What features would you like to see in "Sparking 2"

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Silent_Rage

What features would you like to see in "Sparking 2"

Post by Silent_Rage » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:08 am

I was wondering what new features you would all like to see in BT2.

I personally always thought of this game as more of a 3rd person shooter than a fighting game. So here are the new features I would want:

- More than 2 people in an arena at once. Maybe around 16.
- Larger arenas. Some indoor.
- Usual features in 1st person shooters like CTF, deathmatch, remaining lives DM, ect.
- This cool feature that I thought of, where one person would be extremely strong and would have to take on multiple enemies.
- Maybe two players could fuse in-game.
- More characters. Maybe I'm being a little greedy but maybe every person that's ever fought in Dragon Ball history. :wink:
- Minor improvements on the controls.
- True power level increases. Like somebody level 3 can't even scratch somebody on level 98.
- New Japanese music instead of reusing old game music.

I would want it to be on the PS3 and XBOX360, so that it can handle all of this data and processing power, aswell. That's all I can think of for now.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:27 am

In addition to what you said, I'd like to have a snow-covered arena like the one in Budoukai 2. Maybe even other weather varients like rain or fog that could affect the battle.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:29 am

Everything you listed so far is something I definatly want to see SR, especially the multiple fighters idea.

1. More fighters, especially giant warriors such as Ma Jr, Golden Ozarus, Janemba first form, and so on.

2. Multiple costumes for all characters just like in Budokai 3.

3. Keep ALL the previous fighters, and add more transformations. Bojack, Broli, and Coola should get their default forms.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:39 am

What a Sparking Sequel needs:
-TRANSFORMATIONS!!!!
-Same battle system
-More characters, like Fat Janemba or Golden Oozaru
-Online capabilities
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Oh man! I forgot about online. That would be good even though I probably wouldn't do it often.

I would be against in-game transformations because that just makes the game unbalanced. Some characters could just transform and be more powerful while others can't.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:18 pm

I want a create-a-character mode, in-game transformations, online capabilities, and a PC port :D

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:26 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I want... ...a PC port :D
Whoot! DragonBall for PC!

Hallelujah, I've finally found someone else who wants that...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:28 pm

Travel all around the dragonball world instead of selecting the arena.

Real REAL time battle damage.

The Ki system changed. (No more powering up renewing energy garbage).
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Since it's for PS3:

-Online play
-Downloadable updates

Game itself:

-Customizable camera
-Multiple costumes
-More characters (Tao Pai Pai was awesome, what other randomnss can they bring to the table?)
-In-game transformations (Like in the Budokai games, not as separate characters.)
-NekoMajin bonuses (Z as a playable character?)
Last edited by SonGokuGT on Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:54 pm

Some dang actual "What If?" characters and storylines. It seems we get less and less of these as time goes on.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:54 pm

-No in-game transformations, but bring back the capsule system for attacks/equipment.

-At least BT's cast, maybe a few more.

-Some fucking AWESOME power-up effects, esp. in pre-game movie. If I'm playing, say, SSj2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta, have the intro to the fight be them powering up from to SSj2 and rocks and grass and dirt and sparks and FWOOSH! AHAHAHAHA!

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:23 pm

-Better cutscenes
-Online play
-About 4-8 players in the arena at once in online play
-Multi-platform connectivity (EX: I have a PS3 and I go online, but one of my friends has a revolution, and another has a Xbox 360 but we can all play together online anyways)
-PC port
-If it's on the Revo, then I would like to see the game take advantage of the controller
-Voice Chat (when you talk, the characters mouth moves too)
-With online play, if another person is at your house, than both of you could go online through the same system using Split Screen
-Capsule System
-REAL power level system
-FULLY destructible and FULLY explorable maps
-Maps that are actually in proportion, meaning your not as tall as a building, and cars aren't only as big as your feet.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Here's one noone's said yet: "Manga Mode".

An option to switch between the cel-shaded 'anime' style and a black-and-white 'manga' style. It wouldn't affect gameplay at all, just change colours to screen tones, and make auras opaque instead of transparent.

And I'm still pulling for some RPG-esque statistics, so my Gohan is stronger than your Gohan :D

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Pull out those little known but useful techniques. For example:

Don't give Kamesen'nin multiple Kamehamehas. Make one of them his "Bangkok Surprise Prize" that he zapped Goku with at the 21st Budokai.

Give Videl some kind of ki attack. Even if it's a Kamehameha, you can say Gohan taught her, and make it half-power or something.

Throw in lots more characters from the Dragonball days. Black in Battle Jacket, Akkuman...

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:40 pm

Continued

In-game transformations (and the ability to shift back and forth through transformations).

-idea-
If you die in battle with an online team, your fellow friends have to go round and search the planet for the Dragonballs to wish you back. Meantime you'll be in Paradise or Hell with all the other dead online players. depending if your good or bad.

Every so often there would be an online tournament where you can compete and the winner has many bonus choices.
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:09 pm

16 people? Bad idea, most Dragonball fights are duels between just two people. It wouldn't be within the spirit of Dragonball to have 16 people flying around a stage.

I just want in-game transformations, possibly the capsule system being carried over from the Budokai games and even more stage interactivity. I'll be most happy then. Oh and a long haired Yamucha.
Edit: And indeed, more Dragonball characters. Heck, a Dragonball gameplay mode (with for example, far less specials and no flying) would be interesting.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:39 pm

DBZ MAN wrote:Continued

In-game transformations (and the ability to shift back and forth through transformations).

-idea-
If you die in battle with an online team, your fellow friends have to go round and search the planet for the Dragonballs to wish you back. Meantime you'll be in Paradise or Hell with all the other dead online players. depending if your good or bad.

Every so often there would be an online tournament where you can compete and the winner has many bonus choices.
Bingo! Hey, you really need to post this kind of stuff on Atari's forums; at least you'll stand a chance of having them noticed by the people who could make this possible. Anyway, transforming back and forth is a great idea.

I'd rather wait a few years for a quality Dragonball Z game than having it feel rushed and incomplete after a few months. With the same ol' music.
Last edited by Steven Perry on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:34 pm

No, posting on the Atari forums is quite pointless. Seeing as they aren't making the game, merely publishing it outside of Japan.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:56 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Here's one noone's said yet: "Manga Mode".

An option to switch between the cel-shaded 'anime' style and a black-and-white 'manga' style. It wouldn't affect gameplay at all, just change colours to screen tones, and make auras opaque instead of transparent.

And I'm still pulling for some RPG-esque statistics, so my Gohan is stronger than your Gohan :D
I kinda like that idea! Kind of like the Steamboat Willie world in Kingdom Hearts II! They could also add manga sound effects like they did in the Naruto: Narultimate Hero games! I bet it's just wishful thinking though... good idea nontheless!

'lo Legends
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 'lo Legends » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:22 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Here's one noone's said yet: "Manga Mode".

Wow, that would actually be unbeliveably awesome.

I can just imagine smashing someone into a mountain, with a huge "DO~N" sound effect exploding into the air!

And the toning thing, black/white, it would be amazing, like playing the manga! and it probably wouldn't be THAT hard for PS3...
Random Fact: "If Freeza used a watering can on Piccolo, he would turn into a tree. FACT."