"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Yeah and Bojack wont train you either unless you are connected online too because I spent over 4 god damn hours grinding TP medals to buy his and ALL his crews clothes and he STILL wont teach me despite having every single piece of clothing. Long story short, Bojack and the TP shop content are online only.
Wait, you have to have all their equipment to train with him? That's gotta be close to 800 TP medals! :shock:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:19 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Yeah and Bojack wont train you either unless you are connected online too because I spent over 4 god damn hours grinding TP medals to buy his and ALL his crews clothes and he STILL wont teach me despite having every single piece of clothing. Long story short, Bojack and the TP shop content are online only.
Wait, you have to have all their equipment to train with him? That's gotta be close to 800 TP medals! :shock:
Thats the thing, I dont even think you do. Pretty the description that comes up when speaking to him implies you only need a piece or 2 but since I need to renew PS+, he consistently denies me even with me owning all the clothes.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So apparently Namco Bandais solution to patching the internal clock TP Medal Shop exploit was to lock all the new DLC which came out on a Tuesday until Friday. Content we paid for, and we arent even allowed to use most of it until 3 days later.

Oh and heres the real kicker, if you dont have online access, you cant get the new moves and clothes in the shop even if its on the weekend. You MUST be on the multiplayer server for the DLC moves and clothes to even show up in the shop. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? If someones PS+ or Xbox Live expires, they are denied access to content they already paid for?
Really cuz guess what it's friday and there's no new moves or clothing.

Oh and yknow what? You could get everything on Tuesday!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/04/21/ba ... -april-25/

Bojack teaches you 4 moves the 5th is in a PQ
4 clothes sets 2 of which are in the TP and the others in PQ

So please tell us what specifically was locked away till friday? cuz it's all here.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 am

excelhedge wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:So apparently Namco Bandais solution to patching the internal clock TP Medal Shop exploit was to lock all the new DLC which came out on a Tuesday until Friday. Content we paid for, and we arent even allowed to use most of it until 3 days later.

Oh and heres the real kicker, if you dont have online access, you cant get the new moves and clothes in the shop even if its on the weekend. You MUST be on the multiplayer server for the DLC moves and clothes to even show up in the shop. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? If someones PS+ or Xbox Live expires, they are denied access to content they already paid for?

So please tell us what specifically was locked away till friday? cuz it's all here.
Your skill list has slots with descriptions of both Rose Goku Black and Zamasus supers and ultimates. If they werent attainable they wouldnt be listed. You can check yourself and see clear descriptions for moves like Super Black Kamehameha and Divine Lasso. They are not available on the PQs so where else would they be other than the TP shop unless they decided for some reason to list them for the upcoming Pack 4?
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
excelhedge wrote:

Your skill list has slots with descriptions of both Rose Goku Black and Zamasus supers and ultimates. If they werent attainable they wouldnt be listed. You can check yourself and see clear descriptions for moves like Super Black Kamehameha and Divine Lasso. They are not available on the PQs so where else would they be other than the TP shop unless they decided for some reason to list them for the upcoming Pack 4?
Seeing as the trailer for DLC pack 4 is hinting that it'll be the story pack based on Goku Black's arc what do you think? Come back in month cuz you got what you paid for.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:55 am

Isn't there also supposed to be a free update soon tied to this DLC pack?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Isn't there also supposed to be a free update soon tied to this DLC pack?
Wasnt it the update that gave us Bojack and his crews clothes?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 am

What's even the point in making Base Black sound like Batman? It feels like it's a different voice from Goku's which is not good.
At least Rosè Black sounds more like Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm

So, we won't be able to buy the new outfits and techniques?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:37 pm

emperior wrote:What's even the point in making Base Black sound like Batman? It feels like it's a different voice from Goku's which is not good.
They recorded Black before or just as the arc began in Japan, so they effectively had no context whatsoever, now they do we have seen the change for Rosè if albeit it is still not there but it is on the right path and for a video game I think it is fine gets the job done.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:What's even the point in making Base Black sound like Batman? It feels like it's a different voice from Goku's which is not good.
They recorded Black before or just as the arc began in Japan, so they effectively had no context whatsoever, now they do we have seen the change for Rosè if albeit it is still not there but it is on the right path and for a video game I think it is fine gets the job done.
Hasn't Sean dubbed more base Black lines recently?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:54 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Thats the thing, I dont even think you do. Pretty the description that comes up when speaking to him implies you only need a piece or 2 but since I need to renew PS+, he consistently denies me even with me owning all the clothes.
Are you wearing any of them? He doesn't recognise that you have them if you have any equipped.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

That makes no sense but it worked. I did his training and have his moves now.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:That makes no sense but it worked. I did his training and have his moves now.
"He won't notice you in your usual clothes, but HE CAN TOTES SENSE THAT YOU HAVE HIS CREW'S EQUIPMENT"

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 pm

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
For XV2? No I don't think so. For Super? Honestly it is hard to say what they have dubbed for and what they haven't.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: They recorded Black before or just as the arc began in Japan, so they effectively had no context whatsoever, now they do we have seen the change for Rosè if albeit it is still not there but it is on the right path and for a video game I think it is fine gets the job done.
For XV2? No I don't think so. For Super? Honestly it is hard to say what they have dubbed for and what they haven't.
He has, DLC 3 has PQs with Base Black. He uses two wildly different voices for Base and Rose for some reason

Kanassa wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:
He has, DLC 3 has PQs with Base Black. He uses two wildly different voices for Base and Rose for some reason
Oh wow that's interesting kind of scuppers what I was thinking. An easy (and hopeful) explanation is that since they already dubbed Base Black like that previously they merely went with the same voice to have some consistency for XV2.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:55 pm

So... I watched an English/Japanese voice comparison video for Rosé Black and Zamasu, and I have to say - wow. With all due respect for Mr. Schemmel, Black is just plain awful for an evil Gokuu. There's no reason to have an accent when neither Base Black nor Zamasu have one, and I can't say for sure if it suits him regardless. (Though as a side note, that voice on another, non-DB character would actually be pretty neat.) And as for Zamasu, it's all right, though slightly too old-sounding and generally too emotionless; perhaps there's not enough range?

Anyway, I say all that to say, they're bearable, but I'm hopeful that they'll put their all into it when they get to the real deal in Super. (Also, another side note, and you're gonna hate me for this, but Base Black's voice is growing on me, specifically in the special dialogue clips with other characters.)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:So... I watched an English/Japanese voice comparison video for Rosé Black and Zamasu, and I have to say - wow. With all due respect for Mr. Schemmel, Black is just plain awful for an evil Gokuu. There's no reason to have an accent when neither Base Black nor Zamasu have one, and I can't say for sure if it suits him regardless. (Though as a side note, that voice on another, non-DB character would actually be pretty neat.) And as for Zamasu, it's all right, though slightly too old-sounding and generally too emotionless; perhaps there's not enough range?

Anyway, I say all that to say, they're bearable, but I'm hopeful that they'll put their all into it when they get to the real deal in Super. (Also, another side note, and you're gonna hate me for this, but Base Black's voice is growing on me, specifically in the special dialogue clips with other characters.)
I've seen the same video. Dub Zamasu is really bad, it's like the dude isn't even trying and he sounds too old. I really hope for the English audience that Black and Zamasu's voices will improve once FT arc gets dubbed.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:That makes no sense but it worked. I did his training and have his moves now.
"He won't notice you in your usual clothes, but HE CAN TOTES SENSE THAT YOU HAVE HIS CREW'S EQUIPMENT"
Do you need a full set or just an item of clothing? I have Bujin's Turban and Bido's Upper Body Clothes.

P.S. Thank goodness that the Super Saiyan Blue Goku Expert Mission doles out 16 TP Medals each time you beat it. Good for farming!
Last edited by ShadowBardock89 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif