"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Shin wrote:
Base Teen Gohan was introduced in chapter 387 of the manga.
Do you mean in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? If so, he was still kinda in that kid Gohan phase.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:29 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Tbh, I'm surprised that a few folks are mad at base Teen Gohan's absence.
Well, like I said, what-if and fanfic reasons for me, mostly. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Moving on from the the whole Base Gohan discussion... We finally have are first look at the menu.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:43 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Moving on from the the whole Base Gohan discussion... We finally have are first look at the menu.
This stream is going on right now? I heard they showed character creation FINALLY.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Shin wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Moving on from the the whole Base Gohan discussion... We finally have are first look at the menu.
This stream is going on right now? I heard they showed character creation FINALLY.
You can watch it all here.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:52 pm

I was watching a video on DBZAnto's channel and they were showing off the clothing and it had stats? I thought they were removed?

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:54 pm

I'm sorry for not moving on from the Teen Gohan not being in base form topic, but if we would really take the canon stuff, then Base form Vegito shouldn't be in the game, who only had like 3 panels in the manga and didn't do anything. Now if we consider the non-canon stuff, then Base Teen Gohan did some fighting in the 8th movie and Hatchiyack special (original).

But what is ridiculous is how Base Teen Gohan was in games like Budokai series or BT series (I understand why through), where characters had separated movesets for forms, and his moves were basically Kamehameha, Masenko and Ki Barrage Spam. However, in Xenoverse each character who can transform in-game have the same movesets for each form, thus why including his base form wouldn't bring that conflict of poor moveset, since he can do the same stuff that SSJ and SSJ2 forms can do.

And anyway, if he isn't included, I bet you still have to charge the same ki bars a character like Goku or Vegeta in base form have to charge to turn SSJ2 (maybe i'll bite my tongue on this one, and they include a transformation exclusive to Gohan), even through Gohan is already a SSJ, not to mention that the other saiyans except Gogeta (who only was seen in Base form in a failed fusion) and Broly (who's Base form and SSJ forms are missing) are all in Base form despite the stuff they did in a certain saga. Looking at ''Teen'' Gohan as a SSJ already in the roster is weird, sure he mastered the form and all, but it still isn't his natural form, according to Goku, they were SSJ all day except for sleeping. That's why I feel he should be included, they already have the 3D model from the Xenoverse cutscene, it wouldn't affect the moveset, the transformation system would probably be the same even if Gohan was a SSJ, so what would be the problem?
Last edited by desu on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 pm

TL18 wrote:I was watching a video on DBZAnto's channel and they were showing off the clothing and it had stats? I thought they were removed?
Well you heard wrong, stats are returning, However, there will be a PvP game mode where you can fight without the stats on clothing etc.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Either NB probably lied to us or we had it all mixed up. I just hope they don't overdo the stats like they did in the first game(i.e. Goku's GT outfit).
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
TL18 wrote:I was watching a video on DBZAnto's channel and they were showing off the clothing and it had stats? I thought they were removed?
Well you heard wrong, stats are returning, However, there will be a PvP game mode where you can fight without the stats on clothing etc.
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/3066 ... o-spam.htm
Yeah, I think we were lied to or mixed up. Because I feel like I've seen Rhymestyle and other youtubers talk about no stats for clothing

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 pm

What are the last 3 options? I assume 2 of them are Accessories and Super Soul.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:23 pm

TL18 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/3066 ... o-spam.htm
Yeah, I think we were lied to or mixed up. Because I feel like I've seen Rhymestyle and other youtubers talk about no stats for clothing
"Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" producer Hirano explained that they are going to figure out a way to basically let you choose what you want to wear in "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" without having to worry about stats.

My guess is that's where the new game mode came in. It's for player's who'd like to wear what they want to wear and not have to worry about the pesky stats if they wanna play PvP but maintained the option for people to make some sort of unstoppable stat juggernaut to kick ass with in other game modes and in the story, striking a balance between both.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:22 am

Wasnt there a screenshot about increasing clothing stats. Maybe some clothes will just start with better stats but all can be made equal? That would make sense from a gameplay point of view.

Viewtiful Jess
Beyond Newbie

Post by Viewtiful Jess » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:04 am

Dammit, not all the clothes are color customizable. However it looks like there's a lot more that are.
  • ✪ 2008 - Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    ✪ 2009 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    ✪ 2010 - Dragon Ball Online / Dragon Ball Heroes
    ✪ 2011 - Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
    ✪ 2015 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse / Dragon Ball Super
    ✪ 2016 - Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball AF is REAL

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 am

Did we start a conversation about canon for a video game? Moreover, when we are talking about Xenoverse series which are a big what-if?

What's next?

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:16 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:"Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" producer Hirano explained that they are going to figure out a way to basically let you choose what you want to wear in "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" without having to worry about stats.

My guess is that's where the new game mode came in. It's for player's who'd like to wear what they want to wear and not have to worry about the pesky stats if they wanna play PvP but maintained the option for people to make some sort of unstoppable stat juggernaut to kick ass with in other game modes and in the story, striking a balance between both.
Chances are it's gonna be like certain MMOs where the you equip clothes, and in can also make "outfits" that only affect visuals. That way you can have stat progression as you collect new equipment (clothes) yet keep the look you want.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:08 am

^Well if that's the case, then I can't wait for it. I've always liked that kinda system.
Also, I guess it's because it's just a demo, but the character placements is so unorganized

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:54 am

SSJ3 seems to get rid of any head accessories you have on your character. The Great Saiyaman character with the bandana and glasses loses them once transformed. I'm hoping they don't magically reappear once you transform back... (although I'm not going to give them that much credit). I just want a gi where your not forced to wear the tight undershirt and I think I saw that in the video.

Sad to see clothes still can't be colour changed, that's a bummer. What a tease to keep showing the commander red outfit in different colours but then it turns out they just made a colour version of that. Maybe every clothing item has a colourable version but again that's wishful thinking. I'm not too stressed about the stats still on clothes as I think there will be ways to change that or you can just play the no stats mode in online vs.

Menus look nice and this isn't really relatable to anything but Kid Gohan got a new outfit with the white headband. That actually wasn't in Xenoverse 1 he just had the no headband version. Also female CaC has an option for Videls pigtails as a hairstyle, you can see it really quickly if you slow down the video on YouTube to 0.25 speed and keep pausing

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:47 am

nato25 wrote:SSJ3 seems to get rid of any head accessories you have on your character. The Great Saiyaman character with the bandana and glasses loses them once transformed. I'm hoping they don't magically reappear once you transform back... (although I'm not going to give them that much credit). I just want a gi where your not forced to wear the tight undershirt and I think I saw that in the video.

Sad to see clothes still can't be colour changed, that's a bummer. What a tease to keep showing the commander red outfit in different colours but then it turns out they just made a colour version of that. Maybe every clothing item has a colourable version but again that's wishful thinking. I'm not too stressed about the stats still on clothes as I think there will be ways to change that or you can just play the no stats mode in online vs.

Menus look nice and this isn't really relatable to anything but Kid Gohan got a new outfit with the white headband. That actually wasn't in Xenoverse 1 he just had the no headband version. Also female CaC has an option for Videls pigtails as a hairstyle, you can see it really quickly if you slow down the video on YouTube to 0.25 speed and keep pausing
That's not true. You can see how many costume pieces that have the multicolored icon in the menu.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:58 am

Zero-ELEC wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:"Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" producer Hirano explained that they are going to figure out a way to basically let you choose what you want to wear in "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" without having to worry about stats.

Chances are it's gonna be like certain MMOs where the you equip clothes, and in can also make "outfits" that only affect visuals. That way you can have stat progression as you collect new equipment (clothes) yet keep the look you want.
Either that or we'll have a mechanic where we can take stats from one peice of clothing and put them on another.

Also:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWVOg1VKm-o 6 v 1 gameplay
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017