"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 pm

dualist wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
precita wrote:What's the point of a Xenoverse 3 if they're just going to keep adding DLC characters to this game?
I doubt they're going to keep adding DLC characters, especially after FighterZ comes out.
Xenoverse 3 will have a new story and new features, potentially a new hub and all sorts of other stuff. Feel free to believe me or not, but I've been told that Xenoverse 3 is a much more ambitious game and they are even redoing some of the assets from the first two games to look better.
I definitely believe you. They are going to have to make it more ambitious if they want to really improve the game. I hope they incorporate more rpg elements as I feel XV is more of an action RPG than a fighter. Story mode definitely needs to be co-op, especially since they've been selling the aspect of playing with friends. In XV2, I just rushed through the story mode because I wanted to get to the online play.

For those of you worried about FighterZ and what it means for the XV series, I think it's the best thing that could've happened to XV. Now they can put more focus on what makes it different from a traditional fighter. The hardcore fighter fans will flock to FighterZ where the fighting mechanics are at a premium. XV can still improve on the battle mechanics, but the focus should be on story, CaC, and online play. Imagine if we had guilds and online events outside of raids and stuff like that. It would be great if they incorporated elements from the Heroes story and you can choose to be a Time Patroller or a Time Breaker. I look at a game like Destiny and think that SV could take a page from their book and make it more of an MMO by making a fully online story mode that you can play through with friends. Basically, I want them to get closer to what we had in Dragonball Online :P
I agree. With the FighterZ series here there will be a XV FighterZ dynamic where one game comes then the other and so on and so forth. Xenoverse can now focus on its MMO aspects. They can add more gameplay mechanics but focus on new modes and creative story telling, etc. FighterZ is the db game for game play. Xenoverse is the db game for adventure and multiple modes.

Also add to Cac features and fix online and XV3 is golden.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 am

45 hours dumped into the Switch version and I still got stuff to do. What an awesome game.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:10 pm

If there is indeed going to be a Xenoverse 3, then BT3’s status as the Dragon Ball game with the largest roster (not counting Heroes) is most likely going to come to an end.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:55 pm

WittyUsername wrote:If there is indeed going to be a Xenoverse 3, then BT3’s status as the Dragon Ball game with the largest roster (not counting Heroes) is most likely going to come to an end.
And hopefully then people will look back at BT3 and realise that it having the 'Largest Roster' was a meaningless status in the first place.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:If there is indeed going to be a Xenoverse 3, then BT3’s status as the Dragon Ball game with the largest roster (not counting Heroes) is most likely going to come to an end.
And hopefully then people will look back at BT3 and realise that it having the 'Largest Roster' was a meaningless status in the first place.
I hope so. XV2 is comparable to BT3. It’s the nostalgia that is making people think otherwise
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I hope so. XV2 is comparable to BT3. It’s the nostalgia that is making people think otherwise
If we wanna speak technically, every Dragon Ball game already had a higher roster than BT3

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:47 am

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: And hopefully then people will look back at BT3 and realise that it having the 'Largest Roster' was a meaningless status in the first place.
If we wanna speak technically, every Dragon Ball game already had a higher roster than BT3
Yeah basically. Except maybe be Battle of Z, Ultimate Tenkaichi, and Dragon Ball for Kinect but I'm not sure

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:50 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I hope so. XV2 is comparable to BT3. It’s the nostalgia that is making people think otherwise
Yeah basically. Except maybe be Battle of Z, Ultimate Tenkaichi, and Dragon Ball for Kinect but I'm not sure
If they had more than four characters, than they had more. Except for Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Kanassa wrote:

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:20 am

Kanassa wrote:
"Meaningless" for what? It's clearly that, most characters in a fighting game. It was impressive then, is still impressive to this day.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Absolutely not. I've been playing Tenkaichi 3 practically every year since it's release and it's a bloody brilliant fighting game. I love Xenoverse 2, don't get me wrong, but it's very shallow as a fighter in comparison to Tenkaichi 3. It works great as an MMO and the kind of game that'll please just about everyone, but there really is no sense in comparing these two games like this as their purposes are different.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 am

Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
"Meaningless" for what? It's clearly that, most characters in a fighting game. It was impressive then, is still impressive to this day.
It was impressive, until you realise the only reason the roster was so big was because it wasn't big at all. It was four characters copied and pasted with different skins. Quantity is meaningless when it comes to roster if there is little difference between those numbers.

