"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:04 pm

[spoiler]Okay, gotta admit. That opening cutscene was fucking hilarious.
Also, I imagine that when Trunks is asking why Goku needs to be at the tournament, it gets really akward.

Trunks: Does Goku really need to be there?
SKOT: Of course! It could alter the entire timeline if he's not there, or Zamasu won't see him wth God Ki and kick off the events leading to your timeline's d-... *Cough* It's important![/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

orphen2005

Post by orphen2005 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Kanassa wrote:
orphen2005 wrote: or said de dlc2 would be release on february to just release it the last day.. now they do this.. wtf...
That they said they would release it in feburary, only to release it... In febuary?
when they said "in february" months ago, what did you think? middle february or the last fucking day??

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 pm

orphen2005 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
orphen2005 wrote: or said de dlc2 would be release on february to just release it the last day.. now they do this.. wtf...
That they said they would release it in feburary, only to release it... In febuary?
when they said "in february" months ago, what did you think? middle february or the last fucking day??
I thought late febuary

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Someone on gamefaqs found data for bojack alongside rose black and zamasu. He could be in the next dlc pack.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:45 pm

nato25 wrote:Someone on gamefaqs found data for bojack alongside rose black and zamasu. He could be in the next dlc pack.
Provide link please

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
nato25 wrote:Someone on gamefaqs found data for bojack alongside rose black and zamasu. He could be in the next dlc pack.
Provide link please
I think he's talking about thispost

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 pm

We have data on ZMS, GKR (Who is most likely Goku Black as data such as camera angle and distance are set to be Goku's), BJK and two other unnamed characters (They could be SSB Vegeeto and Merged Zamasu, but it's a bit suspicious that they share none of Vegetto's or Zamasu's moves. Vegetto should at least have Final Kamehameha).

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Kanassa wrote:We have data on ZMS, GKR (Who is most likely Goku Black as data such as camera angle and distance are set to be Goku's), BJK and two other unnamed characters (They could be SSB Vegeeto and Merged Zamasu, but it's a bit suspicious that they share none of Vegetto's or Zamasu's moves. Vegetto should at least have Final Kamehameha).
The last two have almost no data, so I wouldn't look too much into them, they're all just placeholders anyways.
Bojack coming along side Super pack 3 is so strange, wonder if we'll see a rando like that in pack 4.
I just hope free update 3 gives us Blue Goku and Vegeta in their current outfits and maybe turtle neck Trunks, but since free update 2 didn't even bother to give Super Saiyan to Goku and Vegeta in the Whis outfits my confidence is low.

The most interesting thing to me is that Rose Black has his own melee combos apparently, hopefully in the next game they throw out the clone version of Black and just give him that moveset, along with making Rose and Blue just transformations for characters instead of their own characters.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: Bojack coming along side Super pack 3 is so strange, wonder if we'll see a rando like that in pack 4.
I just hope free update 3 gives us Blue Goku and Vegeta in their current outfits and maybe turtle neck Trunks, but since free update 2 didn't even bother to give Super Saiyan to Goku and Vegeta in the Whis outfits my confidence is low.
Which is weird considering that in the DLC story, Vegeta goes Super Saiyan

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Kanassa wrote: Which is weird considering that in the DLC story, Vegeta goes Super Saiyan
I didn't know this... wtf Dimps.
Maybe they are added in the paid DLC and Hit and Kaioken Goku in free update 1 were just throwing people a bone?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Which is weird considering that in the DLC story, Vegeta goes Super Saiyan
I didn't know this... wtf Dimps.
Maybe they are added in the paid DLC and Hit and Kaioken Goku in free update 1 were just throwing people a bone?
It wouldn't be the first time they have characters/costumes in the story/quest that aren't playable. Like, I'm pretty sure a PQ has SS Vegeta in his Saiyan Saga suit and you can't play as him

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Kanassa wrote: It wouldn't be the first time they have characters/costumes in the story/quest that aren't playable. Like, I'm pretty sure a PQ has SS Vegeta in his Saiyan Saga suit and you can't play as him
I know, but this is something that is actually from the show, it'll be extra annoying if we can't use them.
Xenoverse 3 better just let us customize the movesets like the Budokai games.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote: It wouldn't be the first time they have characters/costumes in the story/quest that aren't playable. Like, I'm pretty sure a PQ has SS Vegeta in his Saiyan Saga suit and you can't play as him
I know, but this is something that is actually from the show, it'll be extra annoying if we can't use them.
Xenoverse 3 better just let us customize the movesets like the Budokai games.
That would be nice, however I think XV3 won't be that different from XV2 in much that same way that there wasn't much change between XV1 and XV2.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm

I thought the Free-Update would give us Bojack and etc costumes? All I seemed to get was the ability to change BGM music and to give my character Titles. Where are the costumes and attacks?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:40 pm

GTx10 wrote:I thought the Free-Update would give us Bojack and etc costumes? All I seemed to get was the ability to change BGM music and to give my character Titles. Where are the costumes and attacks?
TP shop

Kanassa wrote:

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 pm

A new DLC pack 2 trailer has been released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryn1JM9v1lE
The cutscenes look great + they teased that they are working on the Future Trunks Saga.

I deeply hope that they decided to add the SSJ transformation to Whis-Gi Goku/Vegeta btw..

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Dayum that trailer was straight hype. Unfortunately I feel like they just showed most of the cutscenes there, a lot of the tournament is going to be missing without botamo and magetta.Time to pick up the season pass I think. And it's great to have confirmation of the Future Trunks arc, that means were most likely getting story content which is mostly what I pay for in these packs.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:23 pm

HOLY SHIT THAT TRAILER IS EPIC! :o

So they actually did create models for Movie 15's outfits Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta, so they'll likely avail them in the next free DLC update.

AND THEY'RE DOING FUTURE TRUNKS SAGA!!! THANKS, DIMPS! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Kick. Ass. Trailer. :clap: :thumbup:

And it's nice to know that Zamasu, SSR Goku Black, SSR Future Trunks and Vegetto Blue are pretty much a done deal. And I can certainly imagine Merged Zamasu being a boss battle type of PQ or Expert Mission.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:And I can certainly imagine Merged Zamasu being a boss battle type of PQ or Expert Mission.
A friend and I discussed about the possibilities. An expert mission having both Zamasu and SSR Black, when one of them sending you away to fight Black's weaker clones, then when you return and beat the two, the final villain is Merged Zamasu.

edit: Does this mean Vegeta and Goku will have maximum charge in their RoF outfits? I hope so.