"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by EXBadguy » Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: I'd rather respect someone who wins via spamming than someone who spends more time whining about spammers. Git Gud.
goku the krump dancer wrote:Strats are strats.. and if you are a true competitor and are as good as you think you are, you'd have no problem trying to overcome them.. and thats for any fighting game not just this..
Oh, I also agree that if you don't overcome what the idiot spammer does, then you're part of the problem. And believe me, I have overcome with this and other games. However, I'm just saying that I don't respect spammers and netcode overseers, at all. That tells me that you know nothing else, learn mo' skills. It's like somebody claiming the already "mastered" SFIV by spamming the same Hadoken move.

But no worries, I always know how to teach these spamming mothafuckas a lesson.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 31, 2015 3:00 am

Just dropping by to say the BOG arc in XV was wonderful. Beerus is amazing, the back grounds are breathtaking (that cavern, and even more so SPACE!) ♡ ~('▽^人)
Also while I think Heroes still has the cuter character model for ssjg Gokû, I do love the adorable sounding "Huh?" you get half the time when you choose him. X3
*Is still playing subbed version.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 31, 2015 5:37 am

Chuquita wrote:Just dropping by to say the BOG arc in XV was wonderful. Beerus is amazing, the back grounds are breathtaking (that cavern, and even more so SPACE!) ♡ ~('▽^人)
Also while I think Heroes still has the cuter character model for ssjg Gokû, I do love the adorable sounding "Huh?" you get half the time when you choose him. X3
*Is still playing subbed version.
Wow, so you didn't finish the game yet? That's cool, I haven't touched the game for one month already.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 am

It's my lack of spare time. RL's been so busy I haven't been able to spend as much time on the game as I'd like to.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun May 31, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm not as active on it now but still play it a few times a week. I seem to get disconnected whenever I go online, so that zaps the fun out of it sadly.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sun May 31, 2015 6:05 pm

I will be playing it again as soon as I buy DLC Packs 2 and 3
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun May 31, 2015 11:40 pm

I've been out of the game for about a month now... due to animation finals and internship hunting. But I should have time this summer to play a bit more. I'd like to level up and finally be able to beat the Beerus and Whis mission.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:35 am

Hello there. I'm new here on Kanzenshuu but I like what I've seen so far. I was actually visiting this site very often since Xenoverse was announced but never felt the need to join in. But now I have a question you guys maybe could answer since I didn't find anything useful on the Internet.

I know there was a list in this thread with all the Costume parts and everything. But I'd like to know if there is a list (for Costumes AND Skills) where I can see which enemy on a Quest I have to beat to get it and (if possible) if it is a "You got"-Item or a reward at the end of the Quest. (for example: when you get a part of "Gokuus Turtle Gi (no charakter)" in "Let's train!" it is shown by "You got Equip!" (just like the Dragon Balls), IF you get a part of "Vegetto's Cloths" you can only see it after the quest "Saiyajin Revolt" is completed. Same with the Skills: when you get "Saturday Crush" it shows "You got Skill!" and "Super Vegeta" is a Skill you (never) get at the end of "Super Saiyajin Legend")

Since I only need to gather all Supers and Ultimates (besides adding a Charakter to the Favourite List ans sending a Gift) for the/my very first Platinum Trophy I'd like to "easily" farm all the "You got Skill!"-Skills first since I can just restart the Quest when the message doesn't show up. It would also make it easier to gather all the Costumes.

Would be great if somebody could help me.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Xaroc wrote:But I'd like to know if there is a list (for Costumes AND Skills) where I can see which enemy on a Quest I have to beat to get it and (if possible) if it is a "You got"-Item or a reward at the end of the Quest.
Sure is:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

However, it only has the first 38 and the 6 DLC quests. (But it'll definitely give you what you're looking for, at least for the next few weeks)

*Aaaand back to grinding for Freeza's Death Ball*
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

lol Poor Rukura. I've managed to conquer the RNG system and got all Super and Ultimates in the game before DLC Pack 3.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:08 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:lol Poor Rukura. I've managed to conquer the RNG system and got all Super and Ultimates in the game before DLC Pack 3.
My problem's that I recently decided to get every costume/accessory/attack from every mission, in order. Some things take quite a bit to get, as I'm sure you know.

