"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:52 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Black must be a DLC for XV2. No questions asked.
They said characters often take 7 months a piece to make. If they are smart and start working on them NOW and we get Cabba, Frost, and Hit for U6 DLC, we MIGHT get DLC with Black near the end of next year.
That's true, for unique characters. But just like in Smash, clones take up a lot less development time and a number of Super's new character at this point could basically be alternate costumes that use similar fighting styles and maybe some unique Supers/Ultimates.

Beerus = Champa
Whis = Vados
Freeza = Frost
Future Trunks = Future Trunks
Goku = Black

Zamasu is a mystery still, so that leaves you with Hit, Cabba, Magetta and Botamo for confirmed fighters. If you want to include Tagoma and Shisami, the two of them barely do anything to develop a real fighting style. You could probably get away with using Ginyu as a base for Tagoma (with a different idle pose) regardless of if he's body swapped or not, and tweak Reacoom a bit for Shisami or something.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm
Location: Where I wander

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:53 am

Other than the characters that have the most coolest movesets like Janemba, Cooler and Gogeta. I'm interested, in seeing how they handle Champa and how different he will be from Beerus. I'd at least want different attack moves or the same attack moves but they are animated differently. Champa's ultimate should have him be out of breath and maybe not make him be able to fly lol.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:45 am

Someone knows the release date and when it will be a pre-order?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16549
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:52 am

YonedgeHP wrote:Someone knows the release date and when it will be a pre-order?
A specific release date has not been announced for any territory.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6123
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:43 am

Cool!(er). :P

Image

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:To clarify I'm basically asking if the gameplay and battles have a lot of replay value to most. As in the characters are different and not all fights are the same/too easy.
Xenoverse 1 has almost endless replayability, between the story, PQs, Masters (and MQs), customs, and just plain ol' battles (offline and online). Like I said, if you bought it, I can almost guarantee you wouldn't regret it. So I say get it. :D :thumbup:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:They said characters often take 7 months a piece to make. If they are smart and start working on them NOW and we get Cabba, Frost, and Hit for U6 DLC, we MIGHT get DLC with Black near the end of next year.
That's true, for unique characters. But just like in Smash, clones take up a lot less development time and a number of Super's new character at this point could basically be alternate costumes that use similar fighting styles and maybe some unique Supers/Ultimates.

Beerus = Champa
Whis = Vados
Freeza = Frost
Future Trunks = Future Trunks
Goku = Black

Zamasu is a mystery still, so that leaves you with Hit, Cabba, Magetta and Botamo for confirmed fighters. If you want to include Tagoma and Shisami, the two of them barely do anything to develop a real fighting style. You could probably get away with using Ginyu as a base for Tagoma (with a different idle pose) regardless of if he's body swapped or not, and tweak Reacoom a bit for Shisami or something.
Stop it, guys! You're making way too much sense here. You might just start some agreements! :shh:
YonedgeHP wrote:Someone knows the release date and when it will be a pre-order?
The current release window is winter 2016.
Grimlock wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I hope we get more "artwork" like this, although I'd prefer 2D-style.
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm
Location: Where I wander

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:52 am

Grimlock wrote:Cool!(er). :P

[[spoiler]img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl91MqEWEAAM1-i.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Because of what I've heard from interpretations of scans, I'm really hoping Cooler is a good guy. It would be soooooo awesome.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6123
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:01 pm

What interpretations? Eh, I know Xenoverse is all about changing history, but I don't think personality will be changed. :eh:

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:What interpretations? Eh, I know Xenoverse is all about changing history, but I don't think personality will be changed. :eh:
Unless we get Xeno Cooler.
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Grimlock wrote:What interpretations? Eh, I know Xenoverse is all about changing history, but I don't think personality will be changed. :eh:
When the picture of him arriving on the Exploding Namek, the caption Bandai put out along with it was ''An unexpected Protaganist Arrives'', which implies that for whatever reason, Cooler is on your side.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm
Location: Where I wander

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Grimlock wrote:What interpretations? Eh, I know Xenoverse is all about changing history, but I don't think personality will be changed. :eh:
Unless we get Xeno Cooler.
A Cooler from a different timeline wouldn't be a bad idea.

