"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Captain Space » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Captain Space wrote:It says "membership by invite only"; is there anyone who can invite me?
That's not an officially-run/sanctioned group, for what it's worth.
Thanks; I'd still assume (or hope) that most or all of its members have frequented this thread.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:32 am

Yeah...saw this last night. I'm not sure how much competition it's going to really be giving though, seeing how it's a Spike game. The trailer isn't even 24 hours old and I've already seen a flood of comments saying it lacks depth and the character models don't look good enough.

I personally have zero opinion on such matters; even though I enjoy One Piece, I've only read the manga for the time being. Never seen the movies, bought games, or anything else. The only thing that potentially matters to me out of this is that it's an ever so slight push in the favor of Dimps sticking around for the next DB game (even if it isn't a Xenoverse entry), since Spike should be busy with a handful of games for the foreseeable future.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Captain Space wrote:It says "membership by invite only"; is there anyone who can invite me?
That's not an officially-run/sanctioned group, for what it's worth.
Ah, I had thought it was this (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/daizex), but that's been dead. Whoops! I guess we will need other means.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:44 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Yeah...saw this last night. I'm not sure how much competition it's going to really be giving though, seeing how it's a Spike game. The trailer isn't even 24 hours old and I've already seen a flood of comments saying it lacks depth and the character models don't look good enough.

I personally have zero opinion on such matters; even though I enjoy One Piece, I've only read the manga for the time being. Never seen the movies, bought games, or anything else. The only thing that potentially matters to me out of this is that it's an ever so slight push in the favor of Dimps sticking around for the next DB game (even if it isn't a Xenoverse entry), since Spike should be busy with a handful of games for the foreseeable future.
Yep...I guess One Piece would be Spike's new milking product now, since they're done with DBZ. I'd imagine it rivaling a Xenoverse 2(if there is one), cuz One Piece is more popular in Japan obviously. I'd say it at least looks better than those shitty Musou games.

Get ready for a Dimps vs Spike, round 4!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Yep...I guess One Piece would be Spike's new milking product now, since they're done with DBZ. I'd imagine it rivaling a Xenoverse 2(if there is one), cuz One Piece is more popular in Japan obviously. I'd say it at least looks better than those shitty Musou games.

Get ready for a Dimps vs Spike, round 4!
This new One Piece game will not compete with Xenoverse the same way the Naruto games didn't "compete" with the DBZ games back in the PS2 and PS360 era. These fanbases sustain themselves enough that most of the people that will buy the One Piece game wouldn't have bought a Xenoverse 2 or any other DBZ game anyway, heck, if anything they would probably buy both.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Quebaz wrote: This new One Piece game will not compete with Xenoverse the same way the Naruto games didn't "compete" with the DBZ games back in the PS2 and PS360 era.
Storm 2 competed with Raging Blast 2, with Storm 2 outselling the other is a result. Other than that, no other competition was known.
Quebaz wrote: These fanbases sustain themselves enough that most of the people that will buy the One Piece game wouldn't have bought a Xenoverse 2 or any other DBZ game anyway, heck, if anything they would probably buy both.
Yeah, maybe in other countries, but in Japan, I know the One Piece game WILL outsell a Xenoverse 2, regardless if it's gonna be good or bad in the end. Have you seen the first week sales for the first Pirate Warriors game? I'd imagine Burning Blood to be around that number or a bit more.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 am

This new One Piece game won't come close to Xenoverse IMO. Sure, it will likely outsell Xenoverae in Japan, but in the rest of the world it will get dominated. Xenoverse 2 will probably sell better than Xenoverse if it makes noticeable improvements. From what I remember Xenoverse didn't do brilliant in Japan, I think I remember it selling a bit more than 100,000 units, but in the rest of the world it pushed like 2 million units or so.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:19 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:This new One Piece game won't come close to Xenoverse IMO. Sure, it will likely outsell Xenoverae in Japan, but in the rest of the world it will get dominated. Xenoverse 2 will probably sell better than Xenoverse if it makes noticeable improvements. From what I remember Xenoverse didn't do brilliant in Japan, I think I remember it selling a bit more than 100,000 units, but in the rest of the world it pushed like 2 million units or so.
"Back off Japan! DB don't belong to you no mo'!" Seriously, I can picture non-japanese fans saying that, cuz in addition to the Xenoverse sales, you also have sales of other games(i.e. BT3) and the overseas' reception of Kai.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:26 pm

I don't know... a One Piece fighter is all I've ever asked for. I'm sure the sales are gonna be... INSAIYAN. Even if it's developed by Spike Chunsoft.

