"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1328
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:01 pm

yeah it does look a little awkward especially in story cutscenes, but they are poorly animated in general.

User avatar
Anime Kitten
I Live Here
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Goku looks fine to me. At first glance, his face can look off, but I really like how it looks in the cutscenes.

Also, I haven't unlocked her yet, and maybe it's just me, but does Pan's shirt look ever-so-slightly shorter in Conton?
MyAnimeList | Naruto Forums
Discord: Nagareboshi#5185

User avatar
BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here
Posts: 2058
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:07 am
Location: Space USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:24 pm

So I managed to unlock the third Super Saiyan variation "Future Super Saiyan." Has anyone managed to find out what stats it boosts besides having a weaker ki regen debuff?

User avatar
Gold_Jacobson
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gold_Jacobson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:36 pm

Someone wanted to know how to get Kinton/Nimbus vehicle.

Have to beat the story.

Then fly around relatively high, a little less than the ceiling, and look for a guy flying around named "Oba." He gives it to you.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7608
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 pm

ryou766 wrote:Anyone else bothered by Base Goku's overly muscular build?
I am, pretty much. Never liked how characters are designed this way in XV series
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 pm

I need help over here, please:
My Time Patroller name is Yonedge and when I enter online mode it says Inadequates words detected, the name of your character will be replaced with PATROLLER to the other players. Anyone knows why does this happens? how I can solve this? Since when Yonedge is a bad word?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Gold_Jacobson wrote:Someone wanted to know how to get Kinton/Nimbus vehicle.

Have to beat the story.

Then fly around relatively high, a little less than the ceiling, and look for a guy flying around named "Oba." He gives it to you.
That was me. Thanks, but I came across him the other day. The nimbus is fun to ride when I don't feel like flying. :thumbup:

Still wish there was a way to send in some ideas to Bandai.

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:08 pm

Noah wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Anyone else bothered by Base Goku's overly muscular build?
I am, pretty much. Never liked how characters are designed this way in XV series
Me too on Base Gokû. I prefer lean-but-still-athletically-built-Base-Gokû. Having Base Gokû not be overly muscular would also better contrast with the larger muscular ssj1/2/3.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 pm
Location: VA

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeSSJ » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm doing a strike build, just want to kno how much stats points I should drop in to each. I have the Dragon Balls and plan to reset my attributes. My qq bang is lvl 5 it's -5 hp, -5 ki, +5 stamina, +5 BA, +5 SS, -5 KBS.

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Alright so I just used Nail for the first time online and he's actually pretty damn good. I'm quite surprised.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sailor Haumea » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:25 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Alright so I just used Nail for the first time online and he's actually pretty damn good. I'm quite surprised.
Are you NAAAAAAILing your opponents?
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

"I don't know about you, but that sounds kind of like your regime collapsing." - Kuriza (Break Through the Limit)

I'm Rocketman's girlfriend!

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:27 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Alright so I just used Nail for the first time online and he's actually pretty damn good. I'm quite surprised.
Are you NAAAAAAILing your opponents?
You could say that, yes.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Sorry for the the double post but update 1.02 is now live on PSN.
  • Improved lag and sync issues during online play
  • Changed default setting when executing quick match and search
  • Shortened duration of load sequence
  • Adjusted parameters to balance battle
  • Other minor bug fixes
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:55 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Sorry for the the double post but update 1.02 is now live on PSN.

I seent it. :angel:


So I just beat the main story. Was pretty easy for the most part. Overall it was okay. Some parts had "WOW!" moments, and the rest was "Eh". Figured it'd be a little longer tho. Maybe that's what the DLC is for.

Gameplay is more fun, much better from the last game.

Love the inclusion of a training mode. The hub world is way more fun, more interactive. Haven't gotten to much of the side quests yet. I always tend to do the story before anything else.

Fanservice is amazing.

Graphics update is nice (except when your avatar is in the time vault, he has old xenoverse shading for some reason).

PQ's, are always just PQ's. It just feels like work to be honest.

Don't want to ramble, game is a 7.5/10.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. Instagram

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13033
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:48 pm

Still looking for Senzu bean Capsule...which when combined with two Future Trunks jackets is supposed to offer a great QQ bang for my build.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:11 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Still looking for Senzu bean Capsule...which when combined with two Future Trunks jackets is supposed to offer a great QQ bang for my build.
Are you talking about the Senzu Essence Capsule? If so you can just buy it at the item shop.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13033
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:33 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Still looking for Senzu bean Capsule...which when combined with two Future Trunks jackets is supposed to offer a great QQ bang for my build.
Are you talking about the Senzu Essence Capsule? If so you can just buy it at the item shop.
No the guide said something different.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Also those Extreme challenges have some stupid infinite dodge mechanic that started with Omega. For some reason melee is impossible and it promotes ki spam, as that seems to do super well in the fight.....then there's the bullshit giant death ball thrown out of bounds....where nothing can stop it.....bullshit.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:01 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Still looking for Senzu bean Capsule...which when combined with two Future Trunks jackets is supposed to offer a great QQ bang for my build.
Are you talking about the Senzu Essence Capsule? If so you can just buy it at the item shop.
No the guide said something different.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Also those Extreme challenges have some stupid infinite dodge mechanic that started with Omega. For some reason melee is impossible and it promotes ki spam, as that seems to do super well in the fight.....then there's the bullshit giant death ball thrown out of bounds....where nothing can stop it.....bullshit.
Ultimates work nice on him. With 80 points in Ki supers my Female Saiyan was doing half to entire health bars to him with Assault Rain and Giant Storm. Though I suggest wishing for the melee ult Burning Spin as it lets you break the crystals and fend him off at the same time. I would suggest Blue Hurrican but you get that in another expert mission that requires beating Omega first.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:49 am

I'm reading that PC version has some issues (i.e freezing). Any PC gamer here..? I need detailed info.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Darkblade1995 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:02 am

Zenkashuu wrote:I'm reading that PC version has some issues (i.e freezing). Any PC gamer here..? I need detailed info.
I play on PC since day one and I havent had any issues like freezing. I have had 2 graphical issues in the ''Ginyu switches bodies'' and the ''Father-Son Kamehameha'' cutscenes, but that's about it.

Post Reply