"Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dyno
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS)

Post by Dyno » Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Think I can say as well, this is an old news, folk. :wink:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 18, 2015 5:35 pm

24 playable characters is more than enough, after all, this isn't a quantity over quality kind of game you'd expect from Spike so EB's dev team has put a lot of effort into it.

Shame though, I'd like to pre-order it had it had a European release. Seems like it'll be Japan-only again, unfortunately. :(
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon May 18, 2015 10:27 pm

...teen SS Gohan? Whaaaat?

Yeah, no problem with the size of the roster, but the choices are just baffling. We've never even had SS teen Gohan in that gi except for the God ritual. How different will he be from the stronger Mystic Gohan?

I'm just baffled now.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon May 18, 2015 11:29 pm

So Broly is the Potemkin/Tager of the game huh? Cool. And I'm kinda disappointed that Arc System didn't do the over the top battle intros like the ones in Guilty Gear or Blazblue. But then again, you never know if they are gonna do it.
Saiga wrote:...teen SS Gohan? Whaaaat?

Yeah, no problem with the size of the roster, but the choices are just baffling. We've never even had SS teen Gohan in that gi except for the God ritual. How different will he be from the stronger Mystic Gohan?
Yeah, I agree on that. SS Future Gohan would've been a better character to put in than the current SS Gohan.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue May 19, 2015 8:49 pm

I thought Golden Freeza was playable. Is he just an assist then? I know he's a bonus character but so is SSGSS Goku and he's on there on the far right....
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue May 19, 2015 9:11 pm

I think I might have seen a "place" stating Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kakarot is playable through a special method... If that is correct, then he is the only Movie 15's character playable, all the rest... Assist. :|

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 pm

The S wrote:I thought Golden Freeza was playable. Is he just an assist then? I know he's a bonus character but so is SSGSS Goku and he's on there on the far right....
He's described as a Z-assist.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:10 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 22, 2015 2:44 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Some Combos. SSGSS style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Cyvw_g-9E
And yet, nobody in the West will be able to play this unless they import it. And OST sounds really damn awesome, too. Why does life suck sometimes? :(

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri May 22, 2015 5:11 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Some Combos. SSGSS style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Cyvw_g-9E
Silly ShonenGameZ, that ain't a combo video. Man the action in this game is so good, fast-paced melee with lots of jumps, dashes, teleports and energy beams along with an sick OST do make a good DBZ game indeed, wished the Ultimates didn't take so long nor looked so awkward, but everything else looks so good.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:28 pm

The game looks pretty cool based on the video. But it kind of makes me even more worried about the whole support character thing. I mean it just makes everything look so messy... :(
Ironically, I kind of wish SSJGSSJ Vegeta's support was a bit more flashy than just him giving a kick... I don't know, it just seems kind of boring compared to everyone else.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sun May 24, 2015 4:28 pm

OST is on point!
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:And yet, nobody in the West will be able to play this unless they import it. And OST sounds really damn awesome, too. Why does life suck sometimes? :(
I'm remaining very optimistic. There are more than a few characters from the newest movie in this game. Maybe they're waiting for the film to release overseas before announcing it?

I'm pretty bummed out by the final roster. I'll endure having Burdock and Broli if I must, but I can't figure out the logic behind some of these choices. Are Raditz, Nappa, and Ginyu really that popular? They seem like great choices for assist characters instead. Plus, we've got four Gokus, four Gohans, and two Vegetas. It seems like such a waste of space. On the other hand, I'm getting super excited about the assist characters. It looks like they're really trying to get everyone who's anyone, and there are still two empty pages left on the site!

I hadn't realized how much I missed seeing GT characters until now. Seeing GT Pan on the cover art really did a lot to fuel my interest here, which surprised me. If Giru gets to be an assist character, I'll freak out in the best of ways.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:32 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

MagicBox wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:And yet, nobody in the West will be able to play this unless they import it. And OST sounds really damn awesome, too. Why does life suck sometimes? :(
I'm remaining very optimistic. There are more than a few characters from the newest movie in this game. Maybe they're waiting for the film to release overseas before announcing it?
I don't think the movie not out in the US is a issue. Tarble was in Raging Blast 2 despite the 2008 Jump Special not being dubbed yet. Legacy of Goku 3 had Janemba as a boss when the movie was not out yet for another two more years.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun May 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I don't think the movie not out in the US is a issue. Tarble was in Raging Blast 2 despite the 2008 Jump Special not being dubbed yet. Legacy of Goku 3 had Janemba as a boss when the movie was not out yet for another two more years.
We're also getting Resurrection 'F' stuff from Xenoverse DLC, so that can't be it.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:22 pm

I just noticed that the scan shows and says that Broly has "virtually no speed".

I know this is a game and all but it contradicts Broly's LSSJ. Which is like USSJ, but even stronger and fast.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Not that it means much, but here are Famitsu's scores:

8/7/7/7 or 29/40

I guess the ad budget for this one is low.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 am

Hmm no news on international release for this yet? Oh well.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community