrgreen:
Care to share some pics :D
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3