"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:38 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Been playing a little bit here and there since release. I can't say I adore the game, but I've been very impressed with the art! It seems very far removed from the visuals we generally see from the series nowadays. I wonder who handled it.
I read on Twitter that Kei17 says it's a friend of his who drew the artwork: https://twitter.com/VegettoEX/status/622093304394485761
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:57 am

I'm sort of addicted to this game, now, to be honest. I really like it. The artwork is enjoyable, and I like the combination of board game/collect colored energy mechanics. I don't like the whole "rarity" of characters determining what level you can make them -- I understand it is a scheme to make you try to get rarer characters (I wouldn't mind if rare characters just had better stats, or something), but I sort of get attached to my characters and am sad to have to eventually scrap them.

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 pm

I keep getting verification error, any suggestions, I'm on android.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Mike asked in the podcast about in-app purchases. Basically, you can buy dragon stones. You get dragon stones for free in the course of the game by playing new missions or from logging in a lot or other "gifts" from the admins, but you can also buy them, for about a dollar each (bulk discounts).

You can use them for a few things:
- Missions cost a set number of points to do, these get replenished if you rank up or if you wait about 5 minutes per point. But you can also replenish these points with 1 dragon stone.
- You can spend 5 dragon stones to get a random rare, super rare or ss rare character.
- You can buy more character "slots" so you can have more characters in store -- these cost 1 dragon stone, i think.
- You can use a dragon stone in battle as a "continue" if you lose all your health. I've only purchased 1 dragon stone to do a continue when i ran out since i didn't want to start the battle again.

Basically, you can avoid ever buying them if you are patient, do story missions, and don't go into battles without a stock of stones or are willing to die if you don't have more continues. But I can see buying them to get really rare characters (the random number generator is not kind), play a lot of non-story missions, never get rid of characters, or challenge yourself in very hard battles.

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:29 pm

playing this for some days now :)
its somehow addicting, a mixture from candycrush & some rpgs and a boardgame i would say, the drawn graphics are really nice, but playing this on a 7´ android tablet,
most of the graphics are somehow fuzzy, its optimized for mobiles i think ...
oh, and it eats a lot of battery :/

if you want to add me as a friend, my id: 3114101824

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:24 am

My id is 389559625 if people want friends.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:24 am

Why is this game so difficult? Now don't get me wrong, I can win on normal and hard modes most of the time, but Z-Hard? That shit is impossible. I have a team full of level 30-50 characters and I can't beat the first quest mission on Z difficulty without having to cheat and use a bunch of items. Other than that, it's pretty good for a "free" mobile game.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

sxanthony

Post by sxanthony » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:48 am

I somehow have been incredibly lucky and have pulled SSR Goku, SSR Vegeta and this morning the SSR Piccolo. I hate that other people are having such trouble pulling them, but man it has made the game a lot easier. Glad the English version finally got released.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:51 pm

MajinMan wrote:Why is this game so difficult? Now don't get me wrong, I can win on normal and hard modes most of the time, but Z-Hard? That shit is impossible. I have a team full of level 30-50 characters and I can't beat the first quest mission on Z difficulty without having to cheat and use a bunch of items. Other than that, it's pretty good for a "free" mobile game.
That's what these games are all about, it's made for you to spend money and buy them rarer fighters and such, can't blame them, Puzzles and Dragons, and Monster Strike made the genre so popular the same exact way.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:44 pm

I mean, Z-Hard is supposed to be hard. I wish there was less of a jump in hardness, but you are supposed to actually need items and eventually need the very good characters, I assume. I beat Z-Hard in some of the events, but not in the main story so far.

I still can't get any SSR characters, but have 5 SR characters so far. But I am not spending money on dragonstones for characters, so I'm stuck with not having great odds. I really want to get a purple R or SR character, or a red SR character. I want a team with more diversity.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:29 am

I'm having a lot of fun with the game. As far as spending money, I usually pick one mobile game that I play to spend a few bucks on per month, usually between 5 - 7 bucks.

