"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:09 pm

What's so weird to me is...have we EVER had his swords get censored before? Pretty sure it was still a sword in the Legacy of Goku games, and those came out at the height of 'DB is a really popular show for kids'.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:50 pm

So I just heard about the censorship and wanted to give my two cents.

I'm of two minds about the issue: it's a really dumb change but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game in any significant way. (The spotty translation has done a better job at that.)

However, I don't think Bandai should just get off scot-free with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting any kind of boycott or anything. Fusions is incredibly fun and I think everyone who likes Dragon Ball should snatch it up. But if Bandai is allowed to change this where will it stop? Will we reach a point where we can't use the kid characters cause that's child endangerment?

Ultimately, I'm very curious to find out the reason for this change. I think many people would appreciate some transparency from Bandai and for them to explain themselves. I personally think there's some other country outside the USA that amps up the rating of games that have swords or something. So Bandai likely just made one international version and just tried to cover their bases. But who knows.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:06 am

Still really want that Top Dog title....and grinding for your RNG chance for a character isn't too fun. But Vegeta's Godlike Big Bang might as well be called the "Everyone Dies!" button. It's so powerful and has so much coverage, it pretty much kills everyone...especially mooks.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:19 am

Which EX-Fusion is it for?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 am

alakazam^ wrote:Which EX-Fusion is it for?
Blueku and Bluegeta with CAC. I'm working on getting the previous forms, but I have to get that title too...whatever it is.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:59 am

You have to beat all the daily tournaments.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:23 am

That sword censorship is so bizarre. I'd like to know the story behind why they did it. Especially when obvious mainstream sword-wielding games like the Zelda franchise exist.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:53 am

alakazam^ wrote:You have to beat all the daily tournaments.
Ah so that's how it is...somehow I thought as much....am I able to move the clock forward...or will Jaco reprehend me for controlling the game?

Also how is everyone getting good pictures of their 3DS footage?

TheMohawkAndroid

Post by TheMohawkAndroid » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:11 am

Hmm...US is really only sensitive about sex and religion...kid shows I watch with my niece can be pretty grim or violent at times. I hear Germany and Australia get pretty zealous with censorship...hmm. Probably murrica.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Also how is everyone getting good pictures of their 3DS footage?
This is the trick I was told and that I used:

Hit the Home button, open up Miiverse, post a screenshot to your Play Journal, open up your Play Journal on your computer, save the picture.
Trunks & Goten forever

Xiao Long Li

Post by Xiao Long Li » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:55 pm

The sword censorship is exactly what happens when people cherry-pick what forms of censorship to get upset by instead of saying no to it altogether. lol Can't wait until we get a localized Dragon Ball game where we see Trunks cutting Freeza in half with a stick.
Last edited by Xiao Long Li on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 pm

TheMohawkAndroid wrote:Hmm...US is really only sensitive about sex and religion...kid shows I watch with my niece can be pretty grim or violent at times. I hear Germany and Australia get pretty zealous with censorship...hmm. Probably murrica.
I really doubt the censorship was made for America. T games here can have swords...

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:33 am

Considering this is an International version and not an American version, the censoring of swords make a bit more sense... but that begs the question, what country out there censors swords but not guns or swearing?

Anyways, I got the game a few days ago and I am having a blast!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:49 am

Grinding for people is really annoying. You always have to fight to open rifts...so it gets tedious trying over and over and then having Mecha Goku, fusions, or some other crap you can't even recruit waste your time. I could understand if it's already recruited people, but some stuff is just a complete waste of time that shows up.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:29 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Considering this is an International version and not an American version, the censoring of swords make a bit more sense... but that begs the question, what country out there censors swords but not guns or swearing?

Anyways, I got the game a few days ago and I am having a blast!
The only thing I can think about was a sword attack last year in Sweden that left 3 wounded and 2 dead.
dbzfan7 wrote:Grinding for people is really annoying. You always have to fight to open rifts...so it gets tedious trying over and over and then having Mecha Goku, fusions, or some other crap you can't even recruit waste your time. I could understand if it's already recruited people, but some stuff is just a complete waste of time that shows up.
Actually, some recruited people seem to be eliminated from rotation after being recruited, although others stay. It makes recruiting the Ginyu force, for example, much easier than if it was all random. You also can do the battles, open the rift, but aterwards rather than entering into it go into some location (aside from the spaceship). You can save the game there. When you come out, the rifts still will be around. You'll just need to charge energy to fuse and open them again (They need to be open before you go into the location though, otherwise they just disappear).

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:48 am

Neon Z wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Grinding for people is really annoying. You always have to fight to open rifts...so it gets tedious trying over and over and then having Mecha Goku, fusions, or some other crap you can't even recruit waste your time. I could understand if it's already recruited people, but some stuff is just a complete waste of time that shows up.
Actually, some recruited people seem to be eliminated from rotation after being recruited, although others stay. It makes recruiting the Ginyu force, for example, much easier than if it was all random. You also can do the battles, open the rift, but aterwards rather than entering into it go into some location (aside from the spaceship). You can save the game there. When you come out, the rifts still will be around. You'll just need to charge energy to fuse and open them again (They need to be open before you go into the location though, otherwise they just disappear).
You don't have to complete battles either. I've been able to open all rifts from fleeing. I commend anyone actually playing through every fight for these events! You don't have to do that if you don't want to. The notification will blink regardless, to my knowledge. If a particular rift requires fighting to open it, I'm unaware of it.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 am

I just saw this in the Spanish website and thought that maybe European version wouldn't be censored. Then I checked the American website and saw exactly the same screen shot.

Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
Neon Z wrote:
You don't have to complete battles either. I've been able to open all rifts from fleeing. I commend anyone actually playing through every fight for these events! You don't have to do that if you don't want to. The notification will blink regardless, to my knowledge. If a particular rift requires fighting to open it, I'm unaware of it.
Thanks guys this really helped. I now just quit reload everytime I don't get who I want.

Also fleeing doesn't open rifts. You have to win at least two or three fights before the save reload trick can be done.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:06 pm

I have achieved the legendary state of....

SUPER SAIYAN 4 SUPER SAIYAN!

It looks like the fanfiction SSJ4 people wanted XD

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 pm

So what's better. Higher move damage, or lower move damage with special stat bonus?