What game is this?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

What game is this?

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:52 pm

Looks like classic Super Famicom style no? Maybe it's a DS game?

http://dvd.jumpland.com/blog/img.php?ID=11

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Maybe the game features Jump superstars? I can't really make out anything from the screenshot. Though I must admit that it has to be really popular since that many people are surrounding the game stands.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:57 pm

On the screen I can see Frieza and some sort of... lizard thing. I thought it was Piccolo at first, but I'm not really sure. On the poster on the far left I can see Luffy and Zoro from One Piece... and the middle poster thing seems to have Sanji from One Piece and the Millinium Puzzle from Yu-Gi-Oh! Other than that, I have no idea... it seems like we would have heard something if it was important though.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:01 pm

n the screen I can see Freeza and some sort of... lizard thing
I'm pretty sure it's SSJ Gokuu, with his blue shirt and hands in Kamehameha stance ;)
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 pm

Ash wrote:
n the screen I can see Freeza and some sort of... lizard thing
I'm pretty sure it's SSJ Gokuu, with his blue shirt and hands in Kamehameha stance ;)
*cough* The arms look grey to me, and look at the emblem above the right image. Above Freeza is... well, Freeza, the other thing looks Green, more like Piccolo than Goku.

I see the Kamehameha stance, but the SSJ Hair is white with a green tint, and the person is grey. Maybe its some Nega-Goku, or it's just bad timing with the image and Goku is flashing from the attack, I'd say thats the most logical answer... So, ignore what I said before this I guess.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Yeah, it's clearly SSJ Goku in a Kamehameha stance.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:16 pm

Demi wrote:Yeah, it's clearly SSJ Goku in a Kamehameha stance.
The hair and costume make me think Gohan...
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

gokutae
Banned

Post by gokutae » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 am

It's a DS game where you get to play as characters from Shonen Jump's greatest superstars.(Goku, Naruto, Yuigioh, etc.) I've never played it, though.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:25 am

No, the TV isn't showing Jump Superstars. It doesn't have a screen like that, showing two fighters... Freeza's not in it, anyway.

Besides, this photo was taken December 17th. Kind of recent for a JSS display.

Can't it be a display for multiple anime games? Just because there are Naruto and One Piece things around it does not mean they're in that same game on-screen.

Oh, and that's clearly Goku there with Freeza. I don't know how you guys could be seeing anything else, main picture or the tiny version in the upper corner.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:09 am

I'd say that display is for all games connected to Jumpland/SJ. And I'd guess that the game on display is most likely Shin Budokai. That new PSP game. It's about the only thing I can think of that they'd be displaying.... Though, December is a bit early for that. Maybe Chou DBZ?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm

It looks like SSW2 to me, but then again, I wouldn't know because I only played the game once :oops: .