"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:34 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Let's hope this time we won't have horrible lip syncing like in XV.
Oh, tell me about it. And typos. Typos are even worse IMO.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Let's hope this time we won't have horrible lip syncing like in XV.
Oh, tell me about it. And typos. Typos are even worse IMO.
At least those can be fixed via modding.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:57 pm

I'd rather they fix or remove the RNG loot system. And I'd rather game sell well for being a good game and not rely on the fans to just buy it because it's a Dragon Ball game. Much as I liked the concept of XV1, it had a Lot of faults. There are two main things that I am looking for in XV2 that could be deal breaking.

1. An improved Story that continues from XV1, and doesn't simply replay the same arcs.
2. Improved combat mechanics and Online Play.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:58 pm

And hopefully Eric Vale pulls it back a little on his Trunks voice, he was pretty bad in Xenoverse.
I honestly just wish they'd replace him.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Zelvin wrote:I'd rather they fix or remove the RNG loot system. And I'd rather game sell well for being a good game and not rely on the fans to just buy it because it's a Dragon Ball game. Much as I liked the concept of XV1, it had a Lot of faults. There are two main things that I am looking for in XV2 that could be deal breaking.

1. An improved Story that continues from XV1, and doesn't simply replay the same arcs.
2. Improved combat mechanics and Online Play.
Seriously stop complaining about the RNG system, because that system is still way better than what Dragonball Online had. Come to think of it, Pokemon has a worse RNG system that XV.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Dislikes on YouTube carry no value.
Infinite Warfare is doing awful in pre-orders

http://www.itechheads.com/2016/06/infin ... emely-low/

XV2 will do fine. Call of Duty is a series that should have died after MW3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Dislikes on YouTube carry no value.
Infinite Warfare is doing awful in pre-orders

http://www.itechheads.com/2016/06/infin ... emely-low/

XV2 will do fine. Call of Duty is a series that should have died after MW3.
VGcharts has never been accurate with their numbers and should not be used as a source for data in regards to sales or pre-order numbers for video games. Hell, check out the numbers they have for Xenoverse. They're extremely under tracked.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:At least those can be fixed via modding.
For those who mod. I have it on the Xbox One, and the only game I want to mod is Budokai Tenkaichi 2, which seems unlikely. :(
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Sorry for double post, but you know what else I'm hyped for? Music! I'm hoping we'll get an even better soundtrack than Xenoverse 1, if that's possible. :shock: Also a new Cha-La Head-Cha-La would be nice, either remix by Kageyama or maybe Hero X Momoiro Clover Z? What do you guys think?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Sorry for double post, but you know what else I'm hyped for? Music! I'm hoping we'll get an even better soundtrack than Xenoverse 1, if that's possible. :shock: Also a new Cha-La Head-Cha-La would be nice, either remix by Kageyama or maybe Hero X Momoiro Clover Z? What do you guys think?
Tbh we need something else besides Cha La. It's been in the past 4 games in a row plus the Flow version is so meh compared to Kageyama. Now a new song by him would be amazing

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Tbh we need something else besides Cha La. It's been in the past 4 games in a row plus the Flow version is so meh compared to Kageyama. Now a new song by him would be amazing
Now that you mention it, yeah, we need a Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 Main Theme performed by Kageyama. And if not, Tanimoto wouldn't be so bad, I kinda like him.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Tbh we need something else besides Cha La. It's been in the past 4 games in a row plus the Flow version is so meh compared to Kageyama. Now a new song by him would be amazing
Now that you mention it, yeah, we need a Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 Main Theme performed by Kageyama. And if not, Tanimoto wouldn't be so bad, I kinda like him.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tanimoto is the singer for Dragon Soul right

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Never gonna happen. Kageyama is a part of Lantis and pretty much parted ways with the franchise following the Yamamoto plagiarism scandal.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Never gonna happen. Kageyama is a part of Lantis and pretty much parted ways with the franchise following the Yamamoto plagiarism scandal.
Okay, then Tanimoto could do it. Might not be as good as Kageyama would be, but it also could be even better. Eh?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:36 am

Lord Beerus wrote: VGcharts has never been accurate with their numbers and should not be used as a source for data in regards to sales or pre-order numbers for video games. Hell, check out the numbers they have for Xenoverse. They're extremely under tracked.
Why do you defend CoD so much? Its been shit for quite a while now (and same shit since 4) and this latest one is doing terrible with dislikes and preorders.
Not to mention, you have to get some expensive special edition to get CoD 4 remastered, those bastards...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:26 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: VGcharts has never been accurate with their numbers and should not be used as a source for data in regards to sales or pre-order numbers for video games. Hell, check out the numbers they have for Xenoverse. They're extremely under tracked.
Why do you defend CoD so much? Its been shit for quite a while now (and same shit since 4) and this latest one is doing terrible with dislikes and preorders.
Not to mention, you have to get some expensive special edition to get CoD 4 remastered, those bastards...
I'm not defending Call Of Duty. Hell, I'm strongly against some of their practises, I'm just pointing out how the internet is overestimating the power of the YouTube dislikes in general as a believe that those dislikes are a representation of the opinion of the general public, when it's not representative in the very slightest. Especially considering how easy it is to inflate the number of dislikes by several hundreds or thousands. And as far as VGCharts goes, their number have been notoriously off the mark for many years and it's well documented and that they usually base they're figures off of guess work and don't even take into consideration digital sales, which makes up for a nearly half the sales of games nowadays. Hence, why I don't believe the pre-orders numbers they have for Infinite Warfare are accurate at all.

But lets get back to Xenoverse... :P

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:09 pm

I honestly hope they allow Super God Fist to be obtainable. I love using that attack if I'm ever Goku.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tanimoto is the singer for Dragon Soul right
Sorry for the late reply, but yes. Also the Dragon Ball Heroes theme.
ryou766 wrote:I honestly hope they allow Super God Fist to be obtainable. I love using that attack if I'm ever Goku.
I know, right? I was really disappointed when I thought about it and realized it's not obtainable.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Tanimoto has a great voice, I've been wanting him to do the second Super OP for ages now, I'd love him to do Xenoverse 2's opening.
I adore Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go, it's the best thing about Buu Kai.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Now that we've got music out of the way, what about stages? I'd like to see some brand new or seldom used stages, and sectors of areas, say something like:
Namek
  • Plains
    Hideout [where Vegeta took the Dragon Balls and the Ginyu Force came]
    Village
And maybe an interior and exterior of Frieza's Ship.
MyAnimeList | AniList