"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
nato25 wrote:So Demigra got a new form in heroes, I wonder if that will come over to Xenoverse 2 at all. I don't think it will for the record, I think the villains here will be solely Towa and Mira.
Honestly I hope he doesnt make a come back. I found Demigra to be the worst part of the story. Adding him completely undermined Towa and Mira as villains as they were just being manipulated to do his bidding (and in the process Mira just became your discount "rival" rather than a serious antagonist). His personality was also severely lacking. He wants to destroy all there and and will be because...he wants to. His motivations are as clear cut as any other generic villain. Hes no Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, or Bebi.
They weren't being manipulated by Demigra, it just so happened that them messing with time helped him escape. Plus he's no more generic then Frieza or Piccolo (Hell, he at least has an interesting design), and he wants to destroy all there is so that he can build his own history from scratch.

Though his biggest problem was that he was completly unimtimidating as a villain, when you first meet him he's actually pretty creepy; but I think game devs need to learn that no villain can continue to look menacing after you kicked their asses several times (And not in the 'You beat me, but I still win' way).
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:53 pm

I'm getting it on the Xbox One, the Super Deluxe Edition.
It's the Deluxe Edition, 5 extra bucks comes with Glow in the Dark Goku Figure and Steelbook Case.
And everything that is in the Deluxe Edition.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 pm

Another trailer for y'all.

Nothing really new though.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Another trailer for y'all.

Nothing really new though.
Condensed version of the last one. But it acknowledges Dragon Ball Super and says Tao Pai Pai, although I'd expect just Tao. :?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Still ugly true thing. Ah well just gonna use Unlocked Potential for Humans either way.

Also QLOC is porting it to PC....are they any good? Also 2 more days on Steam I have to wait?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:57 pm

I feel like the Human-Kinto'un transformation is going to be something people end up loving once the game comes out and they try it.

I could be wrong though so don't quote me on that
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:44 pm

Big Momma wrote:I feel like the Human-Kinto'un transformation is going to be something people end up loving once the game comes out and they try it.

It was the best thing in the trailer for me when I first saw that.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I feel like the Human-Kinto'un transformation is going to be something people end up loving once the game comes out and they try it.

It was the best thing in the trailer for me when I first saw that.
I'll love the Kinto'un transformation if it's not the only thing the Humans can do. Like if there are swords transformations than I will be content with the transformation.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:05 am

Why has this latest marketing push been so weak? Heaps of reused footage for this trailer and only 3 character reveals, 2 of which were known about and even time breaker bardock was known about as well. Could of got us really hyped about the new transformations but just those two features alone with only 5 seconds of footage isn't gonna get the job done. Now this 'remixed' trailer. How is it remixed exactly it's just shorter lol. They haven't even bothered translating the original trailer or dubbing it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:43 am

nato25 wrote:Why has this latest marketing push been so weak ?
They're either saving everything for a huge push a month before release or this is all the game currently has to offer.

The reason I'm worried about the content is because of how much bigger the hub world is cause making it 7× bigger would've taken a lot of time and effort in an already short development cycle so there's a chance they cut the content short or saved it for DLC.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 am

I hope the hub world is actually full of fun stuff to do. Who cares if it's 7 times larger if that just means more space between the actual important places. They were talking about how you can race your friends on the hoverboards, I mean as cool as that is as a small bonus, no ones buying a Dragon Ball game to race what looks like pretty loosely controlled hoverboards in a hub world. Sorry for the negativity the last trailer just really dehyped me.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:39 am

nato25 wrote:I hope the hub world is actually full of fun stuff to do. Who cares if it's 7 times larger if that just means more space between the actual important places. They were talking about how you can race your friends on the hoverboards, I mean as cool as that is as a small bonus, no ones buying a Dragon Ball game to race what looks like pretty loosely controlled hoverboards in a hub world. Sorry for the negativity the last trailer just really dehyped me.
understandable because I have felt that way too. They don't wanna give away much which is great if the game ends up having a lot to offer. It just feels like they are trying to sell us to buy a game that might not be that much different from the previous. Plus I'm with you on the hub world because if it's for stuff that doesn't really make the game better or have any benefits then it's pointless to increase it by that much and focus all efforts on that.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:50 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Also QLOC is porting it to PC....are they any good?
Well, they did the first game.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:55 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
Really? Steam lists XV2 as their only game, though the first game only lists DIMPS in the dev section.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
Really? Steam lists XV2 as their only game, though the first game only lists DIMPS in the dev section.
Exacty why I asked. It didn't say QLOC in the description of Xenoverse 1 on steam.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

There is no trace of Xenoverse in QLOC's site, but Steam's version of the game isn't listed either in the products launched in 2015 on Dimps website. As a reference, Steam version of Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul it's on that list.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:36 pm

I hope that Goku & Vegeta with grown beards from Super will be included as a "costume" in one of the DLC Packs xD

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:38 pm

JimmyRustam wrote:I hope that Goku & Vegeta with grown beards from Super will be included as a "costume" in one of the DLC Packs xD
That would be amazing, especially if we got special dialogue to go with them. :mrgreen:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
JimmyRustam wrote:I hope that Goku & Vegeta with grown beards from Super will be included as a "costume" in one of the DLC Packs xD
That would be amazing, especially if we got special dialogue to go with them. :mrgreen:
Special dialogue... I hope every fighter gets specific dialogue for every other fighter. :wink:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:13 am

I doubt that we will get such minor appearance as we didn't get even Kaioshin's clothes Gohan, except for Super DBZ game and other more recognizable costumes.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88