Kanassa wrote:

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am

Kanassa wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote: And hopefully then people will look back at BT3 and realise that it having the 'Largest Roster' was a meaningless status in the first place.
It was impressive, until you realise the only reason the roster was so big was because it wasn't big at all. It was four characters copied and pasted with different skins. Quantity is meaningless when it comes to roster if there is little difference between those numbers.
You must've not played the game much to come to this conclusion, or probably remember incorrectly. Yes there are several Gokus per era, that's actually a good thing because you get to play as them with each move set. When it comes to different characters, they all fight with different styles and animations up close. Compare Piccolo with Teen Gohan SS2 and the difference is night and day for melee.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 am

Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Kokonoe wrote: "Meaningless" for what? It's clearly that, most characters in a fighting game. It was impressive then, is still impressive to this day.
You must've not played the game much to come to this conclusion, or probably remember incorrectly. Yes there are several Gokus per era, that's actually a good thing because you get to play as them with each move set. When it comes to different characters, they all fight with different styles and animations up close. Compare Piccolo with Teen Gohan SS2 and the difference is night and day for melee.
I've played the game very much in my effort to 100% three times as a kid, a teen and recently on bet. There one giant character, one large character, one medium character and one short character. Compare great ape to hirudigarn. Compare Broly to Full Power Bojack. Compare Piccolo to Tien. Compare Chaotzu to Kid Gohan.

Kanassa wrote:

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 am

Kanassa wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote: It was impressive, until you realise the only reason the roster was so big was because it wasn't big at all. It was four characters copied and pasted with different skins. Quantity is meaningless when it comes to roster if there is little difference between those numbers.
I've played the game very much in my effort to 100% three times as a kid, a teen and recently on bet. There one giant character, one large character, one medium character and one short character. Compare great ape to hirudigarn. Compare Broly to Full Power Bojack. Compare Piccolo to Tien. Compare Chaotzu to Kid Gohan.
I can see you saying something about the great apes, they are similar (I mean they are in every game they are in), but Piccolo to Tien? When it comes to how they fight, they are completely different in how they swing their limbs and fight. Chaotzu in particular is pretty unique with how he fights being he fights with telekinesis.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 am

precita wrote:What's the point of a Xenoverse 3 if they're just going to keep adding DLC characters to this game?
3 will most likely focus on the tournament of power so they want to get old characters out of the way now. There are others that we won't get now such as Freeza's forms so those will probably be left for XV3.
ArchedThunder wrote:Feel free to believe me or not, but I've been told that Xenoverse 3 is a much more ambitious game and they are even redoing some of the assets from the first two games to look better.
That's great to know. It's safe to assume 2019 is when it'll be out ?
WittyUsername wrote:If there is indeed going to be a Xenoverse 3, then BT3’s status as the Dragon Ball game with the largest roster is most likely going to come to an end.
An argument could be made that XV2 has already surpassed it. Not only does it have a huge roster but the characters are a lot more different from BT3's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:43 am

Kokonoe wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Absolutely not. I've been playing Tenkaichi 3 practically every year since it's release and it's a bloody brilliant fighting game. I love Xenoverse 2, don't get me wrong, but it's very shallow as a fighter in comparison to Tenkaichi 3. It works great as an MMO and the kind of game that'll please just about everyone, but there really is no sense in comparing these two games like this as their purposes are different.
BT3 has an impressive combo and fighting system but the characters as a whole are all just clones of like 10 different characters max. They all play the same and the attacks are just re-colors or attacks with slight changes

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Feel free to believe me or not, but I've been told that Xenoverse 3 is a much more ambitious game and they are even redoing some of the assets from the first two games to look better.
That's great to know. It's safe to assume 2019 is when it'll be out ?
What I said is everything I know.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:What I said is everything I know.
Thanks anyway, regardless of when it comes out, it's good to know it's actually being worked on. :clap:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 pm

The Tournament of Power will probably be the big focus of Xenoverse 3. With so many new characters in that arc, they can easily add them on the main roster than have all of them be DLC. Not to mention, I can see the next arc after the Tournament of Power being added in XV3 as well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
The Tournament of Power will probably be the big focus of Xenoverse 3. With so many new characters in that arc, they can easily add them on the main roster than have all of them be DLC. Not to mention, I can see the next arc after the Tournament of Power being added in XV3 as well.
As long as they make the story mode online, then we're good to go.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 pm

dualist wrote:As long as they make the story mode online, then we're good to go.
I can't see that working at all with Xenoverse's server issues. I'd absolutely love offline co-op for the story mode, but it would probably crash repeatedly online if the netcode isn't fixed by then (which I have hopes for, but still some doubts).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune