"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: The First PlayStation 4 Game Cometh

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 16, 2014 6:28 am

I was thinking "oh, is it the time to get PS4 already?" until I've read that it's being released for PS360 as well.

Is it a first time that DBZ has a single game that releases on two generation of consoles? PS2's BT3 was for Wii too, but they were about equal specs wise so not much of a difference.

Also, does anyone have the full scan? I see there is something related to DB Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 for the 3DS on the bottom, cut out part.

chaospunishment
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaospunishment » Fri May 16, 2014 6:36 am

That's... exactly what I'm trying to say.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 am

Nightstar1994 wrote:Also, does anyone have the full scan? I see there is something related to DB Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 for the 3DS on the bottom, cut out part.
That is the full scan. It's a two page spread. The bottom part is just telling you that there is more DBHUM2 information, somewhere in the rest of the magazine, once you turn the page. Knowing V-Jump though, it's probably on the next literal page.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:58 am

Usually, after the first scan of a DBZ game appears, how long until the trailer usually comes out?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 16, 2014 7:18 am

Time for wild guesses, I guess.

The idea I had for years might become true: adding a custom character into the main storyline, that will modify it somehow (but probably not as much as I'd want to, it'll probably be like Another Road: despite all changes, it keeps getting back to what happened in the original). Apparently, that character could come from a distant future, or another of the 12 universes altogether (time-machine/interdimensional engines, sort of "Room of Time", etc...)

It's too bad if the story stays pretty much the same despite an extra character being involved, cause changing one thing could change a lot of things in logical "not farfetched but still quite different" ways, just add your extra character to the battle against Raditz, and Goku doesn't die, and Goku has the idea of bringing them to the Room of Spirit and Time way before the Cell era - therefore achieving unprecedented power -, which changes the way the battle against the Saiyans unfolds, and so on...

A few cutscenes seem to be on their way (bottom left shot), but not the kind I want: I want Budokai cutscenes that didn't just used stages and playable characters, but showed Kame House, spaceships, everyday things happening, etc... It's too easy to just have a few exclusive animations for playable character models on playable stages and make it a cutscene, we need to see people casually talking at Capsule Corp, at the Sanctuary, Kaio's planet, the Snake Way, etc... just like in the first Budokai.

The lighting effects seen on Goku's Kame Hame Ha and Goku VS Freezer seem promising.
It will probably be a new Tenkaichi game with everything they've learned from the recent Jump VS game.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 16, 2014 7:49 am

Namek-like village... Futuristic cities with time-machine... Original character going to past battles... Am I the only one who sees something familiar...? :think:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri May 16, 2014 7:52 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Namek-like village... Futuristic cities with time-machine... Original character going to past battles... Am I the only one who sees something familiar...? :think:
Db online? Console version?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri May 16, 2014 9:09 am

I'm not really interested but I didn't expect to see a PS4 game so soon.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Namek-like village... Futuristic cities with time-machine... Original character going to past battles... Am I the only one who sees something familiar...? :think:
I was thinking the same thing but nothing in the screenshot looks familiar.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri May 16, 2014 9:36 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
Db online? Console version?
No way - especially not by the look of the screenshots at least.

The concept of original characters somehow becoming involved in past-Dragonball events is sort of Dragonball Heroes territory, too - albeit in that case through the means of a card game, not a time-machine.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Fri May 16, 2014 9:36 am

could it be 4 player, like zenkai battle royale?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:41 am

Kendamu wrote:I refuse to get excited about this title. I've simply skipped over so many as far back as the PS2 generation that I can't trust that this'll really interest me by the time it comes out. I haven't skipped EVERY game, but enough that I should know better by now. :lol:
I agree! :lol: My friend actually offered to give me Battle of Z and I turned him down. :P I absolutely hated Ultimate Tenkaichi. HONESTLY! I did enjoy Raging Blast 2 but if I remember correctly it really didn't have a story mode? it was weird...I can't remember much about it. that's how much of an impact it had on me LOL but I remember liking the controls. but yeah I'm with you buddy. not going to let this get me excited until I see something worth something. I absolutely hated Battle of Z's controls and if this one is the same they can keep it.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:41 am

It's not BT4 unfortunately, but I hope it's atleast that style.
Still waiting on a game with BT3 gameplay and the ever-growing Heroes roster.
....I can dream :(

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri May 16, 2014 9:48 am

I remember seriously looking at a calender, this week, and thinking "Huh, almost half-way through May and no new Dragon Ball game shown." Guess I spoke too soon :P

The graphics look nice. If this turns out to be Artdink's improved models, with proper proportions, not as bulky and better faces, color me impressed. Definitely doesn't looked like Spike's but I could also see it being Dimps' (Though, let's no fool ourselves, we're not getting Dimps)
I don't know what else that extra character can be, if not a created character.

As far as the "High-tech city" with "THAT machine", I can see it being some kind of hub world with a time machine to travel through each saga's timeline. (Maybe with the created character, in a separate story mode where you have some influence on the original story and can change them somehow, I don't know)

Shinnin wrote:Looks like Goku can fire a Kamehameha mid-air like in J-Stars.
He can also punch Freeza while in Super Saiyan. Another similarity with EVERY Dragon Ball game released on a Playstation console.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:51 am

Blade wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:At this point if it's not from Dimps then I don't think I'll be interested. The whole over the shoulder style DBZ game has been done to death by now. Inevitably they'll announce some new gimmick to get people to buy it. And is anyone else sick of the constant emphasis on the Goku vs Vegeta fight?
I'm sick of the constant regurgitation of the events from the Anime, Manga or Movies in general. It's all been done before multiple times, it's boring now - who wants to buy a new Dragonball game every year to play through the exact same story each time? We get recycled anime with Kai and endless home video releases of the same stuff, we get recycled manga with SD and the full colour comics - and we get a video game franchise that hasn't once delivered a completely original plot. This franchise is like a twisted Ouroboros that survives by shiting down its own throat - it's a God-damned miracle it's survived so long.

I mean - I've lost count of how many times I've beat the Cell games now, how many times I've toppled Freeza, how many times I've thrown a Genki-Dama at Buu. Why should we spend our lives treading the same water over and over again? Dragonball games so often get panned for their gameplay mechanics, which is a friggin' crime given that they're free to invest more in developing that side of things by way of not hiring guys to write a story or make fresh character designs - they're working to the exact same blue-print year in, year out.

Why, for once, can't we have an original plot with original villains? The One Piece Franchise has video games with non-recycled plots, so why can't Dragonball follow suit?
I agree with sooooooooooooooo much of this! :thumbup: I'm actually getting to the point, no scratch that. I am to the point where I hate buying the Z series now. I've bought it and re-bought it over and over that I'm just tired of it. (I know nobody forces me to buy them.) Actually just the other day I decided to take a break from buying the new Season Sets until the price lowers for the newer stuff. part 4 on-wards. it feels great? I can actually....buy other things? :o lol
''This franchise is like a twisted Ouroboros that survives by shiting down its own throat '' sums it up beautifully. :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 16, 2014 10:05 am

Can't some people here read and speak japanese ? if yes will they translate this ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri May 16, 2014 10:10 am

Since it will come to the Xbox 360, the only thing left that I need to know is what type of gameplay will it have.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 am

sintzu wrote:Can't some people here read and speak japanese ? if yes will they translate this ?
Why on Earth wouldn't you just assume that since this is a major announcement we would cover it extensively here on the website...?

Not up yet, but it's coming! I mean, this is a leak and all, so it's not like we have the magazine sitting in our hands just yet. It's officially due out on the 21st.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 am

VegettoEX wrote:
sintzu wrote:Can't some people here read and speak japanese ? if yes will they translate this ?
Why on Earth wouldn't you just assume that since this is a major announcement we would cover it extensively here on the website...?
Well you see...because...ok good point :oops:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 am

Also does this mean that no more DBZ games for Vita?
3DS getting UM2 and PS(4)360 gets this.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 16, 2014 11:11 am

Nightstar1994 wrote:Also does this mean that no more DBZ games for Vita?
3DS getting UM2 and PS(4)360 gets this.
The company that made it wown't make any games for it so why should they ? plus the system doesn't sell