"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Sadly, game logic doesn't equal everything else. Broli was smart enough, in the game universe (not the promotional CMs and stuff), to retain his reason in his Ozaru state and change into a Super Saiyan 4. Pretty sure if they really want Broli to have these forms, they'll just ignore everything else and give it to him. :/
Well, it's not like Broli controlling his Oozaru form is contradicted by anything. Broli may be insane, but he is under control of his actions. And he also grew more & more insane over the years, he wasn't always like that. Paragus may had taught him how to regain his reason when he was young. We know that he trained him after all, since they use the same technique (those green ki blasts).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 am

I have asked what Event Quests are, but never got a straight answer, Pg 746

So, again, what were they? How were they played? Special rules? Online only?
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:21 am

I have no idea, haven't been able to play the game since its first couple of weeks, and won't until September.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:20 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:I have asked what Event Quests are, but never got a straight answer, Pg 746

So, again, what were they? How were they played? Special rules? Online only?
They had special conditions that you needed to do in order to complete the mission. One for example required you to finish your opponents off with ki attacks.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 pm

I forgot to mention; I finally found Gokû on the world map last night. Image
Unfortunately I was so busy being shocked/celebrating I didn't pay attention to what he wanted my CaC to do with the afterimage technique. Image

So now I'm off to googling what that thing would be.

Also Vegeta is great at making you feel guilty/bad about dumping him. It was done ultra-tsundere style. Image
I couldn't help it; I'd completed his route; there was literally nothing left to do.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:08 am

Chuquita wrote:
Also Vegeta is great at making you feel guilty/bad about dumping him. It was done ultra-tsundere style. Image
I couldn't help it; I'd completed his route; there was literally nothing left to do.
Aw man, and if he learned you were leaving him for Kakarot...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:19 am

Captain Space wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Aw man, and if he learned you were leaving him for Kakarot...
The translation from tsundere-speak made it sound like Vegeta was legit sad, I felt genuinely bad about it when I'd been previously thrilled about finally finding Gokû. None of the other characters my CaC had dumped made me feel sad about doing it like Vegeta did.

To Vegeta's credit, he's way more focused than Gokû in the job. Gokû's constantly looking around and while friendlier is a little spacey so far.

Also of note, you lose the little ghost Vegeta behind you during the Big Bang Attack once you drop him.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:53 pm

While everyone is talking about what-ifs here, this came under the radar.

EDIT: I accidently put in 5th symphony instead of what I was going to actually put.
Last edited by EXBadguy on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:57 pm

EXBadguy wrote:While everyone is talking about what-ifs here, this came under the radar.
Beethoven's 5th symphony is appreciated, but I have to wonder about its relevancy here.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Captain Space wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:While everyone is talking about what-ifs here, this came under the radar.
Beethoven's 5th symphony is appreciated, but I have to wonder about its relevancy here.
OH SHIT! Well I gotta edit the post, cuz this isn't the one.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:03 pm

And, apparently, this is happening. Also, from reports, it's affecting PS4 only. https://twitter.com/RyGuy176/status/626 ... 64/photo/1

EDIT: Looks like SpaceKappa is able to get on no problem. Hmm. Wonder what's going on. https://twitter.com/SpaceKappa/status/6 ... 9767725056

EDIT 2: Completely disregard the the previous stuff :D https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 0034058240
Last edited by Haseowolf on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

You can send your thoughts about the game via this survey: http://svy.mk/1ghycE2 (from the DBZ games Facebook page)

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:16 pm

EXBadguy wrote: EDIT: I accidently put in 5th symphony instead of what I was going to actually put.
Can I please sig this? XD

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Looks like NB's now working on Xenoverse 2 now that they're done supporting online for this game. I could be wrong though.
Captain Space wrote:
EXBadguy wrote: EDIT: I accidently put in 5th symphony instead of what I was going to actually put.
Can I please sig this? XD
Go 'head.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:41 pm

max. 1 month and a new dragonball game will be introduced.

90% its xenoverse 2.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Tsufuru wrote:max. 1 month and a new dragonball game will be introduced.

90% its xenoverse 2.
It's way too soon for Xenoverse 2.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

90% its xenoverse 2.
It's way too soon for Xenoverse 2.
Truth. They haven't even started that long promised Tournament mode yet.

Sidenote: Pretty sure I'm over this game. Lost all motivation to play it. :?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:15 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Sidenote: Pretty sure I'm over this game. Lost all motivation to play it. :?
Same here. I love Xenoverse but I won't lie and will fully admit that I got burnt out on the game about a month ago and moved on to better things; The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and Bloodbourne.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:25 pm

90% its xenoverse 2.
Nah bro, it's obviously a console port of Zenkai Battle Royale...PLEASE NAMCO!
DarkPrince_92 wrote: Sidenote: Pretty sure I'm over this game. Lost all motivation to play it. :?
Yup, there's even no reason to go back to it after I Platinum'd it because every mode besides Story and Paralel Quest (which there's no reason to play Story after a first playtrough) either doesn't work or plain sucks. Online PvP has its hit-detection problems, offilne versus is dumb because the CPUs have unlimited Ki and Stamina but they're also braindead with no real A.I behind them, local versus might as well not exist due to how its done and the "OMG TOURNAMENT MODE DON'T MISS IT GUYS YOU'LL LOVE IT, JUST DON'T USE MR. SATAN" never opened and there's not even an option for offline tournaments like past DBZ games.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:03 pm

I'd love to see a Xenoverse 2. quicker the better. With the most recent update in XV it kinda killed it for me. billions of points to level up...yeah I'm not doing that. The grinding in this game is very boring imo. A sequel would work out all the kinks in this game. plus they need to add some original dragon ball and movie characters. with Super airing i could see them DLCing the heck out of that.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama