"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Shin wrote:More tidbits.
An egg? Either Mira and Towa's kid is comming along or we're getting some abomination of evil for our final boss...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:06 pm

More:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTut_jAVFc

And, oh dear lord. The academy is an actual high school... I don't know why, but I expected somthing else. Now all I can think of is the Time Patrolers going through TV School Drama
Last edited by Kanassa on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
An egg? Either Mira and Towa's kid is comming along or we're getting some abomination of evil for our final boss...
HE'S COMING.

Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:08 pm

Shin wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
HE'S COMING.

Such evil, IT BURNS MY EYES!

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Mira and Towa's kid would be cool. The class room looks just like Orange Star High! That's awesome. The hype is rising. Is all this footage just from the new trailer?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 pm

nato25 wrote:Mira and Towa's kid would be cool. The class room looks just like Orange Star High! That's awesome. The hype is rising. Is all this footage just from the new trailer?
All footge and pictures before hand have been from trailers, this should be no different.

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Looks like they are going the lazy route with Mira. Sigh...
I'd be up for Fu if Towa and Mira don't need to be married for it. By the way, that animation looks great!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Looks like they are going the lazy route with Mira. Sigh...
Not redesigning the character isn't really lazy, at least that's what I assume you're talking about.
I'd be up for Fu if Towa and Mira don't need to be married for it. By the way, that animation looks great!
How does the whole marraige thing work out in other continuities? In Xenoverse at least the most romantic thing to come from either of them would be Towa using Mira as her personal sex toy on the side. Hell, if the egg is Fu, the implcation is it's not just Mira whose the father :D

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm guessing the egg will be Fu and by the end of the game he'll be full grown and end up being the final boss.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Who's looking forward to the Xenoverse version of the Gohan's high school years? Think we'll get to play baseball? :D

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 pm

Kanassa wrote:Not redesigning the character isn't really lazy, at least that's what I assume you're talking about.
As I mentioned recently, he should be upgraded now, which is why it is lazy. I'll get over it since I love Mira, but I'm just a bit disappointed.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:59 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Not redesigning the character isn't really lazy, at least that's what I assume you're talking about.
As I mentioned recently, he should be upgraded now, which is why it is lazy. I'll get over it since I love Mira, but I'm just a bit disappointed.
You said he should be more powerful, that doesn't mean he should have a new appearance. It would be nice, but it isn't lazy.

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:00 am

Anime Kitten wrote:As I mentioned recently, he should be upgraded now, which is why it is lazy. I'll get over it since I love Mira, but I'm just a bit disappointed.
What kind of upgrade? Mira didn't show any transformation or alternate costume in Dragon Ball Online. You mean Super Mira? That's Dragon Ball Heroes thing. There's nothing lazy about him.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:36 am

I really hope that egg does indeed belong to Fu.

I've been really looking forward to seeing him grown up since they first teased him. :thumbup:

He's supposed to have had a "big effect" on the world in DBO, but I'll be impressed if XV2 has him do anything other than strut around, cause some mischief for five minutes, gloat about his power, then get blown away by the CaC and Goku. Here's hoping. Either way, I'm pumped to see his design.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:45 am

I miss Demigra
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:46 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:I really hope that egg does indeed belong to Fu.

I've been really looking forward to seeing him grown up since they first teased him. :thumbup:

He's supposed to have had a "big effect" on the world in DBO, but I'll be impressed if XV2 has him do anything other than strut around, cause some mischief for five minutes, gloat about his power, then get blown away by the CaC and Goku. Here's hoping. Either way, I'm pumped to see his design.
From what the scene implies, whatever that egg is will probably be the final boss. It seems the whole story is the TIme Breakers charging that egg.

Kanassa wrote:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:00 am

THE PLOT THICKENS.

I, too, will be happy if that egg indeed turns out to be Fuu. That was one of the longest teases I've went through and it has to officially be concluded.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:04 am

I still don't even get why the color of his hair was ever issue. I was very surprised the original debate gained so much traction. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can speak on whatever they want. But I wouldn't have even noticed if people weren't so critical of it. Dude could've decided to dye his hair, but do we even need an explanation? I don't know, I just found it strange that people made such a big deal out of it.

Anyway, this is an XV2 thread so back to the game: I'd be highly surprised if we didn't see some additional Giant Namekian game play. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed at first as I'm not a fan of playing with giant forms. No qualms playing against them though. But I've warmed up to the idea as of late and I appreciate the fact that DIMPS made the effort to make the characters much more unique. I'm surprised people are so upset about the lack of updates. I'm probably older than most of the people on this forum and remember the days of not finding out what was new in a game until actually playing it. I'm looking forward to the surprises and character reveals as I progress in the game. Just imagine how hyped you'll be playing a quest and having someone like Bojack appear out of nowhere. I'll be disappointed if they leave out major characters that are supposed to be in the game. And I'm not talking about the Likes of Android 16 or Dodoria and Zarbon like the last game, but if they leave out other movie characters in a game that is placing so much attention on those characters.

I have faith that we won't be disappointed. But the 6 player boss battles is something to be excited about. The new transformations for the different races is something to be excited about. The new combos and attacks are things to be hyped about. A more diverse selection of parallel quests is something to be excited about. So don't let the lack of information or character reveals disappoint, as you can see, we have more than enough things already to look forward to!
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 am

people made a big deal of it because it just completely overrode what was already established. We had to watch the history of trunks stuff that had already happened with him having grey hair again, except this time he had blue hair for no reason. Then there was the thing where Bulma referred to him as having blue hair when she had never known him to have blue hair and he has grey hair in the flash backs. It's just madness lol, I was over it but now I'm all riled. Anyway to keep this on track, Xenoverse 2 hype! Come on Fuu!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:38 am

This hair debate is even more funny when even the current Trunks doesn't have blue hair.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol: