"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lozjudai
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Lozjudai » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:23 am

So if anyone is interested the game is now 25 euros on steam thanks to the summer sale.

Demon of Light
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Demon of Light » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:14 pm

I just got Xenoverse thanks to the summer sale making it super affordable. Unfortunately, my computer is six years old and decided to lag terribly and then freeze and crash whenever I try to play it. I haven't even gotten past the Buu battle in the prologue, let alone as far as character creation... :cry: Is anyone playing on PC and can tell me what their rig is?

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Wow the online lag has gotten WAY worse since the new update.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:03 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:Welp I just grinded from 85 to 99 with my second character and it took me about 8-9 hours thanks to the 25% bonus exp and the fact he's a Striker by nature so the new Ape mission was a breeze. It's a shame Elder Kai wont boost you up 2 levels like he did with my last character.
What EXP bonus...huh?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:57 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Welp I just grinded from 85 to 99 with my second character and it took me about 8-9 hours thanks to the 25% bonus exp and the fact he's a Striker by nature so the new Ape mission was a breeze. It's a shame Elder Kai wont boost you up 2 levels like he did with my last character.
What EXP bonus...huh?
There is a special event on where you get a 25% bonus on exp points for beating quests. I think it ends on the 26th.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Demon of Light wrote:I just got Xenoverse thanks to the summer sale making it super affordable. Unfortunately, my computer is six years old and decided to lag terribly and then freeze and crash whenever I try to play it. I haven't even gotten past the Buu battle in the prologue, let alone as far as character creation... :cry: Is anyone playing on PC and can tell me what their rig is?
Look at the Xenoverse page on Steam and it shows you system recommended requirements. It honestly is one of the smoothest playing games on my PC. Too bad I barely play that one. I'm always on the PS4 one.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
What EXP bonus...huh?
There is a special event on where you get a 25% bonus on exp points for beating quests. I think it ends on the 26th.
I CAN CUT DOWN MY GRINDING NOW?! ARE YOU FOR REAL?!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Demon of Light
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Demon of Light » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:17 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Demon of Light wrote:I just got Xenoverse thanks to the summer sale making it super affordable. Unfortunately, my computer is six years old and decided to lag terribly and then freeze and crash whenever I try to play it. I haven't even gotten past the Buu battle in the prologue, let alone as far as character creation... :cry: Is anyone playing on PC and can tell me what their rig is?
Look at the Xenoverse page on Steam and it shows you system recommended requirements. It honestly is one of the smoothest playing games on my PC. Too bad I barely play that one. I'm always on the PS4 one.
My computer exceeds most of these requirements, but considering that it doesn't want to run any of my games anymore, I guess I'm going to have to invest in a new computer altogether. :( And I was really looking forward to creating my Freeza race character too.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:25 pm

How good is Xenoverse with a keyboard and mouse? The PC games I play usually don't need a controller so that is why I am asking. :roll:
Last edited by TheKingOfKamehamehas on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Zeshen

Post by Zeshen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:58 am

Just a simple question, do we have a specific topic for each versions, or is it easier to ask to add people on this thread?
3DS Name: Zesh
IGN: (X Zesh) (Y Ysabella) (AS Zesh)
TSV: 0052 X | 2313 Y | 1598 X | 1943 AS
3DS FC: 4184-3072-1366
PSN - ZeshenV (PS3)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:59 am

Zeshen wrote:Just a simple question, do we have a specific topic for each versions, or is it easier to ask to add people on this thread?
Just ask questions in this thread.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Zeshen

Post by Zeshen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:16 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Just ask questions in this thread.
Alright then, Anyone want to add me? I have the PS3 version of the game.
3DS Name: Zesh
IGN: (X Zesh) (Y Ysabella) (AS Zesh)
TSV: 0052 X | 2313 Y | 1598 X | 1943 AS
3DS FC: 4184-3072-1366
PSN - ZeshenV (PS3)

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:41 am

Hey do we have any news on the tenkaichi budokai yet, I have been completely lost since the update.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:53 am

TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:How good is Xenoverse with a keyboard and mouse? The PC games I play usually don't need a controller so that is why I am asking. :roll:
It took me a couple days to get proficient at it, it's probably smoother with a controller, but I've played with keyboard and mouse from day 1 and I got used to it pretty quickly.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Captain Space wrote:
TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:How good is Xenoverse with a keyboard and mouse? The PC games I play usually don't need a controller so that is why I am asking. :roll:
It took me a couple days to get proficient at it, it's probably smoother with a controller, but I've played with keyboard and mouse from day 1 and I got used to it pretty quickly.
Thanks for the advice! I just started playing it and at first, the keyboard was pretty bad and then I improved. X for descending is the key I hate the most though. I wish throw was one key instead of two keys also.
Xbox One controller is too expensive for me lol :lol:
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:23 am

You don't necessarily have to get an expensive XBox One controller for PC games. There's lots of other cheaper options. There's the 360 controller, for example, which you can find for about $30 or less in some places. There's some good options from Logitech too, like the F310 here.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am

It's also quite easy to get PlayStation 2/3 controllers working on PC. So, if you have any of those laying around...
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:39 am

Hi guys, just ordered some PSN cards to add funds to my wallet. i want to buy the season pass, could someone please tell me how i should purchase the dlc so i dont have to pay double (first time buying a season pass) Thanks!
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 am

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Hi guys, just ordered some PSN cards to add funds to my wallet. i want to buy the season pass, could someone please tell me how i should purchase the dlc so i dont have to pay double (first time buying a season pass) Thanks!
Here's the PS3 version and here's the PS4 version.

Once you purchase your respective console's season pass, when you go back to the PlayStation Store, the three DLC packs will then be listed as "Purchased" - you can click onto them and download them to your console right then and there.

There's also the movie costume pack (PS3 / PS4), which is free regardless of whether or not you have the season pass or any other DLC.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Hi guys, just ordered some PSN cards to add funds to my wallet. i want to buy the season pass, could someone please tell me how i should purchase the dlc so i dont have to pay double (first time buying a season pass) Thanks!
Once you buy the season pass, all the dlc should say purchaced. All you have to do then is download them.

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3