"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:25 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Big Momma wrote:You should get into game design. You seem the know the ins and outs of the entire process. With a visionary like you in the field, I'm sure the gaming industry will be revolutionized!
What he says sounds incredibly manageable and sensible. No need to defend lazy game design.

My point is that it isn't "lazyness" and anyone who says so has no idea what goes on behind the scenes.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:28 am

I thought it would take some time for me to be accustomed with a SS3 female, but I think it's grown on me.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:30 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Big Momma wrote:You should get into game design. You seem the know the ins and outs of the entire process. With a visionary like you in the field, I'm sure the gaming industry will be revolutionized!
What he says sounds incredibly manageable and sensible. No need to defend lazy game design.

I agree with what some people say about lack of options and disappointment in the transformations, but DIMPS needs to give us SOME reason to buy Xenoverse 3, right?
All we're saying is that it isn't lazy. Game development is incredibly difficult at times with the amount of resources a studio may have. Like I said before, this is a licensed anime video game, we really shouldn't be expecting such drastic changes and additions with a below average dev cycle (almost a year and a half.)
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:33 am

ryou766 wrote:I thought it would take some time for me to be accustomed with a SS3 female, but I think it's grown on me.
I'm still processing how jelouse I am of her armour...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:45 am

Kanassa wrote:
ryou766 wrote:I thought it would take some time for me to be accustomed with a SS3 female, but I think it's grown on me.
I'm still processing how jelouse I am of her armour...
Makes me wonder how many other symbols we'll be able to put on our dogis/outfits. That's one of the two things I really enjoyed about Ultimate Blast's CaC.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:33 am

Just saying, "Well it was like that in DBO," isn't a good excuse. DBO was a failed game for a reason guys. It had decent ideas but screwed a lot of them up horribly. If Xenoverse 2 borrows one thing from DBO it should be saiyan hair actually spiking up when they go super saiyan.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:28 am

So...

Saiyans get SS 1, 2 and three - dont see them getting more as Oozaru, SSG and SS4 require altering the model. Betting on it buffing attacks.

Frieza's race go Golden - seriously who didn't see that coming a mile away, this form is a lot easier to pull of then all the other weird and wonderful forms. Seems to buff speed for everything, moment, attack and ki blasts.

This scenario reminds me of a few other anime with natural enemies having strength vs speed dichotomy

Majin get Pure Majin - again if you have seen DB Online you saw this coming, at least your kid buu's skin changes colour. No idea how this will affect your avatar.

Namekians? Will since xenoverse takes a lot of ideas from dbo and the fact Slug is in the game make thing its going to be the Great Namekian form. That means a huge buff on attacks and defence but your slower and a big target. Also unlike Oozaru they wont need to change a thing, just make your avatar bigger.

SaiyanGirl

Post by SaiyanGirl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 am

So I just pre-ordered the deluxe Edition.

Is it really true that Dbs future Trunks is deluxe Edition only content? Thats weird
My English is not perfect. Please excuse this.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:35 am

SaiyanGirl wrote:So I just pre-ordered the deluxe Edition.

Is it really true that Dbs future Trunks is deluxe Edition only content? Thats weird
No, the season pass gives you "early access", but it isn't clear if that just means you can unlock him in the base game or if he'll be part of a future DLC.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 am

My money is in the red eyes namekian form.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:01 am

I pray to fucking god they don't make the original Trunks' hair blue . Imagine that long hair style being blue in the Broly/Bojack movies? lmao. Ew.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:05 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:I pray to fucking god they don't make the original Trunks' hair blue . Imagine that long hair style being blue in the Broly/Bojack movies? lmao. Ew.
Yeah it would look so good! I hope they do. :(

[spoiler]blue hair is best hair[/spoiler]

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:08 am

Shin wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:I pray to fucking god they don't make the original Trunks' hair blue . Imagine that long hair style being blue in the Broly/Bojack movies? lmao. Ew.

Kid Trunks as well then. :lol:
And then fans who don't watch Super will be like..... :wtf:

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Shin wrote:

Xeno Trunks would be super confused like how he was with trying to explain GT Trunks.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:12 am

Shin wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Shin wrote:

Xeno Trunks would be super confused like how he was with trying to explain GT Trunks.
Lol so many Trunks' and they'll all be ruined 8)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 am

I think the situation would be similar to this:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:44 am

That's why I hate parallel universe storylines. So much bullcrap. I can't believe that Toei actually went the Dragon Ball Z fan fiction road. I swear, it's like they read the fan manga and said "This is awesome! Let's do just that!" I mean, they even have a tournament between the universes. I ... I don't even.

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:58 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:So does the collector's edition not get the preorder bonuses or season pass? I just need clarity.
I would like to know this as well... I already pre-ordered it. I'll go change it if I have to. I just assumed the collectors edition came with everything.

I want to make sure the collectors edition comes with the season pass and Black.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:35 am

SquadronGOD wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:So does the collector's edition not get the preorder bonuses or season pass? I just need clarity.
I would like to know this as well... I already pre-ordered it. I'll go change it if I have to. I just assumed the collectors edition came with everything.

I want to make sure the collectors edition comes with the season pass and Black.
If you pre-ordered the collectors edition then you'll be getting the pre-order bonus, it doesn't matter what version you get to receive the bonus, just make sure you pre-ordered it. As for the season pass, it doesn't seem to come with the collectors edition for whatever reason but you can just buy it separately.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:46 am

So, anyone know when the pre-order will be available for Steam?
Nickolaidas wrote:That's why I hate parallel universe storylines. So much bullcrap. I can't believe that Toei actually went the Dragon Ball Z fan fiction road. I swear, it's like they read the fan manga and said "This is awesome! Let's do just that!" I mean, they even have a tournament between the universes. I ... I don't even.
But...what's...wrong with it? Just because fans have done the idea previously? Why is it bad?
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama