"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:05 pm

I'm looking forward to what techniques i'll be able to steal him for my own character :D
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Bullza wrote:So Hit is in the game afterall. So when you people were telling me that they weren't in the game because they'd already done planning before Super began I didn't know what I was talking about... then that wasn't true at all was it?

No excuse then not to have Champa or Vados or maybe even Botamo and Magetta either.
Hit was only developed in the last month or so. I reiterate:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Rhymestyle mentioned that Hit was originally intended to be DLC. He was the very last character worked on and that he was told the previous beta version of the game they played during one of their invitational playtests actually had zero data for him. Dimps decided to work super hard to squeeze Hit into the base game due to his immense popularity from the poll that set up and sent off to Bandai Namco.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:22 pm

simtek34 wrote:
The S wrote:
Sodhi wrote:Hit is not DLC, he is included in game roster according to Rhymestyle. Cabba and Frost are DLC.
what the heck is a Rhymestyle
Dragon Ball Youtuber
So some rando? What makes him or her an authority on anything?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:26 pm

The S wrote:
simtek34 wrote:
The S wrote:
Dragon Ball Youtuber
He was good in online Xenoverse, so he got popular and kids worship him ''play with us Rhymestyle''.
I don't aknowledge youtubers tough. He was just good in Xenoverse and got following, so Bandai supports him, that's all.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:29 pm

"Please be excited with the new characters that are coming to Xenoverse 2!! Those characters that you wouldn't know about, if you aren't watching Dragon Ball Super illegally on Internet every week." - Bandai

Jokes aside, this is great.
[spoiler]Goku SSB+Kaiokenx10, Zamasu and Goku Black SSR should make the cut too, sooner or later.[/spoiler]
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gerzo
Patreon Supporter

Post by Gerzo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:how do you guys think the u6 arc will work? You enter the tournament instead of Buu?
That would be so cool. I'd love it if they made Magetta a boss battle like those Oozaru missions.
And instead of pulling on a tail to weaken him your character shouts and insult

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Actual original Super content (not BoG or "F") wasn't planned outside of Trunks and Black. Rhymestyle mentioned that Hit was originally intended to be DLC. He was the very last character worked on and that he was told the previous beta version of the game they played during one of their invitational playtests actually had zero data for him. Dimps decided to work super hard to squeeze Hit into the base game due to his immense popularity from the poll that was set up and sent off to Bandai Namco.
Man, I have to once again give major props to DIMPS. They busted their arses to give the fans what they wanted. Kudos.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:47 pm

The S wrote:
simtek34 wrote:
The S wrote:
Dragon Ball Youtuber
He and a few other Dragonball Youtubers receive insider info from Bandai to spread around, sometimes they even get to record footage of the game that no one else has access to yet.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:"Please be excited with the new characters that are coming to Xenoverse 2!! Those characters that you wouldn't know about, if you aren't watching Dragon Ball Super illegally on Internet every week." - Bandai

[spoiler]Goku SSB+Kaiokenx10, Zamasu and Goku Black SSR should make the cut too, sooner or later.[/spoiler]
All of those should be in. I don't see why they wouldn't get in through DLC. It is already setup to bring them in and for all we know SSBK10 could already be in the game. If they actually wrote that if you aren't watching part on their post Bandai's marketing/social media department is hilarious.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:05 pm

THEGOKU wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:"Please be excited with the new characters that are coming to Xenoverse 2!! Those characters that you wouldn't know about, if you aren't watching Dragon Ball Super illegally on Internet every week." - Bandai

All of those should be in. I don't see why they wouldn't get in through DLC. It is already setup to bring them in and for all we know SSBK10 could already be in the game. If they actually wrote that if you aren't watching part on their post Bandai's marketing/social media department is hilarious.
Well, DBS is gonna be on crunchyroll, animelabs, etc starting Saturday

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:17 pm

THEGOKU wrote: All of those should be in. I don't see why they wouldn't get in through DLC. It is already setup to bring them in and for all we know SSBK10 could already be in the game. If they actually wrote that if you aren't watching part on their post Bandai's marketing/social media department is hilarious.
Nah, that was just me. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm guessing a new variation of Blue Goku will be present in the DLC with Frost and Kyabe that will have Kaioken. I'm curious if Piccolo will get a new variation as well based off of his fight with Frost.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:33 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

I'm guessing a new variation of Blue Goku will be present in the DLC with Frost and Kyabe that will have Kaioken. I'm curious if Piccolo will get a new variation as well based off of his fight with Frost.
Multi-Form Special Beam Cannon attack?

That would be pretty neat.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Multi-Form Special Beam Cannon attack?

That would be pretty neat.
I want his antenna beam, that was pretty cool.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Two questions:

1- I can change the dialogue from English to Japanese?

2- After the animated cutscene about Tullece and Slug we have a dialogue that in English is dubbed but it seems in Japanese is not? Is that just a beta thing? Because if not why they would dub a part that intentionally was not dubbed in the original?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

American Pelican
Not-So-Newbie

Post by American Pelican » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Noah wrote:Two questions:

1- I can change the dialogue from English to Japanese?

2- After the animated cutscene about Tullece and Slug we have a dialogue that in English is dubbed but it seems in Japanese is not? Is that just a beta thing? Because if not why they would dub a part that intentionally was not dubbed in the original?
1. Yes
2. Might just be an error on Gamespot's part. Apparently they took their copy of the video down, this is a re-up.
Beat it! And take your planet with you!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Saiyan Island says the game will have 28 stages. They've listed 17 that they know of. I think only 4 of them are new.

Which one is "Beach"?

How many stages did Xenoverse have? Both with and without DLC?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Would someone who wasn't very fond of the "Tenkaichi" games enjoy Xenoverse? I thought the battle system in games like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was too much of a hassle to learn, but i heard Xenoverse isn't exactly a fighting game, and the exploration aspect interests me.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:49 pm

It's pretty simple. Fits the moniker of easy to learn hard to master. You can go in there with basic square and triangle combos and do just fine along with your supers and ultimates.

Then if you want you can start learning cancels, which combos go well with each other and timing all that together to create intricate combos. That being said you could easily ignore all that if you just want to get through the story.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:51 pm

It will be the first time I'll play Dragon Ball in PC (keyboard, precisely, as I don't have a PC control, nor money enough for that). I hope I can get used to its mechanics as soon as possible.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~