"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:17 pm

I know it's all technically the same, but certain aspects had been previously restricted by region by Bandai Namco. Like your link, it tells me I don't have authorization to access it. So since the link I gave was for the US beta, that's who I aimed it towards in my post.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Just sent feedback, advising them to change the dashing when locked onto an opponent.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Errr ... totally out of topic, but is there any way to tell Bandai Namco to release that PS3 exclusive Godzilla game to the US?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:29 pm

I was thinking about sending feed back but I was woundering. Who here cares that the combo counter just ends and you get a gold Z instead.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:44 pm

BTW, I just wanted to tell you guys that I played the Network test with the PS4 controller, and it felt great! :D All the buttons worked, which they doesn't do with all PS3 games.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:53 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:For those of you who played the US beta/network test, don't forget to provide feedback guys. Most of it is technical information about your system and if you encountered any glitches, but the final page will ask you about how you felt about the controls and other comments on the game.
Left a nice hefty and respectful message to them on my final thoughts in the message box. Most of us from what I read here seem to have the same concerns with the game so hopefully some of this shines through in the final product or sometime in the future.
Big Momma wrote:In the meantime, I ran into this jokester earlier.

LOL Shit like this is AWSOME and what I always love to see when ever custom looks or characters are implemented in a game that I'm interested in. Hopfuly in the final game we'll be able to edit the colors of ALL if not almost all the equipment and items in the game. It'll be huge HUGE screw up if things remain as they are.

BTW here's the guy I made, he most likely won't make the cut when the game comes out be eh.. Whatevs lol.

Last edited by goku the krump dancer on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Ran into (and beat) quite a few people here. Wish I took pictures though. I don't have a single one...
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:00 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ran into (and beat) quite a few people here. Wish I took pictures though. I don't have a single one...
Same here, atleast a picture with CashmanX as his character had the best face of all time.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 pm

My Namekian for those who didn't meet me in the game :D

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Quebaz wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ran into (and beat) quite a few people here. Wish I took pictures though. I don't have a single one...
Same here, atleast a picture with CashmanX as his character had the best face of all time.
I wish I did too. Don't worry, when the final game comes out I'll be sure to make the same character again and post a screencap.His expression is even funnier whhen using "Giant Storm". He's got the widest grin on his face! :P
Last edited by CashmanX on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:08 pm

This is where I left of with Zuki.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:26 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:I think it's too ambitious of Bandai Namco to want the game out by Early 2015 considering there's a good couple of things that need to be changed or improved.

Let Dimps take their time and then release it, after all, it's a Dragon Ball game so there's not a huge fanbase any more that they've got to hold on to, it's just Dragon Ball fans and we're used to it.

This. They need to push the date back. I mean like in May 2015.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Only picture I managed to take.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:13 pm

CashmanX wrote:I wish I did too. Don't worry, when the final game comes out I'll be sure to make the same character again and post a screencap.His expression is even funnier whhen using "Giant Storm". He's got the widest grin on his face! :P
I know, when you did an Ultimate your portrait with the character screaming was so ridiculous haha.

Anyway now that I'm sure the Network Test is oficially over and no one's playing anymore (Super Saiyajin Luffy managed to keep playing for 4 more hours), here's my overall experience and impressions of it.

Character Creation is straighfoward and right at the beggining you get a ton of options regarding the overall aspect of your character with indications that there will be more in the final game (I believe when you chose your CaC eyes, the options started from 23 instead of 1, so atleast there's 22 more eye types to chose from in the final game), wish the default outfit didn't have that ugly undershirt and there were a few more hair options, but I liked what it was there. Later on in the game you also get 3 more clothing options, Kid Gohan's (along with Piccolo's turban), Goku's Kame Gi and Raditz's armor (that I only managed to get the boots :( ), you can buy 3 types of scouters (just different colors) and Roshi's glasses, all these glass-thingies change your scouter view in-game, so be sure to check them all out and of course the attacks, you start out with rather useless ones but as you do missions and go to the shop you can get many more.

The HUB world presented in the Test is also pretty straightfoward, you got a battle part and a shopping part, each of them have a Green thingie that says information, I'm not entirely sure what those will be for but whatever, it was a nice center spot that everyone gathered. The HUBs themeselves are also the perfect size with all the information you need, sometimes you even have 2 of the same thing so you don't need to walk to the other side of the map which is pretty cool, there's also a 3rd HUB are that's not avaliable, pretty sure that's going to be for the Story-mode.

Lobbies work as intended like most fighting games, you get to create a room, search trough all the room or search with your own preferences, whish room searching didn't take so long but it works I guess. You also have plenty of options by pressing the start menu while on the HUB, such as costumizing your character, view party members, see your stats, typical MMO stuff. You also have chatting options which TBH are pretty weak, whish they would let me write what I want in the chat. The best part of the HUB world are the poses that you can do, these range from simply waving at the screen to "Play dead" (which at some point in the Test, became a trend, everyone was doing it), IMO they add a ton of personality to this game and it's pretty fun seeing CaC mimick some well known poses from the series. Tiny nitpick, the server sometimes doesn't know which players to load so there are sometimes that you don't see any player at all, or you know someone is there but you can't see him but he can see you.

The mission part of the Test (called Paralel Quests) offer short BoZ style missions that you can complete, these missions have hidden conditions that you can fullfill which will get you another battle, like Kid Gohan attacking you after you defeat Goku and Piccolo in the 3rd mission, they're fun but as you continue to level up they get rather short, they're also the only way to get certain attacks and outfits in the Test, so you need to get a good rank to get those (which lead to me hating "Saiyan Blood" because I couldn't get Raditz's armor).

In the Test you could play as 10 characters: Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamchan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Raditz, Nappa and Yourself. Their movesets were varied enough and you could notice they had more techniques than the ones you could use (while being controlled by the AI, Yamcha can do a Kamehameha but when you control him, you have the Energy Volley wave, Piccolo has a similar thing, when AI controls him, he has a Whirlwind attack but when you do, you get a Hammer punch), which means that even the default characters get more than 4 Supers, which is a good thing. You could also pick 2 stages, the typical Wasteland and Kami&apos,, Lookout -ahem- I mean Kami's Lookout, they're big enough to simply fly around them and launch your opponent and look wonderfully, wish they were more distructive tho.

Onto the battle system itself, which a lot of people still didn't manage to understand it from the comments I saw. It's a ton of fun, you have that typical DIMPS feel while playing but it feels rather new as well, you have some basic strings, there's not too many of them nor too little of them, so it keeps battles varied, here's a list of them in image form (thanks SSJ Luffy):
Some of these strings and throws resemble the typical Sparking/Raging Blast rushes (Vegeta has his Super Vegeta kick against Cell for example as one of his), but they are all in real-time, so they are vanishable and able to be interrupted which keeps the battle fast-paced. Speaking of vanishes, there's a ton of defensive options in this, you got jumps, teleports, steps, dashes, fake-vanishes, escape moves so you never feel like you are hopeless in battle and you're always able to make a comeback. With all of these options plus all your Ki-attacks (which are 6, 4 supers and 2 ultimates) you have an incredibly fun fighting system that obviously has some advanced techniques that you need to practice. There are some problems as well however, hit detection is not the best, sometimes you'll be punching the air or completely miss your attacks for no reason and boost dashing has terrible tracking, I hope these get fixed in the final game.

As an overall experience tho? Pretty spectacular, loved every single second of my play time (with of course, the exception of the terrible server problem from the first 7 hours) and I'm sure it will only be better in the final game. Shout out to Rukura, CashmanX, Super Saiyajin Luffy and everyone else I played with, was an amazing experience.

Also please someone rip the Toki-Toki city music, I need it so bad.
Last edited by Quebaz on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:28 pm

Glad to know that you had fun Quebaz, I wish I had a PS3 :problem: . But I know that this game is in alpha or Pre beta, so for it to be where it is right now is a huge accomplishment I can't imagine how much better it will be in 6 months. Also where is that avatar from, Quebaz, I am simply in love with it. :lol:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Here is the overtime footage, which I recorded 4 hours straight in 1vs1 offline. I didn't get the Jump cancels, but someone else got it o.O
Well, step cancels are legit and canceling strings into backattacks and cancel this with Ki-Blast is also something else...

Some interesting stuff you wanna know.
Parry fun: http://youtu.be/tiah30lPEi4?t=1m22s
Some pressure ideas with Vegeta: http://youtu.be/tiah30lPEi4?t=2m27s
Safe pressure ideas: http://youtu.be/tiah30lPEi4?t=4m8s
Experimenting with Vegeta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO7-SZpb8_I
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Here's my character: Nache (Spinach)
(Top and bottom)

I found with the clothes everyone was wearing ripped right from existing characters and the basic Gi's, the only way I could make myself stand out was to take off my clothes. Haha.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:32 pm

This thread died really fast after the network test, does anyone know when sergiom3 will post his next video. I can't wait, I was hoping he posted a video today. :cry:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:37 pm

enjyu123 wrote:This thread died really fast after the network test, does anyone know when sergiom3 will post his next video. I can't wait, I was hoping he posted a video today. :cry:
He said he cracked the images from the beta (European one I think), and that he would post it as soon as he can. So maybe tonight or tomorrow?

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Well I was checking his Twitter just now, and someone asked him, when he will post the video, he said as soon as you can think, so I'm hoping he was talking about tonight.Also, something that let me down was when someone asked him if he found pictures of battle of God or GT, he said I have not found any yet. :|
L (Death Note)