"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanos wrote:What is it about Vegeta's face that Dimps and Spike keep getting wrong? He just looks awkward there.

And of course:
That's what happens when you try to unify different art styles into one IMO, different devs try to go for different styles, RB1's case was clrealy aiming for the Cell-arc face while maintaining those Buu-arc muscles
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Tons of screenshots from Bandai Namco's Europe FaceBook page:
Er, hope these aren't the graphics of the PS4/PC version (they look good not great).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:15 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Tons of screenshots from Bandai Namco's Europe FaceBook page:
Er, hope these aren't the graphics of the PS4/PC version (they look good not great).

Blame it on the last gen hardware.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 pm

donkeyjack wrote:

Blame it on the last gen hardware.
That's what he's been doing. I'd say don't worry too much about it, even if the difference in graphics is just resolution, the footage shown in the trailers/recent demos have looked great and if this is the last PS360 DBZ game, then it is a good looking parting gift.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I love when the games add additional things to cutscenes like the pudding cups. Unlike most Dragon Ball Z cutscenes where it's normally just the models standing stiffly talking to one another (Tenkaichi and Raging Blast series I am mostly referring to)

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:11 pm

nato25 wrote:I love when the games add additional things to cutscenes like the pudding cups. Unlike most Dragon Ball Z cutscenes where it's normally just the models standing stiffly talking to one another (Tenkaichi and Raging Blast series I am mostly referring to)
Tenkaichi 2 had some nice cutscenes even though they were not as good as the ones from Budokai 1. Burst Limit, Tenkaichi, Raging Blast, Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle of Z had little to no movement which made them really...crappy. Tenkaichi 3 didn't even have them IIRC, it was just those "push R3" interactions in the middle of the battles.
Xenoverse needs to have more sweet action on its cutscenes cause the Story Mode they plan to make begs for some nice and flashy presentation. Imagine all this Beerus scene being shown to us as white text in a purple box. It would absolutely kill the excitement/comic relief of the whole "PUDDING!!" disaster.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:23 pm

DBZ has not had a great story mode in a long time. Tenkachi 2/Sparking 2 and Ultimate Blast/Tenkachi try to be like Budokai 3's story mode and they end up being a water down version of Budokai 3's story mode instead. Budokai 3 allow you to go into different paths of the story while those two games did not. I remember the scans of Budokai 2/Sparking had the player inside a city and everyone thought you would room around a huge environment while we never got anything like that. I just hope the story mode in XV won't be total bullshit.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't see what there is to complain about these graphics really. I mean, Vegeta's face is a little derpy in that one shot, but probably looks fine in motion. Besides that, everything else looks fine.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:26 am

Since we're also on the topic of time traveling and such, what about the appearance of an Adult Goten, finally? Adult Gotenks, and Adult Chibi Trunks from Heroes as well. :D Any chance we could be seeing Super Saiyan Ultra or Ascend grade 1 and 2 Trunks (Big Buff Trunks) in the mix as well? One of my favorite characters.

I've been reading these 'updated' character lists, nothing.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 am

Hey guys, recently I preordered far cry 4. So my Preorder incentive code was emailed to me but didn't work.
I'm wondering if the pre order costumes+ss4 vegeta Codes of Xenoverse will be emailed to us or will it be in the game box?
Has anyone pre ordered battle of z ? If so could you tell if the codes were in the box or otherwise.
Thanks.
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:15 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I don't see what there is to complain about these graphics really. I mean, Vegeta's face is a little derpy in that one shot, but probably looks fine in motion. Besides that, everything else looks fine.
Well Xeno's graphics are nothing special, moreover its models but maybe it looks good in motion (I haven't played it yet).

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 am

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Hey guys, recently I preordered far cry 4. So my Preorder incentive code was emailed to me but didn't work.
I'm wondering if the pre order costumes+ss4 vegeta Codes of Xenoverse will be emailed to us or will it be in the game box?
Has anyone pre ordered battle of z ? If so could you tell if the codes were in the box or otherwise.
Thanks.
The pre-order codes were emailed.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:08 am

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:46 am

sintzu wrote:What do you all think of this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdhuT10xATI#t=165
It is possible. If we really get a new Freeza form it's going to be a major plot point, but Super Saiyan God was, too, and we knew he was coming way before the movie's release. They could reveal Freeza's new form before Xenoverse's release date and the game wouldn't have much of a problem bringing a "spoiler" to the roster.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:06 pm

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm guessing Beerus didn't like the pudding :twisted:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 pm

So were getting extra Battle of Gods content. Nice! And Vegeta's shocked face is hilarious lmao.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Sorry to come again in ranty mood and for being an asshole, but I will be pissed off, If this last gen graphics is what I will get for PS4, because *duh* will be paying hella lot more money for the same game.
After playing on current gen, games like Alien: Isolation or Assasin's Creed for example, no one can seriously ask me how is the graphic bad. Well, it isn't bad, but it isn't good for PS4/XONE.

BOG content, I am sold!!! More so after that debacle of Battle of Z, which I was hyped a lot for, only to be turned off quickly when I learned more :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Sorry to come again in ranty mood and for being an asshole, but I will be pissed off, If this last gen graphics is what I will get for PS4, because *duh* will be paying hella lot more money for the same game.
After playing on current gen, games like Alien: Isolation or Assasin's Creed for example, no one can seriously ask me how is the graphic bad. Well, it isn't bad, but it isn't good for PS4/XONE.
Well, to be fair, it is cross-gen. Besides, it's a Dragon Ball game. A small-time anime title. You're never going to get AAA level stuff with these games.

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:21 pm

You guys think they'll make more db games for last gen?
after xv?
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?