"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tian » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:17 am

Whoa, it's been ages since I last posted here.

Short story... my old phone died 3 years ago and I lost my account :cry:

Oh well... it's good to be back to the game.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 pm

Well, 5th anniversary is already here.

Thank Kami for the 45 Dragon Stones, the Red Stone and AGL Blueku and his dupes :thumbup:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Gogeta and Vegito drop in less than 12 hours!

I'm excited but nervous. I have 2000 stones ready, 1000 each. Counting freebies and tickets, should have close to 35 multis each which is a fuck ton. Fingers crossed

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 am

I'm happy cuz I got Vegetto but also angry cuz I got him from the Ticket Summons and not from the freaking dragon stones I've been grinding from, like, two weeks ago.

Well, now it's time to farm his medals.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:36 pm

After saving up for many months and even skipping on the SSJ2 banner, I finally got to unleash the 950 stones I saved up.
I've spent stones up until I was left with 320 stones and here are my notable pulls.
  • STR Super Buu 2x
  • TEQ Future Trunks 2x
  • LR TEQ Vegito
  • LR STR Gogeta
  • LR INT Goku & Vegeta 2x
  • AGL Zamasu 2x
  • STR Bardock & Gine 2x
  • AGL SSJ Gogeta
  • LR AGL SSJ Gohan 2x
  • AGL Future Trunks & Mai
Value wise the Vegito banner was well worth, especially considering I didn't have most of the Transformation Boost characters.
And I sure as hell made bank on it.
The only character that I am really missing is STR Cooler, then I will be able of making the same insane team I am running on my JP account! :D

I may do one more rotation on the Vegito banner depending on how many stones we get on TG and then blow the rest on the Black Rosé/Broly banner coming up next. I'll see to it by then.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:48 am

I've gotten almost all of the banner characters except TEQ Vegito and AGL Trunks. Helps though because I wasn't able to get LR AGL Gohan or LR INT Cell back when they debuted and the ticket summon gave me LR Majin Vegeta.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:39 am

Welp 2200 stones and no TEQ Vegito Or STR Gogeta. I'd be lying if I said i wasn't mad.

But I did get AGL Gohan with 2 dupes, and also PHY Gogeta, INT Vegito; all who I didn't have so it isnt a total loss.

I'm really tired of not getting the main unit every single time while my friends can single summon them / get them in a quarter of the stones that i have. Honestly I'm done saving for 6 months anymore. fuck skipping half a year's worth of banners to not even get what I want.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:03 am

Did a pull for Gogeta Banner and... no STR Gogeta.

At least, I could get the following featured units:
LR INT Cell x 2
TEQ SSJ4 Gogeta x 1
PHY Wrathful Super Saiyan Broly x 1
INT Super Gogeta x 1

Well, I'll be grinding some stones to do another pull and hopefully, get that damn Gogeta or at least, PHY Goku and Vegeta.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:27 am

Update:

Pulled another time and... no STR Gogeta yet. :(

But... I got the UR STR Bardock and Gine and a dupe for my TEQ SSJ4 Gogeta. :D

I'll be grinding more stones for one last try at the end of this month.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:53 am

I can't complain. I saved my stones for a few months and must say that this anniversary was very generous to me. Here are my pulls (1600 stones):
Thanks to this anniversary, some of my units like LR PHY Gogeta, AGL SSJ Gogeta, PHY Kefla, AGL SSG Goku are now rainbowed. Some dupes are useless as they were already rainbowed. But as I said, I can't complain.

I'll see what will they throw at us for 2nd and 3rd part of the anni. If it's nothing interesting then I'll try to save for the another Heroes banner or New Year Step Up banner.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:26 am

Update:

Well, I just did what I promised would be my last pull on the banner and... YES! I got STR Gogeta. Man, I'm really lucky to pull him 16 hours before the summon offer ends and with only 190 Dragon Stones.

Now let's farm his medals. :D

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:30 pm

Tian wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:26 am Update:

Well, I just did what I promised would be my last pull on the banner and... YES! I got STR Gogeta. Man, I'm really lucky to pull him 16 hours before the summon offer ends and with only 190 Dragon Stones.

Only 190 stones? That’s like nothing. Congrats man

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:30 pm
Tian wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:26 am Update:

Only 190 stones? That’s like nothing. Congrats man
Thanks man! :D

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am

Guys, is it me or are the new LRs easy to pull? I mean, I just did a first multi on the new banner and... I got LR Black and I just had 91 DS.

And I've seen in the Spanish Dokkan community I'm in on Twitter that several people has been pulling those LRs in a first multi with a similar amount of stones or even less.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:55 pm

Man, I can't believe I got shafted in the 55 Ticket summon. I wanted to get at least a PHY LR (the only LR Type I don't have) but all I've got was the INT GT Trio.

Well, I'm done with summons for now. I'll be saving up DS for another important banner.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 am

Tian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am Guys, is it me or are the new LRs easy to pull? I mean, I just did a first multi on the new banner and... I got LR Black and I just had 91 DS.

And I've seen in the Spanish Dokkan community I'm in on Twitter that several people has been pulling those LRs in a first multi with a similar amount of stones or even less.
It's all RNG..
I was kinda hyped while reading comments on Facebook because people were pulling LR's on left and right, while I threw 200 DS and got some random SSRs...
It's funny 'cause I remember pulling LR Goku and Frieza on my first multi a few years ago on their LR banner.

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:35 am

Ugh just under 1000 stones deep and stil no LR Gogeta or Vegetto...

Hopefully the download celebration is kinder
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:28 am

What game do you think is more fun and rewarding now on the phone?
Legends or Dokkan? I have played Dokkan before Legends and was enjoying it a lot, but was bummed that the story was incomplete and lost interest in just playing the other modes... That is like 2 years already and after what I've got in Legends since release, I am really afraid to return to Dokkan as I will be two years out of touch, missing stuff.
On the other hand, I have everything in Legends except for some Legends Limited characters and the newer ones, but the game plays the same all the time and not much to get excited for anymore. New characters drop really just for anniversaries and others are just the same models with new picture card. As I have strong characters, all the challenges are just farming the few rewards you can get after hours of clicking and really challenging are just the ones that you need special characters that I don't have (Vegito Blue, new Turles etc.) and it is not really challenge, as the game is set on such difficulty, that might force you to be dumb and start tossing money on the crystals in hope that you will maybe get the missing character.

FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:50 am

Dokkan is way more fun in my opinion, they have really upped their game when it comes to animations and quality of life changes recently and they offer a lot of strong free to play units if you want to avoid microtransactions.

Not to mention more rewards and a lot of big seasonal events which make it easy to maintain your interest in the game.

I wouldn't worry about joining the game late because there are probably more ways for you to farm stones and there are a lot of banners (like the current 5th anniversary ones/upcoming download celebration) which can help you snag a lot of the more recent strong units. They also have a medal exchange system so you are likely to get the featured units you want at some point in time.
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:14 pm

Mnich wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 am
Tian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am Guys, is it me or are the new LRs easy to pull? I mean, I just did a first multi on the new banner and... I got LR Black and I just had 91 DS.

It's all RNG..
I was kinda hyped while reading comments on Facebook because people were pulling LR's on left and right, while I threw 200 DS and got some random SSRs...
It's funny 'cause I remember pulling LR Goku and Frieza on my first multi a few years ago on their LR banner.
Yeah, I know about RNG.

But what I wondering was if those LRs had higher summon rates than those from Gogeta & Vegetto banners.

I looked up the Wiki and the Broly & Black banner seems to have a bit higher summon rate for featured units:

* Gogeta & Vegetto Banners: 0,5%
* Broly & Black Banner: 0,42%

EDIT: I also checked the LR Goku and Freeza's banner and it has the same rate as Broly & Black's: 0,42%