"Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:57 am

TobyS wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 am Does Dokkan battle actually have a story mode?
I started playing legends just for more story content.
It does. It's one of the few sources of Incredible Gems used in order to get units from the Baba Shop, which has some great units to get, if not a bit hard to grind. Some of them are even gateways to get the EZA versions of Prime Battle units such as Goku and Frieza, the latter being the best F2P unit in the game, bar none. Also it's the only mode that allows you to get LR Vegito Blue via missions.

Oh, as a story? Don't bother looking for one here. It's a time mess or whatever that is an excuse to bring all kinds of characters into it. There is no coherence whatsoever. The only constant is Trunks accompanying you. If I remember correctly, he even said once that Saibamen were so strong... It's kind of a meme nowadays that the Quest (story) mode hasn't been updated for more than 3 years and we're still training with Piccolo over and over.

Events are new content we constantly get. Most of the time, it's essentially the OG story they are referencing, but there are a couple of what-if stories in some Special Events. We have...

1. A re-telling of the ToP from Ribrianne's perspective, and more light-hearted. Really not much until we get to the second to last stage which is a follow-up of the ToP in which Brianne is seeking to learn what forms 18 and Krillin's love and actually doing a decent job at it.

From here on out it should be all Halloween events featuring purely What If units to grind.

2. Goten and Trunks want to prove themselves to the U7 crew after they've been discarded for the ToP, so they Fuse and launch a surprise attack with Ghosts. You get a Gotenks and Ghost unit out of it.

3. Kid Trunks, masked as a Great Saiyaman, decides to go at Baba's place to get a Vision from her and battles through the various opponents that were there back then. That Great Saiyaman Trunks is the reward.

4. Pan somehow travels through time and meets up with Grandpa Gohan. The duo is able to stop a Great Ape Kid Goku together. And said duo is what you get as the reward.

Overall, they're quite rare, but I do like at least the concepts of them. Here's hoping Version Z comes with another Quest mode. The first one was supposed to have also Namek and the Otherworld as additional areas, but apparently we never made it past Earth.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:14 am

Wish you guys luck with your summons tonight! :thumbup:

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Tian wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:14 am Wish you guys luck with your summons tonight! :thumbup:

Thanks, but I'll pass for about 24 hours from now. I am doing summons with an IRL friend of mine and we'll do some pulls together via Zoom.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:31 am

I really had some good luck in the Vegeta banner.

Got the INT LR Blue Vegeta (plus one dupe) and some really needed dupes for several units (My AGL SSBE Vegeta is grateful for his two dupes) but didn't get the STR Gohan and Freeza.

But... in the Goku one, well... it was the other way around.

I've got TEQ Gohan and Piccolo (like the Vegeta one, plus one dupe) and some dupes but no AGL LR UI Goku.

How were your summons, guys?

P.D: Now let's farm some medals and start saving for Gogeta.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:43 am

Ok we actually anticipated 1 multi each, and oh boy, the mirrors.

In WWC, I ended up getting a singular copy of PHY Buutenks overall, while my friend got one of STR Vegito. Neither got the other one.

Now with the first multi, we went on opposite banners. I grabbed another Buutenks, while he grabbed another Vegito. And both of us are going to do a full rotation on the other banner, wishing for the other one we didn't get.

This is almost too perfect.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Tian wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:31 am I really had some good luck in the Vegeta banner.

Got the INT LR Blue Vegeta (plus one dupe) and some really needed dupes for several units (My AGL SSBE Vegeta is grateful for his two dupes) but didn't get the STR Gohan and Freeza.

But... in the Goku one, well... it was the other way around.

I've got TEQ Gohan and Piccolo (like the Vegeta one, plus one dupe) and some dupes but no AGL LR UI Goku.

How were your summons, guys?

P.D: Now let's farm some medals and start saving for Gogeta.
Total opposite for me. Got AGL UI Goku in the discount summons and took several hundred stones for the INT LR Vegeta.
Got TEQ Gohan and STR Frieza in ticket summons.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:57 pm

THE MIRRORING CONTINUES:

I got INT SSBE Vegeta as my very first unit starting the multi sessions with my friend.

He got AGL UI as his very last card, in a single ticket summon.

Other than that, not too eventful right now. I might coin LR STR Vegito if this keeps up.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:01 pm

Did another couple of summons in Goku's banner and... yup, I finally got the damn LR AGL UI Goku. :D

Also, I got the fourth dupe for my LR PHY Buutenks/han and now the guy can go 100% :thumbup:

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:11 am

So far I've won 4 stages of Gods of Destruction Assemble and felt kind of down about its difficulty until I looked on youtube and saw how the whales struggled with it too.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:21 pm

So, thoughts on the imminent Worldwide Celebration themed after the Namek arc?

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:29 am

It's pretty much the same as anniversary. 2 new LRs and a mode that pretty much requires them to beat it.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 am

blacksymbiote wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:29 am It's pretty much the same as anniversary. 2 new LRs and a mode that pretty much requires them to beat it.

