"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:11 pm

This COMMENTATOR is SCREAMING about old information it's so funny.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 pm

I apologise for saying anything nice about the English commentator. Complete disgrace to marketing. How does that guy get a job doing this it actually makes me sick. Making the mic cut out from screaming over information we've known since day one, he didn't even know who the blue hair time patroller is. If this guy is getting paid just wow.

The marketing for this has been terrible as well. This looks like an exact copy of yesterdays presentation with more trash cosplay. I hate myself for building up any sort of hype for these things.

I stand corrected looks like were getting a preview of the 6 on 1.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:20 pm

nato25 wrote:I apologise for saying anything nice about the English commentator. Complete disgrace to marketing. How does that guy get a job doing this it actually makes me sick. Making the mic cut out from screaming over information we've known since day one, he didn't even know who the blue hair time patroller is. If this guy is getting paid just wow.

The marketing for this has been terrible as well. This looks like an exact copy of yesterdays presentation with more trash cosplay. I hate myself for building up any sort of hype for these things.

I stand corrected looks like were getting a preview of the 6 on 1.
I mean... is it that serious? Or even suppose to be?
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:21 pm

It's incredibly annoying. Hopefully the full game gets improved there were a lot of characters getting locked up into their falling animation in the gameplay but it looked fun and we got some new stuff including Giant Namek gameplay.

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:35 pm

Is this new? sorry if old i might have missed. its online gameplay.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lxnXuvMkmHs

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:36 pm

SSJ6Goku wrote:Is this new? sorry if old i might have missed. its online gameplay.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lxnXuvMkmHs
Just happened in the stream.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Either this game is great or they really didn't have much to improve on so only when we get the game we will know. But wow they really know how to just beat a dead horse with all this information huh.

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:46 pm

THEGOKU wrote:Either this game is great or they really didn't have much to improve on so only when we get the game we will know. But wow they really know how to just beat a dead horse with all this information huh.
they showed most of the same stuff in the trailer yesterday from the trailer before. i pray its not xenoverse 1.5

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Looks like that's it. So the biggest announcement from TGS was SSJ hair doesn't spike up. Wow I can't say I'm not dissapointed. This is really looking a lot more like Xenoverse 1.5. I hope the story is great.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:49 pm

nato25 wrote:Looks like that's it. So the biggest announcement from TGS was SSJ hair doesn't spike up. Wow I can't say I'm not dissapointed. This is really looking a lot more like Xenoverse 1.5. I hope the story is great.
And the network test dates... The reveal of the egg in the game... how much more options what we're getting for customization (sorta), etc.

There's a lot more that was shown and announced than just that man. Though, I'm still disappointed about this stream. It was bad.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:54 pm

nato25 wrote:Looks like that's it. So the biggest announcement from TGS was SSJ hair doesn't spike up. Wow I can't say I'm not dissapointed. This is really looking a lot more like Xenoverse 1.5. I hope the story is great.
Come on even Dragon Ball Online got this right. Is it really that hard to do? Hell didn't Ultimate Tenkaichi essentially get this right too? I wouldn't get hopes up for the story when I think they said returning fans won't really get as big a surprise, or something along those lines.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:55 pm

Yeah again either this game is incomplete and they want to cash in now while they can or they actually have a great game within all the same crap they keep showing off and don't want to reveal it all. Either way I'm buying this for the characters that are new to use them and for what may be new but like I said before I wouldn't put it past them if this is a 1.5 and not a true 2nd game.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Come on even Dragon Ball Online got this right. Is it really that hard to do? Hell didn't Ultimate Tenkaichi essentially get this right too? I wouldn't get hopes up for the story when I think they said returning fans won't really get as big a surprise, or something along those lines.
I double checked and wanted to add. Even Ultimate Tenkaichi got this right. Yeah for some dues like the Gohan style, I can see why they can't really do much with it for SSJ, but the others one's should have some change. Some looks are damn hideous as SSJ since it's just an ugly yellow with a flat hair style.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:07 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I double checked and wanted to add. Even Ultimate Tenkaichi got this right. Yeah for some dues like the Gohan style, I can see why they can't really do much with it for SSJ, but the others one's should have some change. Some looks are damn hideous as SSJ since it's just an ugly yellow with a flat hair style.
This really pisses me off like... it's not that difficult to add/change too. Hell... why can modders in XV1 make new SSJ hair styles in like a matter of two weeks for free? But paid developers can't even... nvm.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Well, considering most of you bought all games of Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi series even though their sequels were 1.1 and 1.2 (adding just characters, but not even bringing a new story mode...), complaining about the hair doesn't spiking up and labeling XV2 as "1.5" because of this is really valid.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:27 pm

You guys got your hopes up way too high for TGS, because even at E3 we got almost nothing. Sorry if this seems rude, but I'm really sick of "Xenoverse 1.5".
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, considering most of you bought all games of Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi series even though their sequels were 1.1 and 1.2 (adding just characters, but not even bringing a new story mode...), complaining about the hair doesn't spiking up and labeling XV2 as "1.5" because of this is really valid.
True, but something as minuscule as hair changing being absent in this sequel after almost all of the player base asked for it, is VERY weird. (XV 1.5 is a dismissive name too lmao)

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Shin wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Well, considering most of you bought all games of Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi series even though their sequels were 1.1 and 1.2 (adding just characters, but not even bringing a new story mode...), complaining about the hair doesn't spiking up and labeling XV2 as "1.5" because of this is really valid.
True, but something as minuscule as hair changing being absent in this sequel after almost all of the player base asked for it, is VERY weird. (XV 1.5 is a dismissive name too lmao)
i dont get why they left that out. so many people requested it after the first game

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:46 pm

Character selection is bigger than the one available in the latest demo. There are some other movies villains, Pan, Jaco...

Nothing new, but it confirms that Perfect Cell and Super Saiyan 2 Cell are treated as separated characters, just like XV1.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:51 pm

I hate how they darken the colors so much, it was the same in XV1. I can understand trying to prevent seizures and whatnot, but it'd be nice if they would make it an option we could turn on/off. I have how dark it looks sometimes.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog