"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Tipical, my computers busted this weekend.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:34 pm

And apparently I just got nerfed to level 1 now....great...
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:39 pm

I wasn't expecting Bojack's clothes to be so stylish, mainly the chest part. :shock: Anyway, got all parts, now just waiting for DLC Pack 3.

I've just gone to check what Yamcha Raid Mission's reward was, but it was just the Kaioshin's attendant hat of Universe 6, so fortunately I didn't miss anything worth.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Put the mod back on and got back where I was....screw redoing it all XD

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:33 pm

"Extreme Malice" is pure cancer. I've been doing this mission all morning and only made it past Golden Frieza once. Every other time I get close to beating him he spams that rebounding ki blast attack and wipes the whole team in seconds.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:45 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:"Extreme Malice" is pure cancer. I've been doing this mission all morning and only made it past Golden Frieza once. Every other time I get close to beating him he spams that rebounding ki blast attack and wipes the whole team in seconds.
I've been trying for months. I never realised how annoying fights are when you can't use your basic attacks...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:55 pm

I found the new Broly fight terrible as without online, my partners die and leave me alone with him all the time.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:"Extreme Malice" is pure cancer. I've been doing this mission all morning and only made it past Golden Frieza once. Every other time I get close to beating him he spams that rebounding ki blast attack and wipes the whole team in seconds.
I've been trying for months. I never realised how annoying fights are when you can't use your basic attacks...
I just finally beat it. Was NOT expecting Mira to show up after Janemba. Almost threw my controller when that happened. I just spammed Blaster Shell and Destructo Disk and used Super Guard to counter that whirlwind razor attack.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I just finally beat it. Was NOT expecting Mira to show up after Janemba. Almost threw my controller when that happened. I just spammed Blaster Shell and Destructo Disk and used Super Guard to counter that whirlwind razor attack.
Ii just spam my ultimate when the razor attack comes, they can't break your invincibility frames and by the time you strike they're tuckered out and you've got an ultimate.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I found the new Broly fight terrible as without online, my partners die and leave me alone with him all the time.
Have you tried poisoning him? It crushes his defenses and deals heavy damage.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:42 pm

I got on late Sunday night to get some Bojack gear, mainly the bandanna, but didn't see it in the TP shop. I saw all his other geat, but the Bandanna wasn't there. IT was supposed to be in accessories, right?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 pm

dualist wrote:I got on late Sunday night to get some Bojack gear, mainly the bandanna, but didn't see it in the TP shop. I saw all his other geat, but the Bandanna wasn't there. IT was supposed to be in accessories, right?
I didn't see a bandana? Was that important?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:06 pm

You will need all parts in order to Bojack to be your mentor.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Man they're sure hitting the events at night. Freeza Raid, short tourneys, and Yamcha Expert?
Grimlock wrote:You will need all parts in order to Bojack to be your mentor.
Woah seriously?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Man they're sure hitting the events at night. Freeza Raid, short tourneys, and Yamcha Expert?
Grimlock wrote:You will need all parts in order to Bojack to be your mentor.
Woah seriously?
Yep. If you want to get all of his clothes, keep repeating the SSGSS Vegeta Expert Mission. It's easy, fast, and it gives you a lot of TP medals.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:23 am

Darkblade1995 wrote:
sintzu wrote:I haven't played this since it was released so I got back to playing it recently but I can't get above level 80 so is that it or is there another way to level up ?
You have to talk to the Grand Elder to level up to 85, and once you've hit that, you have to talk to him again to level up to 90.
Do I have to finish those challenges for that? Because I simply can't beat the last combo challenge at all... :roll:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:37 am

MCDaveG wrote:
Darkblade1995 wrote:
sintzu wrote:I haven't played this since it was released so I got back to playing it recently but I can't get above level 80 so is that it or is there another way to level up ?
You have to talk to the Grand Elder to level up to 85, and once you've hit that, you have to talk to him again to level up to 90.
Do I have to finish those challenges for that? Because I simply can't beat the last combo challenge at all... :roll:
Not that elder. Grand elder Guru. On Namek.

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:13 am

If anyone here wants to help out. Here's all of the data available in the latest update, gathered by myself (I know my way around 80-90% of the game's archives).
I'm about a month late to post this but hear me out. Some parts are still unknown.

Most of the tangible evidence here are from skillset and character definition files.
https://twitter.com/komodoxeno/status/8 ... 0832322561

Several people have come to the conclusion that character 142 is Merged Zamasu by fitting the japanese skill names from DBH to the shortcodes.
https://twitter.com/TokiTobashiHit/stat ... 7847171072
https://twitter.com/ko_jokai/status/836519365390393344

I've done a lot of research on the two games, the character shortcodes are pretty much identical between the two, however I cannot confirm any skills because DBH doesn't seem to list them the same, but nonetheless I did accurately predict two of Bojack's attacks ;)

However, recent confirmations and speculations aside, this steal leaves character 141 as anybody's guess. Feel free to look into these skill codes.So far there are 2 supers included: QSP and JDG. A lot of people are claiming "oh this has to be SSR trunks or SSB vegito" but neither of these characters require a new character definition as they could potentially just be re-skins, and the incomplete skillset here references "141" which is not present in the character definitions file (meaning it is not yet included). On the other hand, there are a few character with multiple definitions: the same happened with Hit's alt to accommodate a different moveset.
modder, co-manager of xenoversemods.com

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:06 am

Maybe 141 is Grotesque Zamasu with a unique moveset? If that were the case it'd be weird that he'd be before Merged Zamasu though.
Actually, I'm gonna go with Ikari Trunks, with him getting a unique moveset.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Komodo wrote:
However, recent confirmations and speculations aside, this steal leaves character 141 as anybody's guess. Feel free to look into these skill codes.So far there are 2 supers included: QSP and JDG. A lot of people are claiming "oh this has to be SSR trunks or SSB vegito" but neither of these characters require a new character definition as they could potentially just be re-skins, and the incomplete skillset here references "141" which is not present in the character definitions file (meaning it is not yet included). On the other hand, there are a few character with multiple definitions: the same happened with Hit's alt to accommodate a different moveset.
I could see Trunks's new form getting a new slot, incorporating his ki sword or something into his string. Similar to Rose Black in a way.

Kanassa wrote: