No hope for Ozotto?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

No hope for Ozotto?

Post by Xeogran » Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 am

Hatchiyack got brought back to recent Dragon Ball media. I suppose he comes from a more it's that he came from a more known (yet still obscure) source.

Ozotto has a pretty cool design and abilities but I suppose there isn't much else regarding to him.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: No hope for Ozotto?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 26, 2015 8:02 am

Anything's possible with Heroes these days, it seems.

At least with Hatchihyack, he DID have several appearances, even if they were all technically from the same "product" (the original Famicom game, the Playdia games, and the two VHS volumes). The video footage was also collected on the Japanese Dragon Box, so that was something else.

Ozotto, though? Just the one time, and only in arcades! Never say never, though, I guess.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 26, 2015 8:26 am

VegettoEX wrote:Ozotto, though? Just the one time, and only in arcades! Never say never, though, I guess.
We can probably give him a little extra credit for his mention on Chapter 429's title page, but I'm not sure that'll save him from obscurity.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Does the people within Bandai even remember Ozotto? He's was in one video game from over 20 years ago and was never reference or seen again. Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans was later put on VHS and DVD later on from what I can remember. So with Hatchihyack, I think most Japanese fans seen PTETS when it came out on home video.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Out of curiosity, was Ozotto ever "properly" animated, even if it was in a game opening or a commercial?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue May 26, 2015 10:41 pm

There's probably about a hundred obscure characters that could potentially return... a dozen or so from video games alone. Anything's possible, technically.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Ozotto, though? Just the one time, and only in arcades! Never say never, though, I guess.
We can probably give him a little extra credit for his mention on Chapter 429's title page, but I'm not sure that'll save him from obscurity.
Wait what?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 26, 2015 10:45 pm

The S wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:We can probably give him a little extra credit for his mention on Chapter 429's title page, but I'm not sure that'll save him from obscurity.
Wait what?
It's nothing spectacular or anything. The title page just has a little promotional plug for the VRVS arcade game, with one bullet mentioning players can face off against Ozotto.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Wed May 27, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

That reminds me how I thought that Mira and Towa would never reappear since they were from a PC-only, online game that hasn't even made it's way to Japan before being shut down. And now look what happened (luckily so).

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Well, but Ozotto is really kind of obscure character. DB Online was quite popular in it's community and was recent. Hachihyakku was in Playdia ''game'', NES Game and two VHS ''walktroughs'' (Well, techncially in the second only).
Ozotto was this really weird looking character, that immidiately formed into your character, so he didn't had any of his attacks, just weird colour mashup. Correct me if I have the facts wrong.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu May 28, 2015 8:44 am

VegettoEX wrote:Anything's possible with Heroes these days, it seems.

At least with Hatchihyack, he DID have several appearances, even if they were all technically from the same "product" (the original Famicom game, the Playdia games, and the two VHS volumes). The video footage was also collected on the Japanese Dragon Box, so that was something else.

Ozotto, though? Just the one time, and only in arcades! Never say never, though, I guess.
The Heroes thing is true, but with Super coming soon I think most of the updates for the game in the foreseeable future will be Super related. Who knows though.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 30, 2015 11:56 am

MCDaveG wrote: Ozotto was this really weird looking character, that immidiately formed into your character, so he didn't had any of his attacks, just weird colour mashup. Correct me if I have the facts wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSJEEncKaQ

Not instantly, as he transforms for a certain period of time and then reverts back.