"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:56 am

Grimlock wrote:
EDIT: Some more details on the 6v1 missions:

Expert Missions allow you to fight powerful bosses with 5 other players! These fights will require teamwork and strategy to achieve victory. Portals are created because of forbidden Time Travel, these arenas are in a dimension far more dangerous than Parallel Quests.

The conditions for battle could change at any moment so you have to be aware at all times. You need to adapt to changing situations! An enemy may fire a Super Ki Blast at the ground! You need to work with your teammates to stop it! Your team member may get brainwashed and turn against you! You can either help him before the process is complete or wake him up once it’s over.

If you’re the one being brainwashed, you will have to fight yourself to once again help your teammates. You may be blown away to a different stage by an enemy’s attack! It is dangerous to be separated from your team, so slip through the portals and return to fight the boss!

Expert Missions will be a tough challenge, but nothing a team of 6 Time Patrollers can’t overcome! Gather your team and get ready for the biggest fight of your life!
The mor eI hear about this mode, the more I have to resist jumping on the hype train.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:24 am

I would agree. This mode sounds very interesting but I will have to wait and see a whole gameplay footage on it for how this all would workout.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:31 am

One question I have though is why is the super attack being aimed at the floor important? Is it a planet busting move that one shots us all? And are we using a beam struggle to stop it?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:48 am

Bullza wrote:I have no idea what he story is. What's it about? From the looks of it were going through the series again but where things play out differently and you've gotta fix it which is what the first game was about.
It's similar, but now the Time Breakers are taking characters from their respective eras, and putting them in other eras. Such as Turles and Slug on Namek, or Broly in (yeah, I use this) HFIL (Fusion Reborn). So, it'll be fixing stuff, but with a much different take on it.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:One question I have though is why is the super attack being aimed at the floor important? Is it a planet busting move that one shots us all? And are we using a beam struggle to stop it?
It should be something that like that. It would add more importance to what is going on in the battle and I am sure it is a beam struggle either that or you just have to deflect it from the planet.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
EDIT: Some more details on the 6v1 missions:

Expert Missions allow you to fight powerful bosses with 5 other players! These fights will require teamwork and strategy to achieve victory. Portals are created because of forbidden Time Travel, these arenas are in a dimension far more dangerous than Parallel Quests.

The conditions for battle could change at any moment so you have to be aware at all times. You need to adapt to changing situations! An enemy may fire a Super Ki Blast at the ground! You need to work with your teammates to stop it! Your team member may get brainwashed and turn against you! You can either help him before the process is complete or wake him up once it’s over.

If you’re the one being brainwashed, you will have to fight yourself to once again help your teammates. You may be blown away to a different stage by an enemy’s attack! It is dangerous to be separated from your team, so slip through the portals and return to fight the boss!

Expert Missions will be a tough challenge, but nothing a team of 6 Time Patrollers can’t overcome! Gather your team and get ready for the biggest fight of your life!
The mor eI hear about this mode, the more I have to resist jumping on the hype train.
It's nearly impossible for me to not jump on the hype train at this point. That mode sounds amazing.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:05 pm

New Cooler gameplay

I gotta say, it's looking pretty damn good.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:32 am

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 am

New scan.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:33 am

Bullza wrote:I've honestly saw not seen anything of this game so far that's made me eager to get it. It's not like I've seen every video but from what I have seen.

Most of the new characters in this game have been in plenty of games already. Of the actual ones they've shown that are new Timebreaker Bardock and DBS Trunks and Black who are pretty order bonuses so if I wanted to wait till the game dropped in price then I wouldn't be able to have them.

Most of the stages I seem to see where in the last one. I think they've shown two new ones.

And I have no idea what he story is. What's it about? From the looks of it were going through the series again but where things play out differently and you've gotta fix it which is what the first game was about.

There's still time to fix these things but yeah I gotta say so it just looks like the same thing as the last one.
Only Black is a preorder bonus. DBS Trunks is early access, so you get him regardless if you preorder. You just don't have to unlock him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:50 am

Grimlock wrote:New scan.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I still don't get why Yamcha of all people but sure. I wonder how they are going to alter Majin Vegeta's story seeing as he is meant to die there. If he remains alive that would be interesting to see how it plays out.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:12 am

People asking why Yamcha could have asked the same question about Mr. Satan in the first game's Cell arc. Whether or not its being played for laughs we dont know. Just need to wait and see how the game handles it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:18 am

One tiny thing I'm sad still hasn't cropped up in Xenoverse is victory animations. I liked them in Budokai - gave the character some charm and some cute/awesome moments. It's still just standing there in idle animations, which isn't all that exciting.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:28 am

Haseowolf wrote:One tiny thing I'm sad still hasn't cropped up in Xenoverse is victory animations. I liked them in Budokai - gave the character some charm and some cute/awesome moments. It's still just standing there in idle animations, which isn't all that exciting.
Yeah I really wanted it to be that it was something they added on later but that isn't the case. It just doesn't feel right for a DB fighting game to not have that.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:52 am

THEGOKU wrote:
Haseowolf wrote:One tiny thing I'm sad still hasn't cropped up in Xenoverse is victory animations. I liked them in Budokai - gave the character some charm and some cute/awesome moments. It's still just standing there in idle animations, which isn't all that exciting.
Yeah I really wanted it to be that it was something they added on later but that isn't the case. It just doesn't feel right for a DB fighting game to not have that.
Yeah or at the very least a line or two of dialogue

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:00 am

donkeyjack wrote:Cooler's advance gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxqCUDhT_M

Cooler's advance combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GeMZWjLE6I
More like advanced air punching.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:00 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:People asking why Yamcha could have asked the same question about Mr. Satan in the first game's Cell arc. Whether or not its being played for laughs we dont know. Just need to wait and see how the game handles it.
That's what I'm waiting on. They handled Hercule so well in the first game (looking past the unnecessary second mission), so we'll have to see what they do with Yamcha.
Yes, those would be very nice. My only issue with them in Budokai was the character model would completely freeze once they finished their animation.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:03 am

I just miss stuff like this. I mean, a lot of the animations are recycled for other characters, which is fine, but having them just makes the battle feel like the characters have a stake in it. They're not just battling robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgumwkKYC8E
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:53 am

Haseowolf wrote:I just miss stuff like this. I mean, a lot of the animations are recycled for other characters, which is fine, but having them just makes the battle feel like the characters have a stake in it. They're not just battling robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgumwkKYC8E
I like the ones in BT3 more as they're a little longer and have more of a taunting aspect. Most of those in IW were like 3 words

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:38 pm

It just added more of a dynamic to the fight and made the what if matchups fun because the characters would have something special to say.