"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Okay, I'm about to skip Super Saiyajin and turn Super Saiyajin 2. Parallel Quest 39 The Cell Games Continued. How annoying, so much rage, but - I - WANT - THE - 100% - !!!
Sorry, I'm really on edge right now. I have all trophys (including platin), I have all skills, I have all Z-Souls, I have all recipes. All I need now are: Beerus' pants and shoes, Kaioshins shoes and Super 17s shirt and pants.
Getting Beerus' stuff is kinda easy (at least you can restart the quest if you don't get "You got equip") and Super 17 is optional and doesn't count for 100% because DLC. But getting Kaioshin stuff is such a pain.
Either Gohan doesn't unleash his potential or Cell just let's himself get killed or Gohan spams Super Kamehame-Ha more often than half of the Saiyajin-playing online-community together or you simply don't get any rewards OR you get shirts and pants nonstop... but not the shoes.
The best part: Elder Kaioshin very often sees the golden fruit. But every time it is golden Gohan one-shots Cell. Is it just good or normal I somehow win but don't get anything or the wrong stuff. I'm getting desperate and actually quite sad. I want the 100% before Xenoverse 2 but at this rate I'm still trying when Xenoverse 3 is released.

EDIT.: Never mind. Turns out you just have to yell loud enough, change your skills and spam Super Vanishing Ball.
Now it's time to go after Beerus and Super 17.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Xaroc wrote:Turns out you just have to yell loud enough, change your skills and spam Super Vanishing Ball.
You must teach me your ways. :shock:

Seriously though, I know how you felt. You spend all that time going through #39, only for Cell to get one-shotted by a Gohan with super armor and 10% health left. And, you know, Eternal Rivals.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Turns out you just have to yell loud enough, change your skills and spam Super Vanishing Ball.
You must teach me your ways. :shock:

Seriously though, I know how you felt. You spend all that time going through #39, only for Cell to get one-shotted by a Gohan with super armor and 10% health left. And, you know, Eternal Rivals.
Not 10% but a single simple punch was often missing to win the hole thing. Eternal Rivals was a cakewalk compared to this (I only had to complete that three times to get everything (not counting losses) and the only one getting one-shot there is yourself instead of a stupid Must-be-in-this-Quest AI that rolls over once someone farts at it).

Well anyway, I put on full Vegetto Gear, had 100 Ki Super, Super Vegeta 2 and Z-Soul "Hmmm Hmm Hmhm Hmmm etc." from Elder Kaioshin (it's actually pretty good on long quests, just not in regular 3-minute-battles). Start battle, charge Ki to max, go Super Vegeta 2 and spam Super Vanishing Ball. It does fairly good damage, tracks the enemy a little and is quick to use and repeat. Once Gohan unleashes his potential, use Taunt to keep him from targeting Cell (although if your unlucky, Gohan keeps spamming Super Kamehame-Ha and hits everyone including our One-Shot-Wonder Not-quite-Perfect Cell-chan) and keep on spamming, until he ends up as the disappointment he is nowadays in Dragon Ball Super.

I got lucky because literally the next try after my rage post here I got Kaioshins shoes. Beerus' shoes btw. as well, now I need only his pants. I hope Beerus-sama doesn't destroy me, for taking them. But if he takes his long naps in pyjamas anyway it should be okay.
After this is done the missing Super 17 pieces are next.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:34 pm

I can spam Super Vanishing Ball, but I don't have 100 of any stat, and Old Kai's training is stuck at the "Come back when you're Level 93" bit, so no more golden fruit.
MyAnimeList | AniList

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I can spam Super Vanishing Ball, but I don't have 100 of any stat, and Old Kai's training is stuck at the "Come back when you're Level 93" bit, so no more golden fruit.
Hate to tell you this but the golden fruit stuff stops after you hit 93 and do the ritual too. Afterwards he just turns into the generic teacher where you can reply his first two missions (and not get any Z souls from them).
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 am

No offense but... where does that come from? I have a 99 CaC, a 93 CaC and two 85 CaC and all skills including Unlocked Potential and of course can Elder Kaioshin tell you if you are lucky or not.
The only annoying thing is that sometimes you do his sparring quest and immediatly after that he wants you to do the sparring quest again. Getting a little old, our great master.

@Anime Kitten: Oh, sorry. I guess in that case it needs training. Training like crazy. Training until the cow's coming home.
The CaC I use currently is my level 93, so I put 100 in Ki Supers and Basic Attack. Maybe you can use the Dragonballs to edit your Sayajins stats and turn them back afterwards? Just an idea.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Xaroc wrote:Oh, sorry. I guess in that case it needs training. Training like crazy. Training until the cow's coming home.
The CaC I use currently is my level 93, so I put 100 in Ki Supers and Basic Attack. Maybe you can use the Dragonballs to edit your Sayajins stats and turn them back afterwards? Just an idea.
Yeah, I usually grind PQ53 since it gets you a lot of money and experience. Still at like, Level 90, I think. I was hoping to use the Dragon Balls to level up to 93, but of course you can only use that wish once. If I had known, I would've saved it until 98. But hey, what can you do? I just really want Supreme Kai's Clothes and Beerus' Clothes, so I'll just have to keep grinding... and grinding... and...
[spoiler]grinding.[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:49 am

Anyone still playing this? I just picked this up on PS4, got it on PS3 at launch, and I'm looking for some help cleaning up the last two online trophies that I need. PSN ID is Gibbeynator, if you could spare a few minutes that'd be great. I tried tracking down the old gamertag threads but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:Anyone still playing this? I just picked this up on PS4, got it on PS3 at launch, and I'm looking for some help cleaning up the last two online trophies that I need. PSN ID is Gibbeynator, if you could spare a few minutes that'd be great. I tried tracking down the old gamertag threads but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.
Hey, Lance, I am working on some costumes and attacks I want before XV2. My PSN ID is Dynamixx88, hit me up.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:19 am

Yatta! Finally! Finally I managed to steal Beerus-samas pants to gather every single equipment in Xenoverse! (I actually got Super 17s stuff even before all the Beerus-sama equip) Feels so good to see "100%" in every slot of the "Completion Status".
Now I can gladly die...
... what the hell am I saying?! I have to live on so I can play Xenoverse 2!

Now I have to decide what kind of patroller I want to carry over into the next game... My very first one? Or a new one created especially for XV2?
I think I'm going with a new one, since my first character is supposed to be "me" and I want to play "myself" in the next game as well.

So... Freeza-Race or Saiyajin? Will he be a true hero (like Gokuu) or more kind of an antihero (Bejita)? Close and personal fighting style or Ki expert? So much to think of. And of course I want him to be level 99 as well, even if the level isn't carried over. He must be at his peak.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm

So, I've been playing the game again off and on partially out of excitement over Xenoverse 2, and partially to again chip away at some of the missing outfit pieces I need to get, and now I'm jumping on and there's a new update of about 395 MB worth. Is...that normal this late into a game's lifespan? What in the world could be being updated on it now when we're so close to the sequel's release?

Edit: Okay, now I've got a main menu function that didn't used to be there. Right underneath 'Game Start' and 'Options', there's now an 'Upload Save Data' option.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

divad86

Post by divad86 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:42 am

I've been playing Xenoverse for the first time before playing Xenoverse 2. I guess I want to say that I beat the first one before playing the sequel. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else went through all of the parallel quests during play through and got all of the skills? That's basically what I've bee doing so far and it's getting pretty exhausting with this random drop system the pqs have. I'm at level 50 and I just finished the Cell Games story mode? I feel my character is pretty strong at this point but getting all of these skills is getting tiresome. Also, getting all of the master's so far has been the same with the parallel quests:exhausting. I guess what I'm ultimately saying: How did some of you play through the game?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:13 am

divad86 wrote:I guess what I'm ultimately saying: How did some of you play through the game?
I just didn't do that stuff.

Due to the RNG-upon-RNG of loot drops and randomness of masters and such, I never felt the need to be completionist about it, particularly after going through the story with one race and seeing the grind all over again for a second race. I experienced the story in the game, and that was that; there being stuff to do in and of itself wasn't enough to drive me forward to collect it all.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

divad86 wrote:I've been playing Xenoverse for the first time before playing Xenoverse 2. I guess I want to say that I beat the first one before playing the sequel. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else went through all of the parallel quests during play through and got all of the skills? That's basically what I've bee doing so far and it's getting pretty exhausting with this random drop system the pqs have. I'm at level 50 and I just finished the Cell Games story mode? I feel my character is pretty strong at this point but getting all of these skills is getting tiresome. Also, getting all of the master's so far has been the same with the parallel quests:exhausting. I guess what I'm ultimately saying: How did some of you play through the game?
Good luck! I've played the game with on and off relationship, as I enjoyed the online PQ's, for almost 2 years since it's release and I have like 70 % of attacks and clothes... Maybe less, as I have like 50 % of all that stuff in PQ's.
Took me one week to get the complete Kaioshin costume (as it is my favorite since seeing the show in TV as a kid). After that I gave up. The game outside of leveling, playing with friends and story mode was mostly waste of time.

You will probably finish the game on 100 % around the time they will release another sequel.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

divad86

Post by divad86 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
divad86 wrote:I guess what I'm ultimately saying: How did some of you play through the game?
I just didn't do that stuff.

Due to the RNG-upon-RNG of loot drops and randomness of masters and such, I never felt the need to be completionist about it, particularly after going through the story with one race and seeing the grind all over again for a second race. I experienced the story in the game, and that was that; there being stuff to do in and of itself wasn't enough to drive me forward to collect it all.
What race did you use on your first play through? I've been playing as a Saiyan.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:06 am

Does anybody know what causes the Scissors Paper Rock skill to drop in the DLC PQ Ultimate Power, Ultimate Saiyan?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:30 am

Whoops; I guess it is time for me to go to sleep; I thought this one was the XV2 thread. ^^;
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Does the Day 1 edition for this game have a paper cover slip under the actual game case like XV2 has? Because I'm thinking of buying an XV1 Day 1 edition and I want to know if it's new or not.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:51 am

I finally Z-Ranked "Eternal Rivals" and got all the skills. I'm going to try to get all the achievements soon and then, on to XV2!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Anybody have any tips for the Ginyu mission? Son Gohan and Kuririn keep dying!! :evil: :twisted:

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34