"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Zephyr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zephyr » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Ultimately I'd blame Toei. If the Dragon Balls weren't used that extra time in the manga as well, then it stands to reason that they weren't used there in Toriyama's draft. Which would mean that Dimps is being consistent with what appears to be the least-derivative form of the story: Toriyama's draft.

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:48 pm

There's no reason to blame Dimps, they are following the correct timeline with the correct events and ignoring what must be ignored.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Are there any customizable Saiyan armors in the game besides the TP armor and the Ginyu Force Tagoma armor? I'd really like one without a big logo stamped on it.

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:17 pm

I was told that the new Tournament Stage won't be selectable at local matches,......just why? Why can't we have 7 local stages ? I guess the only two things i'm going to play will be the story campaign and the PQ's then.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Grimlock wrote:There's no reason to blame Dimps, they are following the correct timeline with the correct events and ignoring what must be ignored.
The timeline is wrong though. Freeza was revived in early 779, as well as Shu and Mai's wishes and in late 779 the Universe 6 Arc takes place, including the wish to Shenlong for information on the Super Dragon Balls. In less then a year, 4 wishes are made on the Dragon Balls, meaning we have another Dragon Ball's shouldn't be back just like in the Red Ribbon Army Arc. Not to mention in just the timeline of Xenoverse 2, Coola was revived using the same set of wishes that Freeza was revived in, if we can even count that cause of fixing time and all that confusing junk.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:40 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:The timeline is wrong though. Freeza was revived in early 779, as well as Shu and Mai's wishes and in late 779 the Universe 6 Arc takes place, including the wish to Shenlong for information on the Super Dragon Balls. In less then a year, 4 wishes are made on the Dragon Balls, meaning we have another Dragon Ball's shouldn't be back just like in the Red Ribbon Army Arc. Not to mention in just the timeline of Xenoverse 2, Coola was revived using the same set of wishes that Freeza was revived in, if we can even count that cause of fixing time and all that confusing junk.
The Super era films, manga and Xenoverse content all line up pretty much perfectly in their placement of depicted events. It's only the anime that keeps screwing things up,...but that's something that happened during the original run of the series too. For example, the anime added an extra year between Freeza's defeat on Namek and his cybernetic arrival on Earth. Yet fans, guides, games, etc still tend to place all content after Freeza in the "correct" years.

I'm fairly convinced that if we get a future guide, they'll ignore the little hiccups the various writers created (like the DBs being used to ask about the Super DBs, or to make Pan healthy after the Future Trunks Arc) and just count the big elements as we see here in Xenoverse: Beerus is supposed to be AGE 778, Freeza and Champa in AGE 779, and Trunks somewhere shortly after (whether that rolls over into AGE 780 or not).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 am

Based on what happened in Super Ep. 80....

[spoiler]Could they implement the idea of poison states affects getting worse when characters are transformed in a future? Say SSJ, Kaio-Ken, Golden and Giant all suffer more damage over time.[/spoiler]

TobyS
Advanced Regular

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Do you think the 27th, Free DLC will be available from midnight tonight? (regardless of timezone?)
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:19 pm

I can't wait for Trio De Dangers DLC coming 2018 :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 pm

TobyS wrote:Do you think the 27th, Free DLC will be available from midnight tonight? (regardless of timezone?)
Nah, it'll certainly be released in afternoon, maybe nighttime. It'd be extremely gullible to think they would release something that early considering how poorly managed they were just to announce and release this damn DLC Pack 2.

Lunaar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lunaar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Servers down for anyone else? I just tried to log in multiple times and I was greeted with the "XENOVERSE server is not available" message at the title screen.

...also did anybody else get seven Dragon Balls and a ton of TP medals in their Time Space Delivery inbox this weekend or was that just me? :shock:
[spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:This episode was truly the greatest thing ever. Fuck power scaling. Fuck consistency. Future Trunks manages to do more damage and kill an immortal God with a genki dama sword while SSJB Vegetto can't get the job done. Amazing. Never change Dragon Ball. You're truly one of a kind.
ABED wrote:Canon penis and filler penis :shock:
[/spoiler]
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Footlong Shoe
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 pm

I just got an update for the game on Steam!

And now the game doesn't work...

Steam - Footlong Shoe (psn_trooperman567)
XBL - Footlong Crocs
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1776

Hit me up, I might be willing to talk or play!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Lunaar wrote:Servers down for anyone else? I just tried to log in multiple times and I was greeted with the "XENOVERSE server is not available" message at the title screen.

...also did anybody else get seven Dragon Balls and a ton of TP medals in their Time Space Delivery inbox this weekend or was that just me? :shock:
I did. It was glorious!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 am

So they actually had the balls to release the free DLC way earlier. Well, that was the least they could've done after making us waiting the whole month for this thing. Hopefully they also release the paid DLC early too.

Anyways, I got three costumes out of five and none new accessories out of three. Am I missing something because it's listed on Steam's news those items.

Lunaar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lunaar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:47 am

Despite the patch going live, I'm still unable to connect to the server. As a result, I can only access the new "Music Settings." for Conton City and Battles. ...none of the selections I find all that great to begin with. Here I was hoping we'd get XV1's Toki Toki City theme too. Any word on the Japanese feature having more music by any chance?

Anyway, yeah. No new equipment or anything, as I cannot access their servers. Guess I'll have to wait to play until after work tomorrow... and then again on Tuesday, hah. Who wants to tackle new stuff on Steam with me?
[spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:This episode was truly the greatest thing ever. Fuck power scaling. Fuck consistency. Future Trunks manages to do more damage and kill an immortal God with a genki dama sword while SSJB Vegetto can't get the job done. Amazing. Never change Dragon Ball. You're truly one of a kind.
ABED wrote:Canon penis and filler penis :shock:
[/spoiler]
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 am

Glad to see that they released the patch soon, I'm enjoying it. Anyone knows if the Japanese version has more BGM selection? I want to play with those Shunsuke Kikuchi's OST so badly. Oh, and I can't reach level 90, don't know why.

PD: The server is under maintenance until 3 A.M, I think.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:04 am

This website specifies exactly what we're gonna get from the paid DLC.

I saw someone here asking for Android 13's clothes... Well, not only we'll get them, as we will also get Super Android 13 clothes plus Android 14's clothes. I just hope they add more outfits from Dragon Ball Super and mainly Bardock's headband.

orphen2005

Post by orphen2005 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 am

Grimlock wrote:Anyways, I got three costumes out of five and none new accessories out of three.
where? I only found the maxlvl upgrade (only visiting namekian guru) and the 2 new expert missions... the new clothes are nowhere to be seen and I can't find info on the internet..
PD: as I imagined almost all new content will be sold in tp shop.. so why dont release it yesterday?.. I'm very upset because not only they dont give info about events, or said de dlc2 would be release on february to just release it the last day.. now they do this.. wtf...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:43 am

orphen2005 wrote: or said de dlc2 would be release on february to just release it the last day.. now they do this.. wtf...
That they said they would release it in feburary, only to release it... In febuary?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:44 am

Grimlock wrote:This website specifies exactly what we're gonna get from the paid DLC.

I saw someone here asking for Android 13's clothes... Well, not only we'll get them, as we will also get Super Android 13 clothes plus Android 14's clothes. I just hope they add more outfits from Dragon Ball Super and mainly Bardock's headband.
Love how they still don't list the fact that we get Parallel Quests.
So no Bojack outfit? That's very weird.