I would say that teams have gotten so strong that the new modes are perfectly beatable with a competent team of both types... So they made the missions in order to deny that and they attached the most powerful support memories as a reward for said missions. The Full Power one and Super Planet Namek saga ones were quite painful without the new units, and I managed it by the skin of my teeth.

I would say it's a bit of a step down from anniversary overall, but there are many factors that one celebration does better than the other.

Positives for 350m celebration.

- The Zeni refund for EZAs is wonderful. Considering F2P players alone have 8 EZAs to do, it's nice that we get all our Zeni back from that and more. 240 million would have quite stung, and if we count the other EZAs, that's a total of 330 million.

- The Ginyu Force themselves are VERY good as EZAs. In particular, Ginyu is actually kind of broken, as they gave him way more stats in his passive on top of his already solid kit.

- The LR Bardock EZA was way more needed than the Goku and Frieza EZA. And it is nice that they gave the Bardock Special something as opposed to the anni which has Reps of U7 dominate over every other team.

- It did boost a neglected category, Planet Namek Saga. Before, it was a mess of units that didn't quite synergize or a lesser Wicked Bloodline.

- 2 DFE EZAs this time, and for units that appear time and time again as beginner units of sorts and continue to infest banners. Though Goku more than Frieza in that regard. Both are really solid units too.

Now for the things it did worse than the anniversary.

- No F2P LR EZAs? Really? Starting from the 5th anni, it has been a tradition to have one each time, and there were two perfect candidates, one being the very leader of the team that's being EZA'd. This makes Ginyu Force a, though powerful, WEIRD team. It's a very strong F2P team held back by its leader. Oh and the LR PHY Ginyu squad is now worthless as a result of this.

- While I do find it enjoyable, the Collection of Epic Battles event is not on the same level as the Gods of Destruction event. My least favorite part are the missions, as they goad you into getting teams you are not comfortable with to witness the full extent of the challenge amd the rewards. I personally find the GoD stages harder, but to get everything, you just have to beat them as you wish (except Nuke leaders)

- The set of "2 new units, 1 awakening" F2P cards is significantly worse. Goku is underwhelming the majority of the time and great occasionally. Zarbon showed great promise, but didn't get that much better when Dodoria arrived. Krillin/Vegeta exchange... Is frustrating as the two units have drastically different linksets and the passives don't attempt to solve the issue of finding partners for them, unlike Hercule/Buu exchange. The duo units we had on the 6th anniversary might have had weird linksets individually, but they made sure they link almost perfectly with each other.

More might come to my mind later.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Hey I need like a ton of zeni if I wanna get my first ever LR (Legendary Broly, the buff bastard) and I just wanna know how to get sayyyyyyy 5 billion zeni pretty quickly
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:38 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:49 pm Hey I need like a ton of zeni if I wanna get my first ever LR (Legendary Broly, the buff bastard) and I just wanna know how to get sayyyyyyy 5 billion zeni pretty quickly
Okay, here are a few suggestions:

*Have any Hercule Statues lying around? Sell them. Any units you really don't want? Sell them.

*Do the punching bag event and try to form a team with a nuker, or a unit that boosts attack when collecting ki spheres, one like PHY SSJ GT Goku if you have him, and try, iirc, stage 4 or 5. Those allow you to bring items like Dabura Cookies or Monaka Costumes that turn ki spheres into a certain color, and attack boosting items like WT Announcers.

*Try the Hercule's Big Buck Challenge on weekends, that gives a decent amount of Zeni, but you can get more by using your Reward Boosts on that event.

If you've already been doing these, well, I'm afraid I'm not gonna be much help otherwise. Good luck on getting LR Broly to that LR strength!

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:18 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:49 pm Hey I need like a ton of zeni if I wanna get my first ever LR (Legendary Broly, the buff bastard) and I just wanna know how to get sayyyyyyy 5 billion zeni pretty quickly
hehehehehhe I got Broly!!!!!!!
now I want the UR Super GT Goku (that transforms I think) cuz I heard he's pretty tough. Dunno how to get him though
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:23 pm

Asin wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:38 pm
one like PHY SSJ GT Goku if you have him
heheheh /lh
she/her yknow

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:18 pm
now I want the UR Super GT Goku (that transforms I think) cuz I heard he's pretty tough. Dunno how to get him though
He's a Dokkan Festival unit, so you'll have to summon for him with Dragon Stones or purchase him in Baba's Shop with the red Dokkan Festival coins. He's not available right now, at least on Global, so it may be a while before you can try getting him.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:58 am

Asin wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 pm
He's a Dokkan Festival unit, so you'll have to summon for him with Dragon Stones or purchase him in Baba's Shop with the red Dokkan Festival coins. He's not available right now, at least on Global, so it may be a while before you can try getting him.
When do ya think he'll be available?
she/her yknow

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:27 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:58 am
Asin wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 pm

When do ya think he'll be available?
Honestly? No clue. Just keep an eye out in the Baba Shop's coin section and use the scouter in the Summon part of the app. That scouter will tell you what a banner will usually contain, at least regarding the featured units, which GT Goku tends to be one of those whenever he's around.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 pm

hey uhhh how do I get a sdbh dragon stone?
she/her yknow