"Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dyno
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS)

Post by Dyno » Tue May 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Really? I was pretty sure this game would receive a global release. What a shame, then. :|

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Tue May 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Dyno wrote: Though I must say that this is the first 3DS game that will feature Super Saiyan Bardock which will be available to the whole world.
Nothing confirms that this will get a global release, if the previous installment(s) is anything to go by, it will be Japan-only.
We are getting J-stars to be fair though.

SPRSYJN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SPRSYJN » Tue May 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Dyno wrote: Though I must say that this is the first 3DS game that will feature Super Saiyan Bardock which will be available to the whole world.
Nothing confirms that this will get a global release, if the previous installment(s) is anything to go by, it will be Japan-only.
Several butoden titles saw some release outside japan!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Namco Bandai America hasn't said anything about the game yet and it's coming out pretty soon in Japan.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

nilcam

Post by nilcam » Wed May 06, 2015 9:56 am

Well, E3 is soon and would be the best time to announce it. I have a Japanese copy pre-ordered but really want a U.S. release as well.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed May 06, 2015 10:02 am

Bandai Namco Entertainment seems to have more favouritism towards Europe than US but the truth is that 3DS has never had a Dragon Ball in the west and while Nintendo released the New 3DS somewhat recently that's just like the DSi to DS.

If Bandai Namco Entertainment doesn't release it in Europe (I'd really like to support it) then I'll just go with the alternative.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 am

I really hope this game sees a widespread release and could see it happening since BoG rekindled interest for a lot of people, but I also doubt it, seeing as Ultimate Butouden got shafted (though that may have been more due to its release at the tail end of the DS lifespan).
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 am

SPRSYJN wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
Several butoden titles saw some release outside japan!
This article grouped all DB 2D Fighters as Butoudens for some reason.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue May 12, 2015 3:00 pm

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Tue May 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Not new.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue May 12, 2015 8:44 pm

The date shows the news are from today.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Yes, it's new on the site, but it was revealed physically in last month's V-Jump almost a month ago now if I remember correctly.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue May 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Every single time I see a new post I get hopeful.. Only to yet again get disappointed. :(

Why can't they just announce a West release?

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Fri May 15, 2015 8:23 pm

There should be some news on V-Jump as usual. WSJ keeps putting out recaps of the V-Jump stuff anyway.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 16, 2015 5:00 am

The more I see the more I want to play it. Please Bandai Namco Ent. please release it in Europe/US!
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 16, 2015 7:10 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:The more I see the more I want to play it. Please Bandai Namco Ent. please release it in Europe/US!
Don't hold your breath. Extreme Butoden will most likely not get any kind of release anywhere in the West, period.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:The more I see the more I want to play it. Please Bandai Namco Ent. please release it in Europe/US!
Don't hold your breath. Extreme Butoden will most likely not get any kind of release anywhere in the West, period.
Probably. :(

Bandai Namco Ent. will be releasing Godzilla for PS3 and PS4 which might have low sales for its lifetime and yet this awesomeness will be kept in Japan only. :| This really sucks because it's the 2nd DBZ game (1st was Ultimate Butoden) on a Nintendo handheld that I wanted to support and Bandai Namco didn't even think of their fans in the west.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 16, 2015 9:37 pm

ShonenGameZ posted more V-Jump scans for the game that reveal all the playable characters, but I'm more interesting in this little section (so I cropped it instead of posting a giant image). It seems we're getting Gine and Jaco as assists (if you buy the guide).

More importantly though, Gine now has an anime style color scheme (like her third or fourth one overall now). Not very fond of this version though. The pink doesn't suit her as much as the darker colored versions IMO.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat May 16, 2015 11:22 pm

CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE! :o HER FIRST GAME, OH GOSH! :clap: Too bad it's just an assist, but whatever! :o

I also didn't like the color scheme as well, but... Oh, come on, it's Gine. Jesus, finally she appeared outside that manga! :clap:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 17, 2015 1:42 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Probably. :(

Bandai Namco Ent. will be releasing Godzilla for PS3 and PS4 which might have low sales for its lifetime and yet this awesomeness will be kept in Japan only. :| This really sucks because it's the 2nd DBZ game (1st was Ultimate Butoden) on a Nintendo handheld that I wanted to support and Bandai Namco didn't even think of their fans in the west.
Godzilla: The Game got a Western release here in the US due to popular demand. The 2014 Godzilla movie from last year was a big hit that it help boost up the popularity of the series and more people wanted a new Godzilla game for a while now. If fans really want Extreme Butouden to come out in the US then show demand for the game. Tell Namco Bandai America that is demand for DBZ games outside the consoles. They have a Facebook and Twitter after all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/