"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:01 am

I won't mind having Garlic Jr for DLC. Maybe have him get a special interaction with Zamasu since they are both immortal.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 am

gonna be getting my hands back onto the game later today (getting home from hospital with my mom).

Has anyone noticed any changes to the awakened forms? I mean aside from SS3 being activaded at 3 Ki bars. Buffs? Debuffs? Ki requirements? I've got a Saiyan with all Super Saiyan forms and Potential Unlocked so I can test those. I don't have Kaioken though. I should really grind that one out.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 am

If we get other DLC characters then chances are there won't be anyone form the tournamnet of power, they're most likely going to save them for XV3.

We'll at least get Bojack's transformation (assuming we get characters).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:30 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:This Shenlong wish is a god send. I can finally get all the DLC content I paid for easily.
I love Sword of Hope, it's a very creative ultimate attack, though this means I now need to make my Melee character have max Ki. Super Black Kamehameha seems way too easy to escape from.
Your comment makes no sense. Anything thats cost TP Medals is from the FREE update meaning that you didn't pay for any of that specific content...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:34 am

I didn't see anybody commenting about it but there will be two more Raid Missions, Bojack and Goku Black.

Maybe that means Paragus' outfit and Mecha Freeza's head will be the reward from those missions. Speaking of which, it seems this weekend is Cell's Raid Mission (if I remember correctly, its reward is Trendy Suit). We need to stay tuned to know when Bojack and Goku Black will happen and their rewards.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am

Looking out for raids would be a whole lot easier if the news board actually worked. It's been showing "No events are currently running" for months. I wonder what the deal is, especially considering the event notifications still pop up on the upper right corner yet the board itself remains blank.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 am

Honestly, with Fighter Z coming next year, and considering that they probably won't add more Super characters, I am not interested at all in more DLC unless they finally allow us to use Demigra, Final Form Mira, Grotesque Zamasu or Goku/Vegeta in ROF Gi with SS. And that is not going to happen. So...Pretty happy with my experience with the game. If anything, collecting the Dragon Balls is the only thing that annoyed me, but using the method of creating more characters you can get them in short time. Also your CaC not being a separate slot so you can make fights between different ones online also kinda sucks.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 am

Grimlock wrote:I didn't see anybody commenting about it but there will be two more Raid Missions, Bojack and Goku Black.

Maybe that means Paragus' outfit and Mecha Freeza's head will be the reward from those missions. Speaking of which, it seems this weekend is Cell's Raid Mission (if I remember correctly, its reward is Trendy Suit). We need to stay tuned to know when Bojack and Goku Black will happen and their rewards.
Oh shit there's one this weekend? YOU MEAN I GET TO POUND CELL!? Better be that Bikini again. I want Janemba's Sword, but that's a second to the Bikini... wait, that sounds... oh well.

I left my PS4 on in sleep mode so the update should already be installed, but I think I have to manually download the DLC (I got the season pass).

YO ZAMASU! GOD BROCCA GONNA BEAT YOUR GODLY ASS!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:49 am

cheddarsword wrote: Oh shit there's one this weekend? YOU MEAN I GET TO POUND CELL!? Better be that Bikini again. I want Janemba's Sword, but that's a second to the Bikini... wait, that sounds... oh well.
If you're gonna pound Cell, do you really need clothes? I mean, he's just going to rip through them anyway
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:55 am

Kanassa wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: Oh shit there's one this weekend? YOU MEAN I GET TO POUND CELL!? Better be that Bikini again. I want Janemba's Sword, but that's a second to the Bikini... wait, that sounds... oh well.
If you're gonna pound Cell, do you really need clothes? I mean, he's just going to rip through them anyway
cell doesn't have tuna to pound... does he?? :wtf:
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:56 am

Anyone having a hard time getting Savage Strike to connect?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:03 pm

Soccerjam wrote:Anyone having a hard time getting Savage Strike to connect?
Yeah. You have to stamina break the opponent and have them sitting still to connect it. Even when they're not locked on, it doesn't hit.

I'm loving Spirit Stab, though. It's like a little laugh in the face to the opponent when they're blocking.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Soccerjam wrote:Anyone having a hard time getting Savage Strike to connect?
Only if you want to press twice the button in order to make the character to teleport. If you use it pressing the button once it will always connect with any combo after sending the opponent to fly away.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
@ Kanassa: Like Goku told Broly, you don't start by going all out. Goku didn't take his shirt off for Freeza right at the start did he? He made him work for it.

@AnimeNation101: What are you talking about? Cell has a "tail" doesn't he? Isn't that how Goku caught tuna?

Being a Raid quest, lots of people are gonna get their chance to pound Cell.

I should be able to satisfy the reward requirements in one go with my skills, but if not, I'll just keep grinding away.

...Hmm... still sounds... fishy...

EDIT: Is there a standard amount of damage you have to do to get the reward or does it vary by raid? Super 17 needed 50k for the bikini i think (watched a video after the fact).

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: If you're gonna pound Cell, do you really need clothes? I mean, he's just going to rip through them anyway
@AnimeNation101: What are you talking about? Cell has a "tail" doesn't he? Isn't that how Goku caught tuna?
well that is where the Cell Jrs came from

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:30 pm

HAHAHAHA! Holy shit the EXP needed to level up is ridiculous! 99 needs about 47,000,000! Currently farming Dragon Balls! There's no way in hell I'd reach that ANY time soon farming EM16 even WITH the current boost and 40 ton weights!

On a different note, SS4 Goku's red tail uses the same model as the Saiyan Tail item, but for some reason, it's smaller. At least it is for my max height, min weight female saiyan.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

I don't ever wanna see any comments about the characters playing the same in Xenoverse again! Merged Zamasu's combos are insane.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:23 am

Just hit LV. 99 with Brocca. Incase it wasn't already known, you can indeed max out 3 complete sets of stats at 125 (hitting LV. 99 gives the final 3 stat points) making the stat point total now 375.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:20 am

Is it me or does it not take as long to beat opponents in Xenoverse 2?

I remember in Xenoverse for quite a few of the fights it would take forever to beat certain characters, you'd just be wailing away at them over and over for ages before they'd go down. It'd get really repetitive.

I haven't noticed that so much at all with Xenoverse 2 though.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:30 am

Bullza wrote:Is it me or does it not take as long to beat opponents in Xenoverse 2?

I remember in Xenoverse for quite a few of the fights it would take forever to beat certain characters, you'd just be wailing away at them over and over for ages before they'd go down. It'd get really repetitive.

I haven't noticed that so much at all with Xenoverse 2 though.
Not sure what you mean. If you mean online Vs. then yeah, they're pretty quick. My matches usually last about a minute.