"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 am

So, I asked James Marster via Twitter if he voiced Zamasu in Xenoverse 2 and he just liked my post. So, take that for what its worth.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:32 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:According to Rhymestyle Divine Lasso will be 300 TP and the other moves 75 or 175.

Start grinding folks.
Start grinding them, Folks!

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 pm

Oh and EACH PIECE of Super Trunks's clothes will be 200 medals each.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 pm

I made a quick count and you will need more than 1.000 medals in order to buy everything. :crazy: It's like what was said... Start grinding RIGHT NOW!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Ya know, the TP medal shop always annoyed me, but now I REALLY think whoever came up with this garbage idea is a fucking buffoon.

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:56 pm

This is why I got the PC version instead of the PS4 like I did with the first game - because I knew they would do crap like this. RNG and this level of grinding is a poor way to increase a game's length.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Ya know, the TP medal shop always annoyed me, but now I REALLY think whoever came up with this garbage idea is a fucking buffoon.
It's a dirty way for people to stay hooked to the game. The only thing they are going to achieve is that people get tired of the game with its grind and RNG system. It's too annoying to treat the game like an online RPG.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:03 pm

So 62 runs of Realm of The Gods: Goku and with 40 Ton Weights and a Z Rank, at the very least 200k XP for a grand total of 124 million XP.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:I made a quick count and you will need more than 1.000 medals in order to buy everything. :crazy: It's like what was said... Start grinding RIGHT NOW!
Holy God.

I so don't have the time to do that kind of grinding. I may like Xenoverse 2 a lot but it's not worth that much time and attention.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:50 pm

I've just collected 600 medals (I'll try to get 100 or 200 medals per day). It's enough to buy Divine Lasso but I also want Daishinkan's outfit, Trunks' sword and the chest part of his outfit. So probably I'll grind up to 1200 medals, that should be enough but maybe I'll have to get Black Kamehameha and Divine Retribution as well.

Anyways, what the hell is this, Xenoverse!? :eh: A Conton City like you never have seen it before... And you'll wish you never did.

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]

EDIT: The reward of Masked Saiyan's Raid Mission is Metal Cooler's outfit!

~ Day of the Machines ~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Seriously what's wrong with the TP medal currency in this game. It's beyond f*****. I have like over 10 million zeni with next to no use but this premium currency exists that I can only get in somewhat decent but still small quantities from about 4 missions and the random Krillin and Yamcha training events, that's it. What a turn off, these new prices are insane. I thought it was OK to have 2 moves like dragon fist and giant explosion be high priced but that was the limit.

We need:

- TP prices to be cheapened.
- A new way to earn medals.
- A way to exchange zeni for medals, maybe like 50k = 1 medal.
- A massive TP medal gift from the devs.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:29 pm

nato25 wrote:Seriously what's wrong with the TP medal currency in this game. It's beyond f*****. I have like over 10 million zeni with next to no use but this premium currency exists that I can only get in somewhat decent but still small quantities from about 4 missions and the random Krillin and Yamcha training events, that's it. What a turn off, these new prices are insane. I thought it was OK to have 2 moves like dragon fist and giant explosion be high priced but that was the limit.

We need:

- A massive TP medal gift from the devs.
Add to the list: A fastest way to level up, a fastest and better way to obtain the DBs, skills, and equipment. These kind of things need to be patched.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Alright, more than 30.000 points in Time Breaker Bardock Raid Mission done. Hopefully I'll finally get Metal Cooler's outfit.

Does this mean Japanese players can get the free stuff already?

~ Day of the Machines ~

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 01, 2017 12:52 am

YonedgeHP wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Ya know, the TP medal shop always annoyed me, but now I REALLY think whoever came up with this garbage idea is a fucking buffoon.
It's a dirty way for people to stay hooked to the game. The only thing they are going to achieve is that people get tired of the game with its grind and RNG system. It's too annoying to treat the game like an online RPG.
Yeah what they're saying we have to do is basically: Play the Vegeta expert mission over and over again until you have enough TP medals for everything. That's not replay value. That's tedium. What are they doing? taking notes from Destiny?

Not to mention how we have to grab three full outfits from the shop just for Bojack's moves. I miss in the first game where they'd just put the new stuff in the shops for a lot of zenny and also put some things on Parallel Quests. There's hardly anything on the PQs in XV2; especially the DLC ones.
YonedgeHP wrote:Add to the list: A faster way to level up
Actually I just recently found out you can make the "I want to grow" wish multiple times now, so there's that. Without doing that, good luck getting to max-level because the grind is awful without level up wishes.

Oh and the raid quests. I hate those. I REALLY hate those. Play a broken-ass awful limited time quest multiple to get an exclusive item and use the cheapest and most unfun tactics to rack up damage fast enough to get to the desired damage level. Yay. :sick:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon May 01, 2017 1:54 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Actually I just recently found out you can make the "I want to grow" wish multiple times now, so there's that. Without doing that, good luck getting to max-level because the grind is awful without level up wishes.
You can use the 3-level "I want to grow even more" wish once per level cap increase. Still, that's a lot of annoying grinding to get all the DBs.

J.T. Drago

Post by J.T. Drago » Mon May 01, 2017 11:52 am

Haven't played Xenoverse 2 in a while, mostly due to that Expert Mission involving Broly pissed me off really good. I might give the DLC stuff a chance later on. That being said though, I heard some quotes from Goku Black, and apparently at one point he says "Goku Black likey." ...I'm not sure how to respond to that. It's funny to hear such a deep growly voice say something like that, but it's so freaking weird to hear Black say that. The voice is a rather odd choice and I can't help but think of Black Doom from Shadow the Hedgehog, which makes sense since, y'know, same voice actor.

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Can anyone tell me why Bandai didn't promote the raid, and why was it on a Sunday when it's normally Saturday? Now I missed out on Coolers outfit smh. :x

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 pm

nato25 wrote:[spoiler]Seriously what's wrong with the TP medal currency in this game. It's beyond f*****. I have like over 10 million zeni with next to no use but this premium currency exists that I can only get in somewhat decent but still small quantities from about 4 missions and the random Krillin and Yamcha training events, that's it. What a turn off, these new prices are insane. I thought it was OK to have 2 moves like dragon fist and giant explosion be high priced but that was the limit.

We need:

- A massive TP medal gift from the devs.[/spoiler]
Could not agree more, with much of what's been said but especially this. Over 1,000 TP Medals just for a few moves and some clothes is insane. If that stuff was kept to the PQs, they'd add so much more value to the DLC packs.

But on the bright side, I wanted Black's and Future Mai's clothes far more than these ones, so I'll only need to debate on grinding for Divine Lasso. (Y'know, after I beat Expert Mission 15...)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Well, I'm at level 90 and Guru won't increase my level cap. I am doing something wrong?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 am

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017