"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Dragon Ball Fusions for Nintendo 3DS

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 22, 2016 2:09 am

It's definitely Bebi, but I don't think we can say it's his adult form thanks to the SD style. I think the safer bet would to say it's the "teen" version that possessed Goten, since that's the more common form.

Whether the Bebi infections will be a thing in this game (or others like Boo's absorptions), the potential fusions with him will likely result into something similar to his Vegeta/Janenba/Hatchihyack infections.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 22, 2016 3:00 am

Bebi Cell and Bebi Freeza would be totally cool. I hope we will see them in the game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 22, 2016 3:33 am

This game looks SO GOOD. I mean there's already so much of stuff to do in it, and yet we still barely know how the actual fights look like.

Compared to Support Butouden which had merely a few playable characters, this is a huge improvement.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Sun May 22, 2016 5:15 am

Vegeyamcha cracked me up. I need this game so badly.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Bran is finally a thing yes. Totally called for her inclusion

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun May 22, 2016 6:14 pm

I've made an album of all the new stuff the commercial showed off.

From what I can gather from past info and this commercial, this is the roster at the moment:
  • Tekka
  • Pinich
  • Kid Goku
  • Goku (Z and Super outfits)
  • SSJ Goku
  • SSJ4 Goku
  • SSJB Goku
  • Kid Gohan
  • Teen Gohan
  • Future Gohan?
  • Gohan
  • Great Saiyaman
  • Goten
  • Pan
  • Vegeta (Saiyan, Buu and Super outfits)
  • SSJB Vegeta
  • Future Trunks
  • Kid Trunks
  • Bra
  • Piccolo
  • Krillin
  • Yamcha
  • Tien
  • Chiaotzu
  • Mr. Satan
  • Videl
  • Great Saiyaman II
  • Pikkon
  • Kibitoshin
  • Uub
  • Beerus
  • Whis
  • King Piccolo
  • Raditz
  • Nappa
  • Saibamen
  • Bardock
  • Nail
  • Ginyu
  • Jeice
  • Burter
  • Recoome
  • Guido
  • Frieza
  • Lapis
  • Lazuli
  • Dr. Gero
  • Cell
  • Dabura
  • Majin Buu
  • Kid Buu
  • Jaco
  • Cooler
  • Janemba
  • Baby
  • Nuova Shenron
  • Omega Shenron
The character select screen is divided into pages of 12 characters each, and we saw 3 pages which was half of the characters listed on the known roster, and judging the by the scroll bar in the trailer, it seemed to have skipped a page.

Trying to measure how the scroll bar goes, it seems that the character select screen might have at least 10 pages, 12 at most.

That means this game might have between 120 to 144 characters, all of which should be fusible. I'd be doubting my speculation at the moment, but considering the fact that BRA is playable, I think this RPG might have a neat roster.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:The character select screen is divided into pages of 12 characters each, and we saw 3 pages which was half of the characters listed on the known roster, and judging the by the scroll bar in the trailer, it seemed to have skipped a page.

Trying to measure how the scroll bar goes, it seems that the character select screen might have at least 10 pages, 12 at most.

That means this game might have between 120 to 144 characters, all of which should be fusible. I'd be doubting my speculation at the moment, but considering the fact that BRA is playable, I think this RPG might have a neat roster.
You missed Tullece in that trailer's group shot, and Broli.

The scroll bar could be irrelevant for determining roster size at this point. The character card things on those "pages" are numbered, apparently sequentially. The first page alone goes from #000 to #042. Seeing how there are only 12 character on that page, a lot of them are obviously missing. It's entirely possible that those pages only show off obtained characters, thus expanding the count and how the scroll bar moves.

Though I guess it's possible that the pages are all available and fill up, shifting all the characters as you obtain them.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun May 22, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun May 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Shit, I did forget Turles, didn't I... Anyways, if what you're saying is the case, then this roster might be MIGHTY!

Since those character codes go by "No. 000" (000 being our CAC), then that means we're definitely going into the triple digits. How far into the triple digits has yet to be seen.

Also, do y'all know what this article says?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Someone please translate the scan.

NothiaBlue

Post by NothiaBlue » Mon May 23, 2016 1:29 am

Holy crap, those fusions.
Pleasantly surprised to see a Pan and Bra fusion.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon May 23, 2016 1:43 am

I'm so fucking glad that SSB Goku "code" is not the only way to unlock him in the game. Preorder/day one editions exclusive content are bullshit.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 23, 2016 1:48 am

As much as Vegecha (Yameta?)'s hair makes me cringe, it is balanced out by the hilarity and wonder of Mr. Buutan.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon May 23, 2016 7:46 am

Alruneia wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:I'm a little shocked they haven't done a Pan Bra fusion yet.
Bran~
The fact that they have GT Pan in the game makes me sad. I prefer EoZ Pan. If I could see Bran, though, I'd be so happy even with GT designs. To my knowledge, Bulla has never been playable in any video game (bar making her your avatar in Xenoverse like I did), so it's unlikely, but there's a first time for everything.
First time has arrived!
I'm sold. Like I said, I don't really care if it's with GT designs, because it's Bran! Playable Bulla and Bran, it's perfect! I wonder what their movesets are like?
All I need now is to know if it'll come to the west or not. Probably not, but a girl can hope.

also Buutan... or whatever, Herbuule, looks extremely weird
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 am

ZombieVito wrote:I'm so fucking glad that SSB Goku "code" is not the only way to unlock him in the game. Preorder/day one editions exclusive content are bullshit.
Especially when they don't become available later down the line.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon May 23, 2016 8:50 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Shit, I did forget Turles, didn't I... Anyways, if what you're saying is the case, then this roster might be MIGHTY!

Since those character codes go by "No. 000" (000 being our CAC), then that means we're definitely going into the triple digits. How far into the triple digits has yet to be seen.

Also, do y'all know what this article says?

There's nothing new except specifying the Maxi Fusion is between the protagonist and 4 characters, the rest just summarizes what we already know about the game.

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Mon May 23, 2016 6:41 pm

alakazam^ wrote: There's nothing new except specifying the Maxi Fusion is between the protagonist and 4 characters, the rest just summarizes what we already know about the game.
That was already mentioned in last month's V-Jump scan.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Hate to be that guy who asks, but is there anywhere that's got the new fusions (the one's we've seen art of anyway) catalogued? I haven't yet seen the new trailer either, if that's where they're coming from, and I'm really curious to see what some of these guys (and gals in the case of Bran) look like.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon May 23, 2016 8:00 pm

I wonder if the Maxi Fusion will always look like that, or if it will be different depending on the character race or who you fuse with.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Sandubadear wrote:I wonder if the Maxi Fusion will always look like that, or if it will be different depending on the character race or who you fuse with.
I'm assuming that there is one maxi fusion based on the race of your playable character.

NothiaBlue

Post by NothiaBlue » Mon May 23, 2016 11:56 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:I wonder if the Maxi Fusion will always look like that, or if it will be different depending on the character race or who you fuse with.
I'm assuming that there is one maxi fusion based on the race of your playable character.
That actually makes sense. It'd clean up a heck of a mess if you've got a team where no one person's the same race as another; just base them off the created character.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)