There's gonna be a lot of new characters in the next game.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

There's gonna be a lot of new characters in the next game.

Post by Bullza » Thu May 12, 2016 2:55 am

I mean for the next console game, not an arcade game or a portable game like Heroes but what will likely be Xenoverse 2 they can include

- Tagoma
- Shisami
- Sorbet (?)
- Champa
- Vados
- Hit
- Frost
- Cabba
- Magetta
- Botamo
- Black Goku
- Monaca (?)

And them I suppose Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10 could be included and if there's any new forms in the next arc they could be included.

On top of that I'm hoping Beerus' world is a playable stage in the next game, the setting for most the Resurrection F movie and the Nameless planet arena are in the game.

Bring back all the characters from Xenoverse 1 including the DLC ones, introduce all those above I just mentioned, maybe include a few extra characters like Android 16, Zarbon, Dabura, Cooler, Bojack etc and that's quite a start.
Last edited by Bullza on Sat May 14, 2016 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: There's gonna be a lot of new characters in the next gam

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 12, 2016 8:43 am

You forgot about the strongest new character introduced out of all of them:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 12, 2016 9:01 am

I'm actually fully expecting a 'Xenoverse 2' to very much do that, at least in part. They'd be crazy not to give us the Universe 6 team at least (and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Monaka playable too). I also feel like they'll mine the DBZ movies for plenty of stuff to do as well, especially since timeline antics would make it all the easier for them to incorporate the movies more naturally. I also kind of hope they at least dabble in Dragon Ball as well, but that's probably a bit more of a pipe dream.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Thu May 12, 2016 1:46 pm

As long as XV2 includes Mirai Trunks in his new design as well as Gine as playable characters, I'm happy.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 pm

I think all of the new characters introduced in Super will likely be in XV2. I also think the other characters that didn't make into the first game like Dabra, Zarbon, #19, Dr. Gero, Freeza's first three forms, Cell's first two forms, Coola, Janemba and SSj Gogeta should appear in XV2 as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Thu May 12, 2016 2:44 pm

Yikes I hope it isn't just Super characters in XV2. Pre-Z DB, the movies, and GT are getting snubbed. Who has never been playable in any DB game so far? Buillon/Jiggler? Upa & Bora? King Chapa, Mutaito, Mr Popo? The Spice Boys? The Saiyans from the Bardock special? Coola, Tullece, and Slug's henchmen? I wanna see guys like that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:51 pm

If Bardock's crew does get added in the sequel, I would like to see a interaction between Selypa (Fasha) and Gine in vs. mode. Frost interactions with Freeza and Coola would be cool to see as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 12, 2016 3:06 pm

I think Dimps should focus more on Dragon Ball Online stuff, bringing more characters from there. Time Breaker Bardock is a must and he could play a big role to expand the story mode.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Thu May 12, 2016 4:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:I think Dimps should focus more on Dragon Ball Online stuff, bringing more characters from there. Time Breaker Bardock is a must and he could play a big role to expand the story mode.
Agreed. Imagine a Gine vs Time Breaker Bardock interaction.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Speaking of XV2, when's the next V-Jump coming out? I expect an announcement of something good around this month or June regarding that or something else.
Lord Beerus wrote:You forgot about the strongest new character introduced out of all of them:
Imagine him being one of those secret bosses who you will fight if you fulfill extreme conditions.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 12, 2016 11:00 pm

You forgot about the strongest new character introduced out of all of them:
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they put him in there.
Yikes I hope it isn't just Super characters in XV2. Pre-Z DB, the movies, and GT are getting snubbed.
Well at least with Super characters it'd be the very first time they were in a console game. They've done Pre-Z, Movie and GT characters in several past games.

Xenoverse had plenty of GT characters though they were DLC. Hopefully they'll put Roshi in there thanks to RoF.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 am

I want to play as Monaka...
OG Dragon Ball characters would be nice.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri May 13, 2016 11:09 am

Would be neat if you could play a reenactment quest, where afterward you would unlock God Satan and God of Destruction, Beebus. :P

What if Zeno appears, but holds back by only fighting with his pinky finger? (Yet is still the strongest character in the game XD)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 am

ChahikoDBZ wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I think Dimps should focus more on Dragon Ball Online stuff, bringing more characters from there. Time Breaker Bardock is a must and he could play a big role to expand the story mode.
Agreed. Imagine a Gine vs Time Breaker Bardock interaction.
I would so be interested in seeing that. Gine needs to appear in something besides Minus anyway. (She's the only good part about DB- too imho)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 13, 2016 12:21 pm

I agree she's the only good part of Dragon Ball Minus. Gine appears in Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden and is alluded in Dragon Ball Xenoverse but you know... It's not enough for her character.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Gine can easily have a moveset developed for her using her meat cleaver as a weapon!

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Fri May 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Nejishiki wrote:Gine can easily have a moveset developed for her using her meat cleaver as a weapon!
I was thinking the same thing. :lol: Her Oozaru form would be cool to see in a Great Ape Festival quest.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 14, 2016 2:38 am

They gave Whis a moveset in Xenoverse and he hadn't done nothing more than throw a chop by that time so they could easily include Gine if they wanted to.

Was Demigra ever made playable?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 14, 2016 2:40 am

I wonder if we'll ever get a DBSuper game if we're going to have so many new/playable characters; like something that starts at BOG, goes through F, the Uni 6 tournament, and then this upcoming Future Trunks Returns arc. I could see them doing something like that for 3DS.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:20 am

Depending on just how far into development Xeno 2 is and how long it may have to go, I wont be expecting anyone post Omni King. Even then there are some possible concerns. Even if the U6 fighters such as Hit and Cabba are brought in, depending on when development began on the characters, they may not play at all like how we seem them fight in the show. A similar example is Whis in Xenoverse. It came out before Fukkatsu no F where Whis was utilizing a Wing Chun style of fighting and instead had a weird moveset that consisting of poking you with his staff.

So things such as Hit's various stances and time skipping may not even be present in his play style. Id honestly prefer the U6 tournament and its characters to be a expansion pack much like GT was for Xenoverse, if only to ensure each of the characters has a accurate and fleshed out fighting style. Again this is entirely speculation as we have no idea when and how much time Xenoverse 2 has spent in development but I list is as a possible concern all the same.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]