"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DasMuse » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 pm

I added EX Gogeta to my team today... I have the god rank soul punisher I've been saving hoping EX Gogeta could use it, and I gotta say I'm not surprised, but still disappointed he cannot... Does anyone know if there is a main DB character in the game that can learn it since regular Gogeta isn't a scoutable character? It feels like a waste giving it to a random character.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:22 am

Nope, it can only be used by fusion dance Gogeta and a couple of generic game original characters. Same goes even to some of the new original fusion techniques, like the Death Spirit Bomb - only generic fusions (or a Streetpass/Freeform one) is able to use it.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:53 pm

So did the multiplayer mode that was added to Japan make it so you can battle anyone online instead of just local?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:This guy's backstory is so f***ed up.

Post Universal Tournament story arc in bound!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Goku14

Post by Goku14 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:32 am

I just got this game its fun so far so any body can be used in a fusion? that's cool I love the idea I just need my fav chars
can any body tell me where i can find pan ingame?

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:16 am

Goku14 wrote:I just got this game its fun so far so any body can be used in a fusion? that's cool I love the idea I just need my fav chars
can any body tell me where i can find pan ingame?
Pan is a main character in the game, she'll be added to your team as the story progresses.

Your CaC can be fused with anyone in the game, but there are requirements depending on who you want to fuse with. Most base versions of the main characters (Goku, Vegeta, Trunks etc.) can fuse with other main characters too, but only with specific characters. Every different form of a character is a separate entity in the game, for instance There are 2 forms of base Goku, in his whis gear, and goku from the beginning of DBZ, and all the super saiyan forms are separate too. Your CaC can fuse with the SS versions of the main cast, but they can't be fused with anyone else, just the base forms seem to be able to fuse with others.

A good portion of the characters in game were created just for the game, and while you can fuse with any of them, they also can only fuse with certain characters.

There are streetpass fusions too, but I haven't gotten into that yet so I don't know much about it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Is there a way to tell if anyone is recruitable before going into a battle. I am thinking of getting all the OC characters, but I don't want to go through a bunch of battles where there is no one to collect.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Is there a way to tell if anyone is recruitable before going into a battle. I am thinking of getting all the OC characters, but I don't want to go through a bunch of battles where there is no one to collect.
I don't think you can predict the team cycles before engaging rifts or pursuing NPCs. That's great information if it's possible.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Is there a way to tell if anyone is recruitable before going into a battle. I am thinking of getting all the OC characters, but I don't want to go through a bunch of battles where there is no one to collect.
I don't think you can predict the team cycles before engaging rifts or pursuing NPCs. That's great information if it's possible.
Kirran on the Fusions stream from way back seemed to suggest you could. I'm also talking about OC's and not official characters as I already have those.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:21 am

You can't know if someone is recruitable unless you engage them in battle but every team is fixed so you can just run if you don't find the one you want. There are some teams that spawn after others are defeated, though.

Deo

Post by Deo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 am

So has anyone been able to recruit Raditz or Nappa before the phase to gather the dragon balls?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 am

Has anyone figured out a way to trick the clock so you can finish all the quizzes and daily tournaments in one day?

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 pm

I just ran into a non-scoutable "Gohanks : Future" is Future Gohan in the game or is this a one off character?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:59 pm

DasMuse wrote:I just ran into a non-scoutable "Gohanks : Future" is Future Gohan in the game or is this a one off character?
Future Gohan isn't in the game. Gohanks: Future along with a Future Trunks + Tapion (also not in the game) fusion, a Goku + Beerus fusion, and a Mr. Satan + Great Saiyaman fusion are all unlockable via QR codes in the Japanese version.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:16 am

It's really bugging me to not have heard a damn thing about this games DLC. I want all that new stuff from JPN. There's so much Xenoverse 2 news and coverage, but hardly a peep from this game.

Kinglo53

Post by Kinglo53 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:12 am

If like me you imported the Japanese version of the game; maybe you can shed some light on an issue I'm having. When I imported the game I didn't have a Japanese 3ds so like so many people out there I looked into homebrew... and I got to enjoy the game. However I have since bought a Japanese 3ds. Here's where my issues lies. I bought the NA version of the game for my NA 3ds and for some reason I can't get my two 3ds to streetpass my registered characters. At first the streetpass did work, but it was weird because it did the streetpass on itself. I had forgot to delete the streetpass data for my Japanese version of the game from my NA 3ds. I hope this isn't confusing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:51 am

dbzfan7 wrote:It's really bugging me to not have heard a damn thing about this games DLC. I want all that new stuff from JPN. There's so much Xenoverse 2 news and coverage, but hardly a peep from this game.
It's going to be a single free update for the localized version, rather than a paid season pass like Xenoverse. We'll likely only have news when that update is ready to be released, and that likely only will happen when these monthly updates for the Japanese version stop. If there's no new announcement in this month's V-Jump, then we might start waiting for news about the update for the West.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Neon Z wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:It's really bugging me to not have heard a damn thing about this games DLC. I want all that new stuff from JPN. There's so much Xenoverse 2 news and coverage, but hardly a peep from this game.
It's going to be a single free update for the localized version, rather than a paid season pass like Xenoverse. We'll likely only have news when that update is ready to be released, and that likely only will happen when these monthly updates for the Japanese version stop. If there's no new announcement in this month's V-Jump, then we might start waiting for news about the update for the West.
Yeah I know but it's taking forever, and news about the game has gone completely quiet. Meanwhile Xenoverse 2 has news all the time.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:42 pm

XV2 mostly had a near-simultaneous, worldwide launch though, and they're serving up hundreds of thousands more players across three different platforms (PS4, XBO, PC).

Fusions is going to suffer a little in that regard from its staggered international release; remember that the European version still isn't out yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:XV2 mostly had a near-simultaneous, worldwide launch though, and they're serving up hundreds of thousands more players across three different platforms (PS4, XBO, PC).

Fusions is going to suffer a little in that regard from its staggered international release; remember that the European version still isn't out yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I know it's coming...but there hasn't even been a peep since it released in the NA. But yeah there still is the AU/EU versions which haven't released yet. That's gonna be a while, and I hope it doesn't take that long to get the update.