Xenoverse 2 better improve... in EVERY aspect to keep up.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I wasn't sure whether to put it as a separate thread but does anyone know of a special event triggering when you beat the Kid Gohan Frieza Mission by where all the shops are? I finally beat it and was so psyched when all of a sudden the music changed and this other player appeared. I thought I was going to fail the mission and lose the items I used to even beat him in the first place so once i got hit once I x'ed out of the game. It seemed like a weird name to give an npc but as you can see i could pause it without an issue
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=55FC7E98
Restarted and beat freeza but he didnt appear again. Got what i assume is the normal next cutscene
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=55FC4BFC

Does anyone have any idea what that is?

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:49 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I don't know... a One Piece fighter is all I've ever asked for. I'm sure the sales are gonna be... INSAIYAN. Even if it's developed by Spike Chunsoft.

Considering it's Spike, I doubt Dimps will have much trouble keeping up.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 am

Beji wrote:Does anyone have any idea what that is?
Well, this confirms you've never encountered another Time Patroller on any of your PQs before, which means you've never gotten a Dragon Ball? =P

Some of the missions have requirements that allow/force you to face other Time Patrollers if you meet the hidden conditions (a few later ones have them as standard opponents though I think). The game takes avatars that other players have created on the respective server and uses them so long as you are online, otherwise it uses stock one from the game's files.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:46 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Well, this confirms you've never encountered another Time Patroller on any of your PQs before, which means you've never gotten a Dragon Ball? =P
This is correct :lol: I just recently got the game and was focusing on the story mode more than the PQs
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Some of the missions have requirements that allow/force you to face other Time Patrollers if you meet the hidden conditions (a few later ones have them as standard opponents though I think). The game takes avatars that other players have created on the respective server and uses them so long as you are online, otherwise it uses stock one from the game's files.
Very neat! Would I have received new/different items if I did beat the other patroller? Would the mission have failed? Or is it just bonus zeni and/or exp?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:04 pm

That specific mission has defeating the Time Patroller as one of the extra conditions. Failing to defeat 'em wouldn't cause you to fail the mission, but defeating him would have almost certainly have netted you a higher rank (meaning more exp and zeni). You also would have likely gotten Mr. Satan badges (the rarer ones can be sold for high profit), and potentially a Dragon Ball...which can be used to wish for various things, like in most DB games.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:36 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I don't know... a One Piece fighter is all I've ever asked for. I'm sure the sales are gonna be... INSAIYAN. Even if it's developed by Spike Chunsoft.

There have been plenty of One Piece fighting games.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:

There have been plenty of One Piece fighting games.
That's true, but One Piece is the only one of the big three to skip an entire generation of console fighting games.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:48 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:There have been plenty of One Piece fighting games.
Hopefully this'll turn into a franchise instead of being a one time thing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:31 pm

So I've been trying to get the ultimate finishes and I'm currently trying to get the ultimate finish for PQ 31 Majin Chaos. Problem is is when I defeated the 30 buu's, I have to go to the world tournament, but when I go through the portal, the game just keeps loading and loading. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently I solved the issue by turning off the freaking internet. Ridiculous as hell but I got my ultimate finish.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Darkblade1995 wrote:So I've been trying to get the ultimate finishes and I'm currently trying to get the ultimate finish for PQ 31 Majin Chaos. Problem is is when I defeated the 30 buu's, I have to go to the world tournament, but when I go through the portal, the game just keeps loading and loading. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently I solved the issue by turning off the freaking internet. Ridiculous as hell but I got my ultimate finish.
On PS4 never, only one time the internet went to hell and few times, people with bad connections broke up online PQ.
My speed is constantly 160 mbps, so I am safe.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:44 am

You know I'm thankful Earthlings didn't get SSJ in XV. I used a Save Editor to give my Earthling Super Vegeta and smacked on "SSJ Bargain Sale." I was regaining ki when transformed and always had max ki. O.o

And no I haven't used this exploit online. I don't cheat when it comes to competitive play.