Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is really the best game ever made?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tienfan

Re: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is really the best game ever made?

Post by tienfan » Fri May 15, 2015 1:20 pm

I honestly think that Tenkaichi 2 is a much more well made game in a lot of ways. Besides the gameplay not being as good as Tenkaichi 3 it beats it in every other way.
tenkaichi 2/budokai 2 best p4p dragon ball z games ever made
dragon ball»dragon ball z

tien fan for life

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri May 15, 2015 1:39 pm

tienfan wrote:I honestly think that Tenkaichi 2 is a much more well made game in a lot of ways. Besides the gameplay not being as good as Tenkaichi 3 it beats it in every other way.
I see where you're coming from with that. I guess I tend to prefer BT3 more nowadays since I've pretty much completed them it's just random duels I'm doing now, so I'm gonna gravitate towards the one with better gameplay.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Demon of Light
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Demon of Light » Fri May 15, 2015 1:50 pm

I was never terribly impressed with any entry in the Budokai Tenkaichi series. More characters is nice, but the fighting just wasn't very enjoyable. I think I was kind of spoiled by playing Budokai 3 over and over before giving any of the Tenkaichi games a try.

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Fri May 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Raging Blast 2 is probably my favorite just because it had most of the characters that were important to me but didn't have out of place characters like Arale in it. The combat was really good and the supers were the best looking any DBZ game had to offer. The only thing that I didn't like about it was that it was far too easily to teleport everything thrown at you, making things like wild sense and afterimage basically useless.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Fri May 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Captain Space wrote:
tienfan wrote:I honestly think that Tenkaichi 2 is a much more well made game in a lot of ways. Besides the gameplay not being as good as Tenkaichi 3 it beats it in every other way.
I see where you're coming from with that. I guess I tend to prefer BT3 more nowadays since I've pretty much completed them it's just random duels I'm doing now, so I'm gonna gravitate towards the one with better gameplay.
yeah it makes sense to pick tenkaichi 3 because of the gameplay,its just that overall for me tenkaichi 2 was the better game.
the system of unlocking characters was very good,leveling up the characters was also very well done and in my opinion it makes more of a difference having
the right skills equiped comparing it to tenkaichi 3,this plus a really good story mode with a quality soundtrack(imo much better then tenkaichi 3).
when it comes to game modes if i remember correctly they are kind of similar but again i get 100% why someone would like tenkaichi 3 more since gameplay wise it had much more to offer.

when it comes to the budokai games my favourite was without a doubt budokai 2,i found the story mode in budokai 3 to be kind of boring and repetitive,mostly because if you wanted to level up a character to a certain point just for fun you would have to repeat the story of said character many times in a row and honestly i dont see that many things that budokai 3 had that budokai 2 didnt besides a couple of gameplay twists which to be fair did make it more fun i guess but just not enough to really draw me in.

tien fan for life

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri May 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Definitely, yeah. Like I said, BT3 is my preferred for duels and such, but if I was to play one of them for the first time, for the story mode, character progression, exploration, what-ifs, etc., I'd have a better time with 2, methinks.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat May 16, 2015 10:29 am

Can't say the best, but definitely the most fun!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Sat May 16, 2015 1:38 pm

I can't help but not enjoy any of the Budokai Tenkaichi entries. Call me shallow, but I don't think they did a good job recreating the characters' look from the anime, as well as the auras, the Ki blasts and their destruction. Even Super DBZ, which wasn't as ambitious as Budokai 3, had better looking attacks. They just looked plain ugly in BT, independently of being faithful or not, and that has to do with Spike being less talented developers. Their idea was good, but Xenoverse ultimately proves that Dimps is also more capable at the 3rd person view style.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:39 pm

I've always preferred Tenkaichi 2 to the third installment as well.

I can't remember his name, but there is a member on this forum who does an excellent job of debunking the whole "no skill involved in Tenkaichi" argument. I'll look around and see if I can find him.

Edit, found the guy. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... nnihilated

Check out ZeroAnnihilated's posts here and in other threads. He's by far the most knowledgeable guy I've seen regarding the Tenkaichi series. It's definitely worth a read.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I've always preferred Tenkaichi 2 to the third installment as well.

I can't remember his name, but there is a member on this forum who does an excellent job of debunking the whole "no skill involved in Tenkaichi" argument. I'll look around and see if I can find him.

Edit, found the guy. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... nnihilated

Check out ZeroAnnihilated's posts here and in other threads. He's by far the most knowledgeable guy I've seen regarding the Tenkaichi series. It's definitely worth a read.
i am glad to see a fellow tenkaichi 2 fan,this game doesnt have enough suporters
its in a way like the black sheep of the dbz games since nobody cares about it

yeah seems like a good read

tien fan for life

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:03 am

Kakarot9001 wrote:I can separate B3 and BT3 in two modes:

BT3 = Best DBZ fight simulator

B3 = Best fighting game
I am inclined to agree somewhat. But the margin between isn't that much . Besides the obvious character roster.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face