No DBZ game for 2016?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Re: No DBZ game for 2016?

Post by Vegitofaxx » Wed May 20, 2015 1:58 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: He just spread false rumours, most of the time. And I hate that kind of thing. And spreading false rumours, especially within the Dragon Ball fandom, can lead to those rumours becoming facts and leading fans to becoming misinformed.
Yeah, I hate that shit too. Sadly that's pretty much every DBZ Youtuber in a nutshell...
There are only a few good DBZ Youtubers I know that don't do that shit. That's pretty sad.
To kinda end my thoughts on the DB Youtubers; MistareFusion is the best one. The End.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 2:00 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: He just spread false rumours, most of the time. And I hate that kind of thing. And spreading false rumours, especially within the Dragon Ball fandom, can lead to those rumours becoming facts and leading fans to becoming misinformed.
Yeah, I hate that shit too. Sadly that's pretty much every DBZ Youtuber in a nutshell...
There are only a few good DBZ Youtubers I know that don't do that shit. That's pretty sad.
And that kind of thing hits me a bit personally as well, because as I used to be incredibly gullible, and even to this day, I can be quite naive and take things with more of a grain of salt. And when I hear things like "New Dragon Ball Series Planned", five years ago, I would have probably believed that. I mean, prior to Dragon Ball Super, rumours like that were flying around all over YouTube for years. And it just gets to the point where you wonder, "They're doing this for that fifteen minutes of fame." And it just aggravates me. Becuase I was one of those people who used to believe those rumours, and looking back, I feel like a idiot for allowing myself to be so misinformed. And in the end, many other people are going to go through the same thing. It's like a vicious cycle:

Stage 1. Hear one rumour
Stage 2. Rumours gains traction
Stage 3. People believe the rumour
Stage 4: Rumour turns out to be B.S
Stage 5: Go back to Stage 1 and repeat

Sorry, if I went on a tangent. Stuff like that just grinds my gears. :|

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed May 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote: To kinda end my thoughts on the DB Youtubers; MistareFusion is the best one. The End.
He's damn good at what he does, ain't gonna lie.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Again Beerus, I have to ask for some back up to your claims because I know him personally and he has the same connects with Namco as I do (inb4 the my uncle works for Nintendo jokes).

I'm not going to sit here and say he's never wrong, but just calling someone else out with no proof doesn't make your claim look any better.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:25 pm

I don't personally mind him. Infact, I actually tolerate him compared to the bunches of other youtubers, and have even subscribed to him. What I do hate are the

NEW DBZ SERIES? SSJ33r839y593 GOD GOKU CONFIRMED?!

GOKU DIES? FRIEZA KILLS EVERYONE AND TAKES OVER THE UNIVERSE?!

VEGETA KILLS FRIEZA CONFIRMED? !

DBZ SUPER SAIYAN DEVIL BROLY IN DB XENOVERSE OR DB SUPER?!

Types of clickbait youtube nonsense. Not saying he does these, but a lot of other youtubers do.

On topic though, if we do get a new console DBZ game i'm hoping it's a "different" type of game. I love DB Xenoverse, but i wouldn't want for it to have yearly sequels. Rather prefer it in early 2017, with another type of DBZ game to hold everyone off in 2016.
Last edited by Silkman3003 on Wed May 20, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 2:27 pm

TheGameTagerZ wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:He just spread false rumours, most of the time. And I hate that kind of thing. And spreading false rumours, especially within the Dragon Ball fandom, can lead to those rumours becoming facts and leading fans to becoming misinformed.
Mind naming some examples? It's easy to call out people, but I'm curious to know what exactly was false that he spread because I've been digging around and couldn't find anything.
This, this, this, this and this.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:this.
What's wrong with this one?

