"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Dragon Ball Fusions for Nintendo 3DS

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 24, 2016 12:27 am

My only problem with that would be the fusion potentially looking too "human" if you've got a Saiyan player character, and are fusing with Freeza, Cell, Boo and Beerus. Not saying that combination would actually be possible, as they've advertised since day one that fusion partners need to be "compatible", but you get the point.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue May 24, 2016 9:10 am

Doesn't seem to have been posted here yet, but I noticed on the main site we've gotten cover art now.

I'm a bit conflicted on it. On the one hand, I like it. It's kind of busy, but in a fun, active way. Definitely feeling it more than I did the Extreme Butoden cover (though that one I liked at least partially for seeing some characters on the cover that we pretty much never see on covers). At the same time though, I could do without Karoly being so big and shoved to the side like that. I'd also prefer they didn't have doubles of the MC/Pan/Goten/Trunks team.

Still really hoping we get this game over here though.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 24, 2016 10:45 am

Having a single fusion on the cover is kinda lame for a game called FUSIONS.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue May 24, 2016 10:55 am

It's a shame that we'll never get an English version. If they were going to localize it I think they would announce it at the same time as they did the Japanese version, just like Xenoverse.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

SaiyaSith wrote:It's a shame that we'll never get an English version. If they were going to localize it I think they would announce it at the same time as they did the Japanese version, just like Xenoverse.
Not necessarily. It is a handheld after all.
Last edited by TekTheNinja on Tue May 24, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

SaiyaSith wrote:It's a shame that we'll never get an English version. If they were going to localize it I think they would announce it at the same time as they did the Japanese version, just like Xenoverse.
The portable games have pretty consistently had localizations announced quite a ways after their Japanese announcements.

Extreme Butoden was announced for Japan in February 2015 and didn't get a localization announcement until June, at which point it had already been OUT for a week in Japan!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue May 24, 2016 11:08 am

Not necessarily, Extreme Butoden was announced on February 17th and international released wasn't announced until June 23rd. Although it's not guaranteed, I'd be surprised if this doesn't see a US release, especially with the recent DB resurgence over the past couple of years. Fingers crossed, because if it is released, I'm copping myself a 3DS.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:46 pm

The Japanese Godzilla game by Bandai was out in Japan for 2 months before they announced it was coming out here.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:29 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
The Japanese Godzilla game by Bandai was out in Japan for 2 months before they announced it was coming out here.
The US release for the PS3 and PS4 Godzilla game was announce at The Game Awards in December 2014 around the same time when the game was first release in Japan. My guess that we could see something at E3 or have a US release be announce during August.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 pm

We should all tweet to Namco bandai US that we want it, to better the chances of them localizing the game (If they haven't decided already, that is). I really do need this game in my life lol.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 25, 2016 2:49 am

Official upload for that last trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbcS8SwEvsw

The character "cards" so far range from #000 with our avatar, to #95 with Jaco.

Also, the previously noted "skill tree" actually seems to be a fusion tree? Some of the characters/designs on there are hideous....
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed May 25, 2016 3:16 am

95!! That's a ton of characters for a handheld game! Also, it looks like one of the new fusions from the fusion tree is Uub X Nappa... that's an interesting combo. Also also, I just realized, Tekka/CAC is Number 000, but Pinich is Number 002. I wonder who's Number 001...

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:42 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Official upload for that last trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbcS8SwEvsw

The character "cards" so far range from #000 with our avatar, to #95 with Jaco.

Also, the previously noted "skill tree" actually seems to be a fusion tree? Some of the characters/designs on there are hideous....
I cant wait to fuse Buu with everyone.

Everyone.

EVERYONE.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed May 25, 2016 3:45 am

OH GOD YOU'RE RIGHT, POPO MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE AT BEING PLAYABLE AND FUSIBLE IN THIS GAME...

LittleGreen

Post by LittleGreen » Wed May 25, 2016 12:57 pm

MAN these fusions are really something...special. :lol:

Is it just me, or does this Freezer SSJ3 Fusion looks a bit like Boros from OPM? :D
But it looks really cool! Looks like there are many crazy and also serious/ cool Fusion Designes around.

It has to come to US and Europe!

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed May 25, 2016 4:44 pm

LittleGreen wrote:MAN these fusions are really something...special. :lol:

Is it just me, or does this Freezer SSJ3 Fusion looks a bit like Boros from OPM? :D
But it looks really cool! Looks like there are many crazy and also serious/ cool Fusion Designes around.

That one on the right looks like a fusion between Mr. Satan and.. Videl?

On the upper left it looks like a fusion between SSJ4 Goku and someone bald, Kuririn or Tenshinhan.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed May 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Doesn't seem to have been posted here yet, but I noticed on the main site we've gotten cover art now.

I'm a bit conflicted on it. On the one hand, I like it. It's kind of busy, but in a fun, active way. Definitely feeling it more than I did the Extreme Butoden cover (though that one I liked at least partially for seeing some characters on the cover that we pretty much never see on covers). At the same time though, I could do without Karoly being so big and shoved to the side like that. I'd also prefer they didn't have doubles of the MC/Pan/Goten/Trunks team.

So Borlku makes it on the Cover but not fucking Gohan ? That's a bit ridiculous.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:25 pm

soppa saia people wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Doesn't seem to have been posted here yet, but I noticed on the main site we've gotten cover art now.

So Borlku makes it on the Cover but not fucking Gohan ? That's a bit ridiculous.
Gohan hasn't been on a cover in ages.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:39 pm

soppa saia people wrote:

Because fuck Gohan :lol:. Shouldn't be in this game. He has a family dontcha know?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Wed May 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
LittleGreen wrote:MAN these fusions are really something...special. :lol:

That one on the right looks like a fusion between Mr. Satan and.. Videl?

On the upper left it looks like a fusion between SSJ4 Goku and someone bald, Kuririn or Tenshinhan.
I think that's Super Buu fused with someone. It's really hard to tell!