Still pissed about having to grind for the DLC I paid for.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Rukura wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:lol Poor Rukura. I've managed to conquer the RNG system and got all Super and Ultimates in the game before DLC Pack 3.
My problem's that I recently decided to get every costume/accessory/attack from every mission, in order. Some things take quite a bit to get, as I'm sure you know.

Right now I'm trying to get Z Rank in all PQs. After that I'll go for the outfits and accessories.

Getting Z Rank in the main story is hard though, especially with a high level character.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:31 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Rukura wrote:

Right now I'm trying to get Z Rank in all PQs. After that I'll go for the outfits and accessories.

Getting Z Rank in the main story is hard though, especially with a high level character.
Wouldn't it be wiser to get everything while getting those Z-Ranks as getting Z-ranks in this game means nothing?
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Getting Z-Ranks in everything is more of a personal challenge than anything. Just something to help keep me into the game.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:21 am

What exactly are the possibilities or rather perequisites, to get a Z rank?
For example, I've got them in few PQ's and few Story battles, but even, when I have a full life bar and beat the Nappa fight as soon as possible, I get like A as maximum rank.
Same with many paraller quests. Is this RNG as well?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:43 am

^ Z ranks are not RNG, they only depend on the number of EXP points you gather, and therefore on how many good things in your "list of good things" cumulate on the right of the results screen.
Things like "executed a combo with more than X hits", "completed the mission in less than 3 minutes", "had more than 80% of remaining health by the end of the mission", "was the one to take down the most opponents", etc...

Winning a mission fast without being damaged too much is not always enough to get passed the "Z rank" threshold of a mission, you need to demonstrate specific skills too.

The more you get, the more EXP points and money you get, and the higher your rank gets.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:21 am

Speaking of Z-Ranks, I have one on every PQ (including DLC 1 and 2). From what I know, saiyans can get them quite easily, except for one or two quests. The method is basically getting a bunch of ultimate kills, transformed finish, racking up a 20 hit combo or 50 if you can, hitting them with supers 10 times or so, doing it alone, 80% health (pop a capsule right before the mission ends), and ultimate finishes. You should get a Z -Rank on most quests like this. The ones that I kind of had trouble with were the Broly Dragon Balls mission, Cell games 2 with Ultimate/Mystic Gohan, and the Super Buu Vegetto one. My method didn't work too well with those for some reason.

By the way, I used Super Vegeta and Super Vanishing Ball as my ultimates and used that Saturday Crush technique to spam supers.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:02 am

The F costume pack: https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner ... r-pc-steam how do you go about getting this?
Do you have to sign up at that website or can you get it directly through Steam itself?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:38 am

Season Pass holders on Steam should have gotten content automatically. Everyone else on Steam has to go through that website and obtain a free code.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:35 am

Okay, I'm curious. Does anybody sometimes have these strange bugs too? For example:

Saiyan Revolt:
After Ginyu is defeated, Freeza shows up but the Portal opens although he is pretty much alive. The Quest continues as usual.

Saiyan Warriors:
After Broly is defeated, re revives (when requirements for Ultimate Finish are complete) and dies instantly. Vegetto and Gotenks have to be fought as usual. The Quest is completed afterwards.

Those weren't real disadvantages since I had one enemy less and could still complete the quest. Unlike the other two.

Power Berserkers:
Arfter Gotenks, Buu and Buu are defeated, the Portal won't open, no matter what. Then the Quest can't be completed.

Majin Chaos:
One of the small Buus is "shifted" outside the barrier around the Industrial Area map and is out of reach. When you leave the area und return, that Buu is completly gone but still doesn't count as defeated. The Quest can't be completed then too.

I'm not sure if it was just online but also offline. But either way it's pretty annoying. So, am I he only one or did others have similar experiences? The same or different ones? Although I love this Game, those bugs are another minus.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019