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed May 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Doctor. wrote:
It kinda is giving misinformation when that name has been apart of official merchandise days or weeks before the video.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 20, 2015 2:41 pm

What he says in the video is that the name "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" was never said once in the movie, which is true.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed May 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: This, this, this, this and this.
Man, and that's not even counting his pre launch Xenoverse videos.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
The new Saiyan transformation was officially revealed as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in WSJ. And he's stating that it may not be the case. Which is again, spreading false rumours.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 pm

What's the general thoughts on guys like; Qaaman, Thundershot and Blackenfist? Personally, I like Blackenfist the most.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:What's the general thoughts on guys like; Qaaman, Thundershot and Blackenfist? Personally, I like Blackenfist the most.
Sounds like a separate discussion for the "Fan-Works" section.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 3:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:What's the general thoughts on guys like; Qaaman, Thundershot and Blackenfist? Personally, I like Blackenfist the most.
Sounds like a separate discussion for the "Fan-Works" section.
Already on that. :wink:

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Wed May 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheGameTagerZ wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:He just spread false rumours, most of the time. And I hate that kind of thing. And spreading false rumours, especially within the Dragon Ball fandom, can lead to those rumours becoming facts and leading fans to becoming misinformed.
Mind naming some examples? It's easy to call out people, but I'm curious to know what exactly was false that he spread because I've been digging around and couldn't find anything.
1)The tenkaichi thing they actually spoke to Namco rep who was already in Japan anyway it wasn't just some bs click bait video. Namco is just extremely slow at getting back to them on that. They specifically asked him to gauge some interest though.

2)As for the SSGSS thing. I remember this video I immediately went to him and told him that was the correct name. I guess he assumed since the movie didn't say anything on it that he went with this. So, for this video I totally get your concern.

3)I don't like the way he titled that Frieza one. I do believe that paper was actually printed in Japan, regardless it shouldn't be taken seriously given the author didn't say that himself.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Wed May 20, 2015 8:13 pm

I suppose while Xenoverse is still active and releasing new content with the DLC packs, there's no need to rush into announcing a new game. I'm sure there will already be plans in place though. With Super coming out, we will most likely have content in from that. Maybe they want to wait to see 'Super' so that they can work on material from that for Xenoverse 2 or something.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 21, 2015 5:09 am

I don't think that there will be another DLC for Super besides the third one.
Only maybe some more updates or online events in the future maybe.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu May 21, 2015 1:25 pm

TheGameTagerZ wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
TheGameTagerZ wrote: Mind naming some examples? It's easy to call out people, but I'm curious to know what exactly was false that he spread because I've been digging around and couldn't find anything.
1)The tenkaichi thing they actually spoke to Namco rep who was already in Japan anyway it wasn't just some bs click bait video. Namco is just extremely slow at getting back to them on that. They specifically asked him to gauge some interest though.

2)As for the SSGSS thing. I remember this video I immediately went to him and told him that was the correct name. I guess he assumed since the movie didn't say anything on it that he went with this. So, for this video I totally get your concern.

3)I don't like the way he titled that Freeza one. I do believe that paper was actually printed in Japan, regardless it shouldn't be taken seriously given the author didn't say that himself.
The point is that a lot of people take a lot of the speculative crap that comes out of their mouths as fact and run with it. Even when they finish their sentences saying that it's nothing confirmed or that it's what they think might've/could've been.

I'm sure that, if someone tells them this and asks them to stop doing it, their response will be something along the lines of "the point of the video is just to discuss ideas and opinions with the community" or that "it's just to think about interesting possibilities" or whatever they bullshit excuse they came up for themselves to justify what they do and make up to get more views.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu May 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Hope there isn't.. Let em take their time. Remember that's one of the most important factors with these DB games.. Well any game really..
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu May 21, 2015 5:05 pm

I think it would be great if they brought back Super Dragonball Z, upped the resolution to HD, added online versus matches, then distributed it through Steam, Playstation Network, and Xbox Live, and called it a day for 2016. You know, because it would be so "Super" to re-release a vintage title of that caliber as a downloadable tie-in to Dragonball Z and Dragonball Super with the combined title? No? Well, a guy can dream, I suppose.

Seriously though, I'm sure something will be announced later in the year. Nothing to worry about in the meantime.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..