"Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS)

Post by BobZ » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Okay, I am confused.

Wasn't there supposed to be a 3DS bundle with the game? Why can't I find it anywhere?

Does anyone happen to know any online retailers in EU that have it up for pre-order?

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:41 am

BobZ wrote:Okay, I am confused.

Wasn't there supposed to be a 3DS bundle with the game? Why can't I find it anywhere?

Does anyone happen to know any online retailers in EU that have it up for pre-order?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-New-Bl ... n+ball+3ds

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:21 pm

So I'm a bit out of the loop on this one since I was initially considering not getting this game right away, but I could use something else to play on my 3DS for a bit (even if I do have a backlog of more story-heavy stuff that's just too hard to play at work..), so question - what was the pre-order bonus again? And was it something you actually have to pre-order from somewhere to get, or more a 'Day One' kind of deal where if I pick it up on the first day it's out in stores or basically just before the first wave is out, will be packaged inside?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So I'm a bit out of the loop on this one since I was initially considering not getting this game right away, but I could use something else to play on my 3DS for a bit (even if I do have a backlog of more story-heavy stuff that's just too hard to play at work..), so question - what was the pre-order bonus again? And was it something you actually have to pre-order from somewhere to get, or more a 'Day One' kind of deal where if I pick it up on the first day it's out in stores or basically just before the first wave is out, will be packaged inside?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/07/su ... e-butoden/

The general pre-order bonus is six Z-Assist characters. They're all button-press codes in the Japanese version, so assuming that stays the same over in the international release, even if they're different codes, someone can just tell you what the codes are.

On the flip-side, Jaco and Gine were actual eShop codes from the strategy guide in Japan. I wonder if the international branches will lock away some of the Z-Assists that way.

"Super Butoden 2" is an Amazon-exclusive, and it remains to be seen if they'll continue to offer that bonus up after the release date.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Many thanks! Hmm...roughly $30 for a brand new game on the 3DS isn't too bad at all, compared to most other games costing closer to the $40 mark when I look into getting them, so I guess I will go ahead and put a pre-order in. I'm still not 100% sold on what little I've done with the game's demo so far, but it should be a fun enough little distraction to work with, and I've heard good things about the original Butouden series for a long time now, so getting to check out one of those should prove fun as well.

...It just had to be coming out on Oct. 20th though. Ack. I've already gotta pick up Resurrection 'F', Jurassic World, and Career of Evil (J.K. Rowling's newest novel) on that day too. This is an expensive Fall season for me. Oof. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:55 pm

songohan619 wrote:
BobZ wrote:Okay, I am confused.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-New-Bl ... n+ball+3ds
Thank you for this! Seems like it's sold out already sold out though... what a shame. :(

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:32 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote:Does anyone by chance have a link to some kind of list of every Z Assist character in the game? (besides the DB Wikia--I'm not sure when that was last edited lol. Though since the game comes out in a month I can't say whether anything's missing from it)
I'm really excited for this game :D
This should be close to accurate so long as you don't mind dub names
http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-ball-z- ... 030-48878/
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:24 pm

The S wrote: This should be close to accurate so long as you don't mind dub names
http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-ball-z- ... 030-48878/
Thanks very much :D and I'm more familiar with dub names so I'm ok with this lol. Can't wait to start making teams when this is out and I unlock stuff.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:31 pm

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Ugh. That capture is hideous. Not only do they toss a watermark on content they don't own, but they lost any of the "HD" they claim the video to be by trying to upscale it to a larger size.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Ugh. That capture is hideous. Not only do they toss a watermark on content they don't own, but they lost any of the "HD" they claim the video to be by trying to upscale it to a larger size.
Here's a slightly better quality one, but it's still not hd and has a watermark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_kcqYDzWw
If this is the actual audio (which I believe it is), then it looks like they took out Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go :(
I think they should've at least used something that isn't generic, like Fight It Out

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:27 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Here's a slightly better quality one, but it's still not hd and has a watermark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_kcqYDzWw
If this is the actual audio (which I believe it is), then it looks like they took out Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go :(
I think they should've at least used something that isn't generic, like Fight It Out
I would say it is because I don't recall ever hearing this track in a dbz game. What's really weird is that we can get flows head chala yet we can't get kuu-zen-zetsu-go?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:51 pm

"Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go" getting replaced is a really annoying loss.

What's the precedent for this? We haven't had a problem with music replacements since they stopped using the Kikuchi BGM for the games. Why now?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 am

Well... They've made an already sub-par opening even worse with the guitar riff and lack of vocals... It worked enough for Budokai 2 and 3, but it really fails here... The music doesn't match the visuals in the slightest and honestly makes for an even worse experience than the Dragon Ball Xenoverse opening. Honestly, is it just a thing now for modern anime games to have terrible openings or is it purely a Dragon Ball thing?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:12 am

I don't know but I think that they should've used one of the actual songs that were made for the International audience, like the English version of Hero, or possibly, the English version of Chozetsu Dynamic.

mario0102

Post by mario0102 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:42 pm

dae428 wrote:Well... They've made an already sub-par opening even worse with the guitar riff and lack of vocals... It worked enough for Budokai 2 and 3, but it really fails here... The music doesn't match the visuals in the slightest and honestly makes for an even worse experience than the Dragon Ball Xenoverse opening. Honestly, is it just a thing now for modern anime games to have terrible openings or is it purely a Dragon Ball thing?
What's wrong with the XenoVerse Opening, I really like it. It is well animated, Cha La Head Cha La fits it really well, and it gets you pumped for the game. What else do you want?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:18 am

mario0102 wrote:
dae428 wrote:Well... They've made an already sub-par opening even worse with the guitar riff and lack of vocals... It worked enough for Budokai 2 and 3, but it really fails here... The music doesn't match the visuals in the slightest and honestly makes for an even worse experience than the Dragon Ball Xenoverse opening. Honestly, is it just a thing now for modern anime games to have terrible openings or is it purely a Dragon Ball thing?
What's wrong with the XenoVerse Opening, I really like it. It is well animated, Cha La Head Cha La fits it really well, and it gets you pumped for the game. What else do you want?
There's no hype to it (unlike the Budokai 2 and 3 openings, even UT's opening had hype) and it used a song that was already used in the mainstream game before it.

Plus the animation was barely there.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:52 pm

The game seems to have received a patch, which includes at least:

--Towa appears and uses a Xenoverse "Bloody Sauce" like attack.
--Mira uses an attack similar to his grab in Xenoverse? I don't really remember what it's based on.
--Super Goku runs characters over with a tractor.
--BOG Vegeta does his bingo dance, with an explosion at the end.
--"F" Kuririn pushes people around with his police scooter.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 pm

You know, when I first saw this I was like, "Is this a joke?" But after realizing it's actually a thing, I kind of found myself looking forward to it. I think Tractor Goku and Dancing Vegeta would be hilarious! :)
mario0102 wrote:
Cha La Head Cha La is a great song and yeah I think FLOW's version of it was perfectly fine too. The problem is that it's way overplayed. Dragon Ball Xenoverse was meant to be kind of a game changer in the world of Dragon Ball games and yet, it's a touch ironic that they use such an overplayed song that's become exceedingly generic at this point for such a game.

Never mind looks like DBZAOTA482 already explained all my complaints in a much more succinct manner. So yeah... What he said.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:10 pm

I love the bit of Dr. Gero, #8 and the other RR members. The rest of the animation looks pretty bad since Goku's face looks awful in some shots.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/