"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:36 am

TekTheNinja wrote:https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-xenove ... -gratuite/

Our new costumes and moves and stuff!
Just the costumes I wanted!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 am

Hmm... I thought Bojack would have been a playable character (Zangya would have been a bonus).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:20 am

You know, there's something I don't understand. You take your time to create all these assets. You have a ton of body, face and hair types. You also have the possibility to combine movesets in order to create a whole new playstyle. That's without taking into account the assets that the devs themselves have which aren't available to players.

With like, 10 minutes in game you can create those characters yourself. No mods or anything, just using the engine. Why aren't the devs actually making those characters? Why give out two-character packs when for the same price you can create a more attractive offering?

Sure, nobody really wants Bido and Android 15, but if you put them in together with some more beloved characters people are going to buy them. Then you also get to brag with a large roster and advantageus DLC prices, shutting up any complainings about those stuff. I mean, 8 dollars for two characters is kind of a rip off, but 8 dollars for 4-5 is perfectly acceptable.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 am

Draconic wrote:You know, there's something I don't understand. You take your time to create all these assets. You have a ton of body, face and hair types. You also have the possibility to combine movesets in order to create a whole new playstyle. That's without taking into account the assets that the devs themselves have which aren't available to players.

With like, 10 minutes in game you can create those characters yourself. No mods or anything, just using the engine. Why aren't the devs actually making those characters? Why give out two-character packs when for the same price you can create a more attractive offering?

Sure, nobody really wants Bido and Android 15, but if you put them in together with some more beloved characters people are going to buy them. Then you also get to brag with a large roster and advantageus DLC prices, shutting up any complainings about those stuff. I mean, 8 dollars for two characters is kind of a rip off, but 8 dollars for 4-5 is perfectly acceptable.
We all would have wish the industry worked that way :?
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 pm

MisteryOne wrote:Btw, I suppose Base Goku Black is never going to be released as a DLC and will be keep as a preorder exclusive, right? That sucks. Well, I hope Rosé is not a reskin at least.
He actually will be released as part of DLC in the future. Bandai has already said that MONTHS ago.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Looking forward to seeing Zangya's clothes on my character. :mrgreen: But hey, between that and the BGM update, I'll finally have an excuse to take a break from Ninja Storm. Y'know, probably.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Base Goku Black will be available together with his Super Saiyan Rosé form, hopefully Goku Black will actually transforms into it, which is still consistent to what has been previously said. There's no logic adding base Goku Black now and later his Super Saiyan Rosé.

The only worry here is Merged Zamasu, he isn't confirm to appear yet.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Via Twitter (https://twitter.com/Anamaze_) I've read that we'll get a patch containing things like this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
- 10x Kamehame Ha: 200 Ki, but buffed damage output. Uncharged it will fire faster.
- Dragonburn: can be vanished out (shortened time until you can vanish)
- Dragon Fist: Evasive Moves work even when hit
- Absolute Zero: startup time reduced, when hit while frozen you won't be freed sooner, frozen time overall reduced
- God of Destruction Anger: now takes two Ki bars instead of one
- Purification: reduced stamina drain, sdash speed increased
- Giant Meteor: reduced startup time
- Hell's Flash: increased damage output
- Go Go Gum: reduced being trapped time
- Kaioken Assault: reduced Ki cost, nerfed damage output, you can vanish out of it when hit,
- Super Explosive Wave (Future Gohan): reduced Ki cost
- Punisher Driv: last hit can be guared
- Cross Arm Drive: you can change the attack via pressing L or R stick in the air
- Crazy Finger Shot: increased damage output
- Mighty Exposive Wafe (Majin Vegeta): increased damage output
- Burning Attack: sends you flying instead of tossing you up in the air
- Rolling Mr. Satan Punch: 2 more rolls possible
- Ki Blast Canon: time until hit enemies can vanish is shortened
- Fake Blast: can be vanished out (shortened time until you can vanish out)
- Thunder Eraser: shortened time until you can vanish out

(not the right order as in the pic and no garantee that everything is right. I just saw it an thought I post it here)
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Xaroc wrote:- Purification: reduced stamina drain, sdash speed increased
FINALLY! :clap: They should fix the bug when you return to normal, the sound effect of charging Ki vanishes. They should also reduce the stamina drain for giant form of the Namekuseijins.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Grimlock wrote:Hopefully Goku Black will actually transforms into it, which is still consistent to what has been previously said. There's no logic adding base Goku Black now and later his Super Saiyan Rosé.
There's still no way to transform into Super Saiyan Blue with Gokū and Vegeta, so I wouldn't get too hopeful for it.

