"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Also, "He didn't really do much" is a lame excuse because I recall you raging over Semi-Perfect Cell not making it in. And need I mention SSGSS Vegeta minus Super, as well as all the rest of the characters who "didn't really do much"?
Semi-Perfect Cell was necessary for Vegeta to make a fool out of himself, and for Krillin to have a heart-to-heart with 18. And he actually fought, unlike teen base form Gohan. And Vegeta as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan beat up Golden Freeza after Sorbet mortally wounded Goku, which is still more than teen base form Gohan who never even through a punch in the manga or anime.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:44 pm

HeroR wrote:Semi-Perfect Cell was necessary for Vegeta to make a fool out of himself, and for Krillin to have a heart-to-heart with 18. And he actually fought, unlike teen base form Gohan. And Vegeta as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan beat up Golden Freeza after Sorbet mortally wounded Goku, which is still more than teen base form Gohan who never even through a punch in the manga or anime.
Semi-Perfect Cell would've gone the same way if Imperfect just got a power boost.
SSGSS Vegeta's fight was apparently very short in the movie.
And why is Appule excusable? All he did was guard and mock Vegeta.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
HeroR wrote:Semi-Perfect Cell was necessary for Vegeta to make a fool out of himself, and for Krillin to have a heart-to-heart with 18. And he actually fought, unlike teen base form Gohan. And Vegeta as a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan beat up Golden Freeza after Sorbet mortally wounded Goku, which is still more than teen base form Gohan who never even through a punch in the manga or anime.
Semi-Perfect Cell would've gone the same way if Imperfect just got a power boost.
SSGSS Vegeta's fight was apparently very short in the movie.
And why is Appule excusable? All he did was guard and mock Vegeta.
Imperfect Cell would have died to Android 16, who didn't screw around, while Semi-Perfect Cell wasted him. And Perfect Cell would need one hell of a power boast to match his Semi-Perfect Cell form and not die in one hit to Super Vegeta.

So what if Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta's fight was short in the the movie. He still played a key role in stopping Golden Freeza, since a weakened Golden Freeza was still stronger than all the Z-Fighters.

Appule is handy as a mook to beat up on certain mission.

Teen base form Gohan would just be annoyance since most people want to play as Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I hate how they darken the colors so much, it was the same in XV1. I can understand trying to prevent seizures and whatnot, but it'd be nice if they would make it an option we could turn on/off. I have how dark it looks sometimes.
Yes thanks for mentioning this. Everything else with the game I can deal with but this here is my biggest pet peeve of the games. An option to make it brighter would be perfect and I know it won't come and we will have to wait for XV3 but this just makes the game and the colors look dull at times.

As Kanassa pointed out, it's a bug. The game isn't that dark going by people who played it.

Good, because XV1 was definitely like that as I was playing it. I'll be glad if that's true.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Wondering here, in order to give Time Breaker Bardock a big role, will we start Story Mode with Bardock vs Freeza? That's be hilarious for those who has bad memories of his portion in XV1. :lol:

And if that's the case, then we'll finally have a Dragon Ball game starting its Story Mode properly since Ultimate Tenkaichi.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:28 pm

HeroR wrote:Teen base form Gohan would just be annoyance since most people want to play as Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.
Okay, then Semi-Perfect Cell would just be an annoyance since most people want to play as Perfect or Super Perfect. :roll:

Should we just take out Base Androids Saga Vegeta since he didn't do much of anything? Or Base Resurrection 'F' Vegeta? It makes it even worse when Tween Gohan's Base model was literally IN THE FIRST GAME.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
HeroR wrote:Teen base form Gohan would just be annoyance since most people want to play as Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 Gohan.
Okay, then Semi-Perfect Cell would just be an annoyance since most people want to play as Perfect or Super Perfect. :roll:

Should we just take out Base Androids Saga Vegeta since he didn't do much of anything? Or Base Resurrection 'F' Vegeta? It makes it even worse when Tween Gohan's Base model was literally IN THE FIRST GAME.
Those base characters fought in an earlier point in the series. Where as Teen Gohan didn't and was always in his SSJ form when in combat.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Shin wrote:Those base characters fought in an earlier point in the series. Where as Teen Gohan didn't and was always in his SSJ form when in combat.
That's kind of a bad example. Gohan fought in his Base form earlier in the series. There's no logical reason for him to be excluded when they can include 3 and 4(?) Appule and Raspberry clones respectively. Those have to be tweaked a bit, whereas Gohan's hair is just recolored black.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Shin wrote:Those base characters fought in an earlier point in the series. Where as Teen Gohan didn't and was always in his SSJ form when in combat.
That's kind of a bad example. Gohan fought in his Base form earlier in the series. There's no logical reason for him to be excluded when they can include 3 and 4(?) Appule and Raspberry clones respectively. Those have to be tweaked a bit, whereas Gohan's hair is just recolored black.
I meant as in per "era" of a character. We never saw base form Teen Gohan ever fight.

Also like someone said earlier, character priority in this game is how useful they are in the story. I don't see base Teen Gohan being usable when he's always SSJ2 majority of the time.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Grimlock wrote:Wondering here, in order to give Time Breaker Bardock a big role, will we start Story Mode with Bardock vs Freeza? That's be hilarious for those who has bad memories of his portion in XV1. :lol:

And if that's the case, then we'll finally have a Dragon Ball game starting its Story Mode properly since Ultimate Tenkaichi.
Another question: Anyone think Bardock will recognise the previous Time Patroller? I don't think travel by Wormhole has the same memory-wiping effect as the Scrolls do.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
That's kid Gohan who didn't even have a transformation. Teen Gohan or Gohan from the Cell Games never fought in his base. Also, since Cell have different slots, you don't even start out as Imperfect Cell and world you way up to Perfect Cell, unlike most of the Super Saiyan forms.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Shin wrote:I meant as in per "era" of a character. We never saw base form Teen Gohan ever fight.
That's contradictory, though, because I said Androids Saga and F Vegeta. Those were both "eras", and his Base form did next to nothing in those (in regards to fights).
MyAnimeList | AniList

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Shin wrote:I meant as in per "era" of a character. We never saw base form Teen Gohan ever fight.
That's contradictory, though, because I said Androids Saga and F Vegeta. Those were both "eras", and his Base form did next to nothing in those (in regards to fights).
Vegeta wasn't a mastered Super Saiyan like Gohan who, like Goku, made Super Saiyan his default form. There is even a Goku slot who default form is Super Saiyan to reflect this.
Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:49 pm

HeroR wrote:Vegeta wasn't a mastered Super Saiyan like Gohan who, like Goku, made Super Saiyan his default form. There is even a Goku slot who default form is Super Saiyan to reflect this.
That still doesn't excuse his Base being excluded.
And where does Goku have that slot? I've never seen it, and I have all of his costumes.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
I mean... F Vegeta killed Ginyu in Super. That should count as something compared to base Teen Gohan not doing anything right? :think:

I completely understand where you're coming from and what you're saying. It's just that there's really no big pro or incentive to having a base form for Teen Gohan when the majority of his screen time in the Cell Arc was him in his SSJ form. That's what people most recognize him as I would say as well. However, it's a bit weird when his inclusion can be done VERY easily with him being the sole character slot and his SSJ forms being presets.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
HeroR wrote:Vegeta wasn't a mastered Super Saiyan like Gohan who, like Goku, made Super Saiyan his default form. There is even a Goku slot who default form is Super Saiyan to reflect this.
And where does Goku have that slot? I've never seen it, and I have all of his costumes.
When I said slot here, I mean it is one of Goku's many alternatives. Teen Gohan is base known for his Super Saiyan form and Super Saiyan 2. We don't even see what he looks like in his base form until after Cell is defeated.
Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Shin wrote:I mean... F Vegeta killed Ginyu in Super. That should count as something compared to base Teen Gohan not doing anything right? :think:
I completely understand where you're coming from and what you're saying. It's just that there's really no big pro or incentive to having a base form for Teen Gohan when the majority of his screen time in the Cell Arc was him in his SSJ form. That's what people most recognize him as I would say as well. However, it's a bit weird when his inclusion can be done VERY easily with him being the sole character slot and his SSJ forms being presets.
Minus Super, since it's not likely to be implemented yet (unless the teaser site is anything to go by...).

With that logic, though, we could say to take out Base Goku during his fight against Frieza, since most(?) of his screen time and how people know him best is in Super Saiyan. I just hope he'll be DLC or something, because this is very frustrating for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:00 pm

HeroR wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
When I said slot here, I mean it is one of Goku's many alternatives. Teen Gohan is base known for his Super Saiyan form and Super Saiyan 2. We don't even see what he looks like in his base form until after Cell is defeated.
Base Teen Gohan was introduced in chapter 387 of the manga.
Anime Kitten wrote:
Shin wrote:I mean... F Vegeta killed Ginyu in Super. That should count as something compared to base Teen Gohan not doing anything right? :think:
Minus Super, since it's not likely to be implemented yet (unless the teaser site is anything to go by...).

With that logic, though, we could say to take out Base Goku during his fight against Frieza, since most(?) of his screen time and how people know him best is in Super Saiyan. I just hope he'll be DLC or something, because this is very frustrating for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
I would argue that SSJ Gokuu had less screen time than base Gokuu in the Namek saga.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: With that logic, though, we could say to take out Base Goku during his fight against Frieza, since most(?) of his screen time and how people know him best is in Super Saiyan.
Except that we all know that Goku in his base form fought against Frieza, hence why it wasn't taken out. Tbh, I'm surprised that a few folks are mad at base Teen Gohan's absence.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:14 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: With that logic, though, we could say to take out Base Goku during his fight against Frieza, since most(?) of his screen time and how people know him best is in Super Saiyan.
Except that we all know that Goku in his base form fought against Frieza, hence why it wasn't taken out. Tbh, I'm surprised that a few folks are mad at base Teen Gohan's absence.
Anime Kitten wrote: And why is Appule excusable? All he did was guard and mock Vegeta.
Speaking of that, if Appule was cut and only appear as a non-playable minion to fight against, would anyone be mad? I sure as hell wouldn't! :lol:
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.