"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:49 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
But, they're still part of the main story? It makes sense to include them. No SSJ2 Adult Gohan either. :shock: It would have been nice to give him his supreme kai attire?

Everything else besides improved game-play looks the exact same, along with nicer cutscenes.

I heard they have the same annoying music too, and the character select screen is the same lol.
stages from XV1 , most of the music , character select is not exactly the same , how is that everything else besides gameplay?
what about the hub ?
CaC options/costumes?
new characters?
new stages?
CaC transformations?
costume atacks?
flying in the hub?
new mentor's?
i dont know if i forgot something.
put these things all together and it looks like a decent suquel, xenoverse 1.5 is straight up insulting imo.
I'm just pissed at the disappointing character roster and available costumes. Tenkaichi 2 had a larger roster, and now we have to wait another few years for Xenoverse 3.
The game will be fun to play, but it's nice to have lots of different characters, that's the reason why fans love Tenkaichi 3 so much.
Still, I believe Xenoverse 2 ends up being superior because of how each character feels. Tenkaichi had tons of clones. And by clones I mean different characters who had the very same strings and specials.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:56 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
But, they're still part of the main story? It makes sense to include them. No SSJ2 Adult Gohan either. :shock: It would have been nice to give him his supreme kai attire?

Everything else besides improved game-play looks the exact same, along with nicer cutscenes.

I heard they have the same annoying music too, and the character select screen is the same lol.
stages from XV1 , most of the music , character select is not exactly the same , how is that everything else besides gameplay?
what about the hub ?
CaC options/costumes?
new characters?
new stages?
CaC transformations?
costume atacks?
flying in the hub?
new mentor's?
put these things all together and it looks like a decent suquel, xenoverse 1.5 is straight up insulting imo.
I'm just pissed at the disappointing character roster and available costumes. Tenkaichi 2 had a larger roster, and now we have to wait another few years for Xenoverse 3.
The game will be fun to play, but it's nice to have lots of different characters, that's the reason why fans love Tenkaichi 3 so much.
i feel you, i had fun with BT3 making my own story with the characters but it got boring pretty fast.
character's are not everything,tho. You can complain about this or that character not being in the game but i find it sad how ppl let that take away the whole fun of xenoverse 2.
xenoverse 2 is a far better game than BT3 imo.
but this isnt the thread to discuss that.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Tsufuru wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Tsufuru wrote: stages from XV1 , most of the music , character select is not exactly the same , how is that everything else besides gameplay?
what about the hub ?
CaC options/costumes?
new characters?
new stages?
CaC transformations?
costume atacks?
flying in the hub?
new mentor's?
i feel you, i had fun with BT3 making my own story with the characters but it got boring pretty fast.
character's are not everything,tho. You can complain about this or that character not being in the game but i find it sad how ppl let that take away the whole fun of xenoverse 2.
Yeah, I know in terms of quality XV2 is clearly superior and offers much more to grab our attention. It just feels like there's something missing for me. Like they're giving us the newer characters, and leaving behind the old ones. I'll still buy it regardless anyways lol. It's just going to feel strange not using SSJ2 Adult Gohan for the first time ever.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:22 pm

So far, this game is ticking a lot of my boxes, awesome hub, less artificial, no more costume stats (kinda) and getting rid (kinda) of the RNG. I plan on buying this when I get rid of my shitty ass PS4.
[spoiler]Not calling the PS4 shitty, I'm calling mine a piece of shit[/spoiler]
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Okay, I think they've added something new to the PQ's. Like in some when you beat the enemy in an area, you get extra time.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:40 pm

nato25 wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zsgF3Y9uU
^Whoa, just saw English gameplay of Black Rose. I must say, his voice is...
That's normal Black. And I hope that isn't the finished game, his win quote is in Japanese... this is the same problem as the spirit bomb from the last game. Audio so far has been a mess in both Xenoverse games
Yes, I know, but I'm calling him "Black Rose" regardless.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:43 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Yeah, I know in terms of quality XV2 is clearly superior and offers much more to grab our attention. It just feels like there's something missing for me. Like they're giving us the newer characters, and leaving behind the old ones. I'll still buy it regardless anyways lol. It's just going to feel strange not using SSJ2 Adult Gohan for the first time ever.
tbh i want hatchiyack.
i liked him a lot in RB2.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Knowing TFS is now going to have to [spoiler]battle masked Dumplin[/spoiler] sounds amazing.

I'm tempted to bite the bullet and give XV2 on PC a shot even if my laptop is a bit below the requirements. Maybe if I keep the settings on low and don't do anything too heavy I'll be ok?

I'll decide later today. I have till tomorrow.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Speaking of TFS, is there "guys" and "HEY!" in this game ?
Cause if not, 0outta10fuckdisgamdontbuy.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Darn it. The wait is killing me, I just wanna play it already. :cry:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Well, I got the day 1 edition without pre-order. And not getting the S1 pass (because fuck that noise). Now to wait 2months before I can actually play it. Maybe sooner if I just decide to get the PS4-Pro on my own, though will still wait to try and get it during a Black Friday sale...and then watch it be the XV2 special edition with Black Goku on it...which actually would be a neat gimmick to sell the damn things.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
nato25 wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zsgF3Y9uU
^Whoa, just saw English gameplay of Black Rose. I must say, his voice is...
That's normal Black. And I hope that isn't the finished game, his win quote is in Japanese... this is the same problem as the spirit bomb from the last game. Audio so far has been a mess in both Xenoverse games
Yes, I know, but I'm calling him "Black Rose" regardless.
That makes no sense.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

ImpactKing

Post by ImpactKing » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:28 pm

I created a saiyan named Arlic. My mind fails me sometimes
Love the game so far, But have to play a bit more to form a full thought on the game
Playing Xenoverse 2 on X1(For now) - GT iMPACT KING 09

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 pm

I have to wait for tomorrow for Xenoverse 2 Deluxe Edition to be at my gamestop.

Some people on Xbox One are reporting the achievements to be locked.

And about this changing history after you complete the game thingy....

[spoiler]Is it just the Future Trunks saves Future Gohan and SSJ3 Bardock vs Mira missions? If so that's lame.[/spoiler]

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 pm

The audio is so bad. :sick:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Played Frieza's race last time, going with namekian this round when the game's out in the uk.

My guys going to be called Cerith (named after a genus of garstopods), a mutant namekian from of Naraka's Evil Namekian Clan (DB Online Future). Their evil hearts have begun to corrupt even their normal offspring, Cerith having an single, oni like horn rather then antenna.

While strong the poor guy did not have any predisposition towards evil and was treated like a freak as a child forcing him to live alone. Because of what he is good namekians and most of the world populous treat him as an evil demon.

However the Supreme Kai of Time saw the goodness within him, which had never diminished despite the way he has been treated, and recruited him into the time patrol. Now with a new home and better life, Cerith has the chance to grow as a warrior and a hero. He is also given the chance fulfill his greatest desire, learning more about true namekian history, culture and martial arts(something the evil namekians had turned their back on or corrupted).

Sorry, I can never create a character without giving them a backstory.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Does anyone know where to find the DJ character to hear the Steve Aoiko remixes?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:02 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:Yeah, I know in terms of quality XV2 is clearly superior and offers much more to grab our attention. It just feels like there's something missing for me. Like they're giving us the newer characters, and leaving behind the old ones. I'll still buy it regardless anyways lol. It's just going to feel strange not using SSJ2 Adult Gohan for the first time ever
What? There's no SSJ2 Gohan in this game? How this can be possible?!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Spotted King Vegeta's outfit in the game.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Noah wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:Yeah, I know in terms of quality XV2 is clearly superior and offers much more to grab our attention. It just feels like there's something missing for me. Like they're giving us the newer characters, and leaving behind the old ones. I'll still buy it regardless anyways lol. It's just going to feel strange not using SSJ2 Adult Gohan for the first time ever
What? There's no SSJ2 Gohan in this game? How this can be possible?!
SSJ2 Adult Gohan. Was he in the first game?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017