Btw, what's is Xeno Goku?
Kanassa wrote:
Grimlock wrote:What interpretations? Eh, I know Xenoverse is all about changing history, but I don't think personality will be changed. :eh:
When the picture of him arriving on the Exploding Namek, the caption Bandai put out along with it was ''An unexpected Protaganist Arrives'', which implies that for whatever reason, Cooler is on your side.
People can change. Idc for whatever reason, Cooler would make the best Anti-hero in DB.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:Btw, what's is Xeno Goku?
I'm pretty sure Xeno is a term used in Dragon Ball Heroes for a Time Patroller. For example, Time Patrol Trunks is Xeno Trunks. The Xeno obviously comes from Xenoverse.
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm
Location: Where I wander

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:Btw, what's is Xeno Goku?
I'm pretty sure Xeno is a term used in Dragon Ball Heroes for a Time Patroller. For example, Time Patrol Trunks is Xeno Trunks. The Xeno obviously comes from Xenoverse.
Here's a theory. Based on past material (and my memory), Coolers loves to fight strong opponents, seeing there is a crisis and there is lots of timelines than it gives him the opportunity to fight lots of strong opponents in different timelines so an endless possibility.

I really don't want them to pull a Frost.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:16 pm

I agree. Frost being evil ruined him for me (as I'm guessing a lot of other people too). A good guy villain would be a nice change of pace for the series; maybe XV2 will influence Super? :P
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6123
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Kanassa wrote:When the picture of him arriving on the Exploding Namek, the caption Bandai put out along with it was ''An unexpected Protaganist Arrives'', which implies that for whatever reason, Cooler is on your side.
Wow, that's something I missed! :o So XV2 is going really far deeper into the story than we imagined! But I want some explanation on how and why Cooler changed personality/switched sides.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Grimlock wrote:I want some explanation on how and why Cooler changed personality/switched sides.
Not sure if I think we'll get one before or after the game's released... but we'll hopefully get some new stuff this week. I heard the Japan Expo, is it? is this week.
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:


People can change. Idc for whatever reason, Cooler would make the best Anti-hero in DB.
It would be good to have somone from Frieza's race who isn't a tyrant, though if Cooler is switching sides it will most likley be fore selfish reasons. "I can'tjust be the strongest warriro in the universe, I'll prove myself to be the strogest across time itself!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1265
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm
Location: Where I wander

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:


People can change. Idc for whatever reason, Cooler would make the best Anti-hero in DB.
"I can'tjust be the strongest warriro in the universe, I'll prove myself to be the strogest across time itself!"
Dude, that just sounds so epic.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

User avatar
Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zenkashuu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:[spoiler]
GodKaio-Ken wrote:To clarify I'm basically asking if the gameplay and battles have a lot of replay value to most. As in the characters are different and not all fights are the same/too easy.
Xenoverse 1 has almost endless replayability, between the story, PQs, Masters (and MQs), customs, and just plain ol' battles (offline and online). Like I said, if you bought it, I can almost guarantee you wouldn't regret it. So I say get it. :D :thumbup:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:They said characters often take 7 months a piece to make. If they are smart and start working on them NOW and we get Cabba, Frost, and Hit for U6 DLC, we MIGHT get DLC with Black near the end of next year.
That's true, for unique characters. But just like in Smash, clones take up a lot less development time and a number of Super's new character at this point could basically be alternate costumes that use similar fighting styles and maybe some unique Supers/Ultimates.

Beerus = Champa
Whis = Vados
Freeza = Frost
Future Trunks = Future Trunks
Goku = Black

Zamasu is a mystery still, so that leaves you with Hit, Cabba, Magetta and Botamo for confirmed fighters. If you want to include Tagoma and Shisami, the two of them barely do anything to develop a real fighting style. You could probably get away with using Ginyu as a base for Tagoma (with a different idle pose) regardless of if he's body swapped or not, and tweak Reacoom a bit for Shisami or something.
[/spoiler]
Stop it, guys! You're making way too much sense here. You might just start some agreements! :shh:
How do clones/mimic characters make way too much sense?

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:How do clones/mimic characters make way too much sense?
I mean they're being reasonable with how we might get extra characters.
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

Post Reply