No DBZ game for 2016?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: No DBZ game for 2016?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:32 pm

What if they end up doing Raging Blast 2 remaster for the PS4 and XO? PS3 and 360 games have been known to be remaster before on the new generation consoles.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu May 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if they end up doing Raging Blast 2 remaster for the PS4 and XO? PS3 and 360 games have been known to be remaster before on the new generation consoles.
I would be alright with that, if they do go down that path.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if they end up doing Raging Blast 2 remaster for the PS4 and XO? PS3 and 360 games have been known to be remaster before on the new generation consoles.
Meh. If there's any game that needs a remaster it's Super Dragon Ball Z. That, or Tenkaichi 2 & 3.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri May 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Looking at the list of games that have been getting that treatment, it's kinda funny to imagine Raging Blast 2 in that list. It just wasn't that much of a hit (at all) to get such a treatment.

Besides, can you imagine the backlash of people that want Sparking! Meteor HD if Bandai Namco went with Raging Blast 2 instead? They're dumb, but they're not stupid.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:51 pm

What Namco Bandai has in plans for E3.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/04/ ... -be-there/
Bandai Namco:

Action > PC/Windows
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
Adventure > Xbox One
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
Fighting / Wrestling > Xbox One
Free-to-play > PC/Windows
Racing > PC/Windows
Racing > Sony Playstation 4
Racing > Xbox One
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Simulation > PC/Windows
Simulation > Sony Playstation 4
Simulation > Xbox One
The fighting game is likely Tekken 7. There's a action and adventure game listed for the PS4, XO and Windows which could be anything. The racing game is likely a Ridge Racer game though.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Fri May 22, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What Namco Bandai has in plans for E3.
Bandai Namco:

Action > PC/Windows
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Xbox One
Racing > PC/Windows
Racing > Xbox One
Simulation > PC/Windows
Simulation > Xbox One
The fighting game is likely Tekken 7. There's a action and adventure game listed for the PS4, XO and Windows which could be anything. The racing game is likely a Ridge Racer game though.
Tekken 7 is most likely the fighting game planned for a showcase at E3, but who knows, there could be a chance that more than one fighting game is planned to be shown at E3.

Fingers crossed. :)
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Fri May 22, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:22 pm

There's both a Action and Adventure game for both PS4, XO and PC. Those two games can be original games, or sequels to other franchises. It won't surprise me if a Ace Combat game was plan to be announced for the PS4, XO and PC.
She/Her

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 23, 2015 1:36 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:What Namco Bandai has in plans for E3.
Bandai Namco:

Action > PC/Windows
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Xbox One
Racing > PC/Windows
Racing > Xbox One
Simulation > PC/Windows
Simulation > Xbox One
Tekken 7 is most likely the fighting game planned for a showcase at E3, but who knows, there could be a chance that more than one fighting game is planned to be shown at E3.

Fingers crossed. :)
Tekken 7 might not be at E3, it took Tekken 6 2 years from it's first arcade release to it's console release and more recently it took Tag 2 a year.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:59 am

I think Tekken 7 will be out sooner then later. I think Tekken 7 is that fighting game from Namco Bandai since it's for the PS4 and XO. No PC listing anywhere and XV2 will likely be on the PC given how well the game did on Steam.
She/Her

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sat May 23, 2015 5:03 am

The fighting game can be a new Soul Calibur, their facebook page is teasing for an announcement for quite a long time.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun May 24, 2015 8:02 am

Wouldn't it make more sense to do Budokai Tenkaichi 3 HD?

In any case, I hope XV2 doesn't release next year (or if it does, that it releases right near the end of 2016). I don't want them to rush out a sequel just because XV is selling really well. Maybe BT3 HD in Early 2016 (or just sometime in 2016, I don't care) could ease the gap, assuming they wait until 2017 (preferably Late 2017 if a hypothetical BT3 HD is released at anytime in 2016).

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:35 pm

It depends if they can remaster Sparking Meteor/Tenkachi 3 on the PS4 and XO or not. It seems like game developers like remasting PS3 and 360 games into 1080p. If we get a HD remaster of Sparking Meteor then it will likely be a digital downloadable title. I can't see them doing a collection like they did Budokai 1 & 3 unless they try to put Tenkachi Tag Team into the mix.
She/Her

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun May 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I say if they ever make an HD Collection of PS2 titles again they should include Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Super DBZ and Infinite World and add online to all of them. Not only do they bring the best versions of each type of game, all types of fans get to play what they like.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:04 pm

I'm not sure if they will ever put IW given how that game was generally disliked. Tenkachi 3 is more popular then Super DBZ given how that game was made towards a niche group of fans while Tenkachi 3 is more popular and mainstream with casuals.
She/Her

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun May 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm not sure if they will ever put IW given how that game was generally disliked. Tenkachi 3 is more popular then Super DBZ given how that game was made towards a niche group of fans while Tenkachi 3 is more popular and mainstream with casuals.
That's why putting all of them in would be the greatest move ever. People would buy the collection for BT3 due to recognition and get to play the other 2. It's a win-win situation for the fans.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon May 25, 2015 8:02 am

No announcements during the summer of 2015 =/= no new games in 2016.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 am

Why would those need a remaster? Do some of you people think before you post?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 26, 2015 8:04 am

donkeyjack wrote:
Why are you so incredibly rude out of nowhere for no reason what-so-ever? This is beyond inappropriate, and we're not going to stand for it.

Plenty of last-generation games have received the "remaster" treatment (The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto 5, DmC, Borderlands 2, Metro 2033, etc.). It was weird enough for a Dragon Ball game in the PS3/360 generation to get a previous-generation HD version, so nothing's out of the realm of possibility this generation, either.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 am

VegettoEX wrote:
donkeyjack wrote:
Why are you so incredibly rude out of nowhere for no reason what-so-ever? This is beyond inappropriate, and we're not going to stand for it.

Plenty of last-generation games have received the "remaster" treatment (The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto 5, DmC, Borderlands 2, Metro 2033, etc.). It was weird enough for a Dragon Ball game in the PS3/360 generation to get a previous-generation HD version, so nothing's out of the realm of possibility this generation, either.
Final Fantasy X just got remastered last year, and now that remaster is getting "remastered."
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue May 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Wait, did someone just rely on that youtube kid rhymestyle that thinks he's some veteran expert that also constantly makes up rumors? lol k

As for 2016? I'm sure we'll get an announcement next year but not a release (well console release, there's always some type pf new DBZ game coming out ie. handhelds, mobile, etc).
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community