Also, is there any hope of Mr. Schemmel redubbing Black since he might have new clips for Rosé? I'd like to see him with a more accurate voice outside the dub before the next dubbed game.
MyAnimeList | AniList

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Uhm...so,...Zangya and Bido are shown but not going to be playable as characteres ? Wtf..
It's like advertising a chochalate bar, but only releasing the milk..

:/ Well, this is a Xenoverse game afterall, guess we have to live with those bonehead-decisions..

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Draconic wrote:You know, there's something I don't understand. You take your time to create all these assets. You have a ton of body, face and hair types. You also have the possibility to combine movesets in order to create a whole new playstyle. That's without taking into account the assets that the devs themselves have which aren't available to players.

I'm pretty sure they are taking the piss at this point, like they bother making the whole outfit which is like half the work for creating a new character but then decide to just say fuck it and put in as CAC material, they probably think nobody gives a fuck about them, i'm still mad we have Great Ape Baby since the first game and yet we still don't have normal Baby Vegeta but just his outfit like seriously???

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:55 pm

They also can create End of Z-Goku and GT Goku/Vegeta easily, cuz they have the costumes in the game.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Yeah, the Baby Vegeta thing is what is bothering the most and why I probably take such an issue with this and why I started thinking about it in the first place. I mean the outfit is in the game, the body types are there, most of his moves are already copies of old moves, so tweaking stuff already in the game a little and having a few new animations is all it would take for him to be completed. But no, fuck that right? Let's have the Great Ape version nobody gives a shit about, unplayable nonetheless.

Instead we are going to get three new slots for Vegetto Blue, Rose Black and probably Rage Trunks, all characters you can probably make in a month at best (Vegetto Blue doesn't even have new moves for God sake!). Hell, modders have even made very good Zamasu and Merged Zamasu models already. Sure the gameplay of the official versions is going to be more unique, but really, how dumb do they think buyers are that it's taking sooo much time and sooo much effort that by the time you buy all those sub-par packs you could've bought the game twice?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I completely agree with everything that has been said, but I don't know why people still expect actual good content coming from Dimps anymore. I mean, we can't even make a Cac vs Cac, have our Cac as a separate slot most of the scenarios in local mode, change time settings in local mode, he have to repeat the whole history with each Cac AND every PQ, we can't play as Miira final form or Demigra, the choices on the story are quite irrelevant and they don't see to have the balls to make really interesting and/or caotic What if scenarios.
Grimlock wrote:Base Goku Black will be available together with his Super Saiyan Rosé form, hopefully Goku Black will actually transforms into it, which is still consistent to what has been previously said. There's no logic adding base Goku Black now and later his Super Saiyan Rosé.

The only worry here is Merged Zamasu, he isn't confirm to appear yet.
So we can play Black base without the preording thing finally? YES! Despite being a shitty reskin, I love him too much to not use him (Hopefully Rosé will actually have new combos and attacks, let him use the sword and the scythe, for the love of Zeno).

Rosé is Black's SSGSS form so they would make a separare slot and they will have an excuse. And stupid one because Goku and Vegeta should transform into Blue, but well...Ikari Trunks will probably get a similar treatment.

Zamasu should at the very least have a Present and Mirai version and Merged normal and mutated form, but we will see
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Just catching up. Rose has been confirmed? Is this for DLC P2? Free or paid (asking for a friend)? Also, excluding Merged Zamasu, any news on normal Zamasu?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Just catching up. Rose has been confirmed? Is this for DLC P2? Free or paid (asking for a friend)? Also, excluding Merged Zamasu, any news on normal Zamasu?
Rosé will be included in a future paid DLC pack (presumably Pack 3). Zamasu has been confirmed for (again, presumably) the same pack.
MyAnimeList | AniList

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Rosé will be included in a future paid DLC pack (presumably Pack 3). Zamasu has been confirmed for (again, presumably) the same pack.
So old news, then. Alright.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Tried my first raid boss today with the Super 17 event. There's so much stuff going on that it's really hard to even track the guy. I wanted the costume he drops but since you can get it somewhere else, I might just give up on that.

orphen2005

Post by orphen2005 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:22 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Tried my first raid boss today with the Super 17 event. There's so much stuff going on that it's really hard to even track the guy. I wanted the costume he drops but since you can get it somewhere else, I might just give up on that.
this was the easiest event I've played, and I only missed the 2 first events on 5-6november xD they "fixed" the poison bug and this boss doesn't attack so much.. after a couple of mind controls and a giant ball is nothing more than a "piñata" xD I scored 10000 points (2500 contribution, 10000 at the clasification table) at the first try, when I used to score 2000-3000 as maximum per try xd I got 50000+ in 2-3h with pause to have lunch included xd when I used to need 5-6h xD you should've played the masked bardock event.. that really was impossible XD I think I didnt score more than 12k at the end xD