"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:24 pm

Did anyone else get feels when Future Trunks attempted to stop Future Gohan from meeting his fate? I love that scene, so heart wrenching.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:27 pm

ryou766 wrote:Did anyone else get feels when Future Trunks attempted to stop Future Gohan from meeting his fate? I love that scene, so heart wrenching.
Right in the feels!
I loved all of Gohan's lines.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13034
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Grimlock wrote:How do I unlock Kaio-ken? I've been trying different ways to beat its Parallel Quest to get it but none succeed. Even defeating those random Time Patrollers that generally they are the ones who give you stuff you want.
I just got it from the PQ eventually. That's how I did it. It goes to level 20 depending on how much ki you have when you use it. It's also stamina based.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:


Doesn't even work on a person who doesn't move. It just misses.
The move isnt terrible, its just useless for early on in the game. The thing with stamina breaking is that the less they have, the less time they have to recover. The KKX20 KMHMH is a long ult just like Dragon Fist. If the enemy has only 3 or 4 bars of stamina, they usually recover and enter their invincible recover frames before the last attack hits. The move is much better later on in the game where enemies have 5+ bars of stamina. Once you break them you more often than not have enough time for the ult to complete and get the full damage. Try using it again during Cell or Buu onwards and youll most likely start landing it.
Alright I'll give it a shot with stamina breaking, but even then I feel you can just use Kaioken X4 Kamehameha. It comes out pretty fast, is great for ending a combo, and you can make it stronger if you want to risk a little cool down period. I also use X100 Big Bang as when it hits...it does a ridiculous amount of damage. It utterly wrecks Oozaru fights just on it's own. I don't have a PVP set up just yet. It's all PVE for the most part til I feel like making a PVP ready character.
I largely ignored the X4 ultimate. I chose to port over Cell's Perfect Kamehameha and it worked wonders early on until the AI difficulty raises and they get more savvy with dodging and moving out of the way. You can try using that off the end of a Stamina Break combo and see how that works because it does more damage than the X4 (being a 400 ki cost ult). If you also want to do good damage with beam moves and not risk the X4, use supers like Kaio-Ken Kamehameha or Earth Splitting Galick Gun.

Id suggest Super Kamehameha but you need to either port it over or beat the game and finish training with Goku to get it. Theres also Final Kamehameha from the medal shop (has a very slightly longer startup than Super but does obscene damage if it lands). Downside its one of the 500 ki ults so you need to be level 50 or have 50 points in ki. If all else fails, Giant Storm. Just as broken as ever.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13034
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:28 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
The move isnt terrible, its just useless for early on in the game. The thing with stamina breaking is that the less they have, the less time they have to recover. The KKX20 KMHMH is a long ult just like Dragon Fist. If the enemy has only 3 or 4 bars of stamina, they usually recover and enter their invincible recover frames before the last attack hits. The move is much better later on in the game where enemies have 5+ bars of stamina. Once you break them you more often than not have enough time for the ult to complete and get the full damage. Try using it again during Cell or Buu onwards and youll most likely start landing it.
Alright I'll give it a shot with stamina breaking, but even then I feel you can just use Kaioken X4 Kamehameha. It comes out pretty fast, is great for ending a combo, and you can make it stronger if you want to risk a little cool down period. I also use X100 Big Bang as when it hits...it does a ridiculous amount of damage. It utterly wrecks Oozaru fights just on it's own. I don't have a PVP set up just yet. It's all PVE for the most part til I feel like making a PVP ready character.
I largely ignored the X4 ultimate. I chose to port over Cell's Perfect Kamehameha and it worked wonders early on until the AI difficulty raises and they get more savvy with dodging and moving out of the way. You can try using that off the end of a Stamina Break combo and see how that works because it does more damage than the X4 (being a 400 ki cost ult). If you also want to do good damage with beam moves and not risk the X4, use supers like Kaio-Ken Kamehameha or Earth Splitting Galick Gun.