That money will go to this game now. My luck with SR characters is pretty bad so far. I saved up my Dragon stones so I can summon 10 chars at once. When I got 3 Yajirobes, I was ready to break my phone...lol. :thumbdown:
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 pm

The game is easy. Never ever do Z Hard and do hard modes for the beginning stories once you're done playing it all on normal.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:36 am

I'm playing the Japanese version and the game is really addicting! Have also played Puzzle & Dragons and I think Dokkan Battle is superior in a lot of features that irked me in Puzzle & Dragons. I do regret not playing it since the beginning because I though you needed to buy it. :?

I have one question that I'm not sure (and was something that kinda bothered me in the game), are Bosses droppable outside of events? I have no trouble getting Saibaiman, Red Ribbon soldiers, Freeza soldiers and Cell Juniors but I haven't got anyone else during normal play (not even Red Ribbon soldiers with vehicles). If they're not droppable, I'll say it was a really bad decision on their part since they could just make the drop rate low and people would still spend money for better odds in the Gashas.

Jhooud

Post by Jhooud » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:17 pm

irreality wrote:I still can't get any SSR characters, but have 5 SR characters so far. But I am not spending money on dragonstones for characters, so I'm stuck with not having great odds. I really want to get a purple R or SR character, or a red SR character. I want a team with more diversity.
Same here, but I'm pretty happy with my mostly SR team. I put my STR Chi-chi through awakening, as well as my PHY Gohan. I've got an SR Goku, SR Master Roshi and an SR Videl. My weak spot is INT and TEQ, I've got an R Pilaf Machine and an awakened to R Yamcha.

At least the new event will let me get my Saiyan Prince Vegeta. I was pretty bummed to have missed out on the SR event. :(

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Do games like these tend to repeat events? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get Coola, Mecha Freeza, Chilled and King Cold in time and the SR Freeza I rolled at the beginning of the game further awakens with Fukkatsu no F medals, which, having started to play 14/15 days ago, means I didn't even see the event.
Dicrypter wrote:I donwload the game from playstore last week and is a cool game and easy to play.
But i have do desinstal the game because the new update and instal again and i lost everything and i have to start from the begin :cry:
is possible creat a acount our something like that? I dont want lose again any progress of the game
You don't need to uninstall the game, just run the updated version.

Turambar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Turambar » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:05 am

Built up SSR Kid Goku! My favorite character! I have three SSRs (soon to be five) without spending any money.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Trying to reach the top 100 in the Tenkaichi Budoukai. My poor Dragon Stones :(

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:26 am

Turambar wrote:Built up SSR Kid Goku! My favorite character! I have three SSRs (soon to be five) without spending any money.
I'm impressed! I have had 7+ SRs now, but still no SSR characters. I like my team, but I fear they will approach max level/max awakening all too soon.

DBZMerciter2005
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DBZMerciter2005 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:08 am

irreality wrote:
Turambar wrote:Built up SSR Kid Goku! My favorite character! I have three SSRs (soon to be five) without spending any money.
I'm impressed! I have had 7+ SRs now, but still no SSR characters. I like my team, but I fear they will approach max level/max awakening all too soon.
I know the feeling. I don't have any SSRs but I have an SR red (Frieza), SR yellow (Dodoria), and SR Blue (Kid Goku). I want SR of the other colors so my team doesn't feel so squishy. I'm struggling to make it through the Ginyu saga because my R characters (esp. R Tec Goku) just cannot keep up.

I haven't started awakening yet but I heard it's best to do that after they reach max level. I could be entirely wrong though.
Imp. Cell: "Do you think you're being CUTE?"
SSJ Vegeta: "Bitch, I'm adorable."
~ TFS DBZA Episode 50

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 pm

DBZMerciter2005 wrote:
irreality wrote:
I know the feeling. I don't have any SSRs but I have an SR red (Freeza), SR yellow (Dodoria), and SR Blue (Kid Goku). I want SR of the other colors so my team doesn't feel so squishy. I'm struggling to make it through the Ginyu saga because my R characters (esp. R Tec Goku) just cannot keep up.

I haven't started awakening yet but I heard it's best to do that after they reach max level. I could be entirely wrong though.
You can awaken them at any time but you can only Z awaken them when they're at max level.