Id suggest Super Kamehameha but you need to either port it over or beat the game and finish training with Goku to get it. Theres also Final Kamehameha from the medal shop (has a very slightly longer startup than Super but does obscene damage if it lands). Downside its one of the 500 ki ults so you need to be level 50 or have 50 points in ki. If all else fails, Giant Storm. Just as broken as ever.
I use 4x as it is very good at hitting people at the end of a combo for an ultimate. Super/Perfect do not have that same virtue. They tend to avoid that at the end of the combo. But with Kaioken x4 I can usually guarantee a combo finish with it on any difficulty. Less time to block it too. I do use Kaioken Kamehameha as it does a little more damage than the ESGG. It also works wonders at the end of a combo.

Final Kamehameha tends to miss and I've had better luck with BBK x100 for some reason. It also does more damage than Final Kamehameha I think. Of course if I go PVP I need to switch out some moves, but strictly PVE is what I do til I've got a satisfactory amount of moves and options.

Also I hear people talking about load times...but I guess it's just PC users who are lucky in that area. My load times are so short. But I do get crashes every now and then. But I think it stopped after the patch.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15085
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:17 am

Wow does Hub World become amazing after your cac gets their flying licence. :shock: Now I see why the hub takes so long to initially load on my laptop! It's wider than I thought!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:21 am

Kanassa wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Did anyone else get feels when Future Trunks attempted to stop Future Gohan from meeting his fate? I love that scene, so heart wrenching.
Right in the feels!
I loved all of Gohan's lines.
That scene was nothing short of perfect. I'd be happy if they made it canon.

User avatar
KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6473
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:29 am

So I decided to undergo the task of making sure I never put a single stat point into my Freeza race character until after I unlocked the golden form. I did this to compare the stat boosts between it and Potential Unleashed to see which form is best for the race. Below is the damage I got from doing tests on normal combo strings, a melee and ki super, and a melee and ki ult.

[spoiler]Light String - 2143
Potential Unleashed - 2464
Turn Golden - 2143

Heavy String - 2516
Potential Unleashed - 2894
Turn Golden - 2516

Charged Heavy String - 2890
Potential Unleashed - 3324
Turn Golden - 2890

Heavy 1 - Light 8 - 1678
Potential Unleashed - 1929
Turn Golden - 1678

Heavy 1 - Light 4 - Heavy 2 - 2053
Potential Unleashed - 2360
Turn Golden - 2053

Heavy - Light - Heavy - Light - Heavy - 3827
Potential Unleashed - 4399
Turn Golden - 3827

Melee Super (Super Dragon Fist) - 1859
Potential Unleashed - 2139
Turn Golden - 1859

Ki Super (Kamehameha) - 2661
Potential Unleashed -3066
Turn Golden - 3471

Melee Ult (Justice Combination) - 5067
Potential Unleashed - 5832
Turn Golden - 5067

Ki Ult (Full Power Energy Wave) - 3556
Potential Unleashed - 4090
Turn Golden - 4623[/spoiler]

My character was level 59 during testing and had 0 stat points in every attribute and also had no clothing, items, or super soul equipped. I'm no good when it comes to percentages so those of you good at math can probably figure out the percentage differences between the two forms, though at first glance it seems Turn Golden favors ki oriented moves.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1331
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:46 am

Awesome man great find.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:20 am

Got this game late Saturday (Oct 29th). Beat the story/final boss early Wednesday (Nov 2nd) and am on level 72. :lol: Curious, did anyone get this far faster than I did? :lol:

User avatar
Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:28 pm
Location: Robot Mountain
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Marty Kirra » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:24 am

Grimlock wrote:How do I unlock Kaio-ken? I've been trying different ways to beat its Parallel Quest to get it but none succeed. Even defeating those random Time Patrollers that generally they are the ones who give you stuff you want.
This is pure RNG, unfortunately, you just gotta keep beating it until you get it!

Also does anybody know if the latest patch fixed the "play the entire game again with each new character" bug?

User avatar
GTx10
Regular
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Beerus's Palace

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GTx10 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:53 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
GTx10 wrote: The problem is stamina breaking is not easy to pull off. Personally I rarely if ever pull it off because its so impractical in actual combat. The game's reliance on it is 'in a way, game breaking.' Also waiting for someone to mess up by say, shooting a Kamehameha and then stamina breaking them from behind is both annoying and in my opinion, not a real "fair fight."
Your just waiting to strike at a blunder. I'm ranting now aren'tI? The moral of the story is that stamina breaking is hard to pull off. Also... You seem unnaturally talented when it comes to the Xenoverse games lol.
All It takes is a little practice and good timing. You're not going to know how to pull it off perfectly from the start. After the shit show known as Combo Attack Time!- Advanced I've notice my timing with stamina breaking has gotten a lot better.

My point is, I've practiced & learned how to stamina break, perfect block etc. correctly, there is nothing unnatural about it. You find it hard and "game breaking" because I'm guessing you haven't even bothered to learn it, correct?
I know how to use stamina break. I'm not good at it. I don't always press the up tilt plus X correctly to pull it off.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:20 am

Grimlock wrote:How do I unlock Kaio-ken? I've been trying different ways to beat its Parallel Quest to get it but none succeed. Even defeating those random Time Patrollers that generally they are the ones who give you stuff you want.
I got it first try getting the Ultimate Finish

User avatar
Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 6:03 pm
Location: Spain

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chelentano » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 am

I hate that Namekian guy with a wig who stole my hologram!
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

User avatar
Xaroc
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:45 am

Hehe, I like the yellow Mini-Boos. They gave me Super Bebi 2 clothes, Oob Clothes, Oob (w/ Boo fused) clothes, Dabras Clothes, Kaioshin clothes. Let's see what else.
But currently I'm wearing Gohans blue gi which is nice but gets way too dark when you go Super Saiyajin. Well, I guess I have to wait for Vegettos clothes.
The Super Soul that doubles your EXP is awesome btw. and I bet it get's to super-awesome once we get an EXP-Boost-Event.
Now I'm completing all missing Master Quests to get all Skills.
Last edited by Xaroc on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS4)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

User avatar
TL18
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TL18 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

Again, I hope they make it optional to restart the story. I really like the fact that I can restart.

On a side note tho...According to this article (http://blog.thetshirtcollection.com/dra ... ve-so-far/)

Xenoverse 2 has shipped more units than Xenoverse so far. Of course, we still have to see what the sales figures are but hey...Maybe XV3 2018-19?

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:38 am

TL18 wrote:Again, I hope they make it optional to restart the story. I really like the fact that I can restart.

On a side note tho...According to this article (http://blog.thetshirtcollection.com/dra ... ve-so-far/)

Xenoverse 2 has shipped more units than Xenoverse so far. Of course, we still have to see what the sales figures are but hey...Maybe XV3 2018-19?
Hopefully longer, give DIMPS time tog o balls to the wall crazy!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 6:03 pm
Location: Spain

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chelentano » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:31 am

It would be really cool if they include the original Saiyan outfits in the first DLC.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

User avatar
Xaroc
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:37 am

Speaking of outfits: there is definitely a bug with some outfits when you go Super Saiyajin. "Adult" Gohans gi for example turns completely black. You can still see all details but top, bottom, belt, wrist bands, shinguard and shoes are all black. Same with Nappas battle armor: blue parts turn black, yellow parts white. It's like the game mixes up the color pallete whenever you transform.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS4)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6154
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:42 am

Gohan: When Videl wants something out of you, she won't stop until she gets it.
Videl: Gohan, that;s between you and me!

Gohan, those are not the comments I expect from an instructor! :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Post Reply